Plane with 150 on board crashes in southern France (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

K

Keka

Internet Warrior
Germanwings flight with at least 144 passengers and crew of six goes down in the Alps region, French sources say.
d523cc8bb72a4ac98843dd7aa4befa2b_18.jpg

An Airbus plane operated by Germanwings with at least 144 passengers, two pilots and four flight attendants on board has crashed in the French Alps region.

In a live briefing on Tuesday, French President Francois Hollande said it was unlikely that there were survivors, adding that the area of the crash was remote.

Hollande said it was probable that a number of the victims were German. It was not clear whether anyone on the ground had been hurt, he said.

"It's a tragedy on our soil," Hollande said about the crash that ocurred near Digne-Les-Bains in Alpes-de-Hautes-Provence.

Hollande "extended all his support" to German Chancellor Angela Merkel during a phone call, the French presidency said in a statement, while the German ambassador to France said she would visit the crash site in the southern Alps within hours.

Spanish Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy said in a statement that at least 45 Spanish passengers were believed to be onboard the plane.

'A loud noise, then nothing'

The owner of a nearby camping site said he heard the plane come down. "There was a loud noise and then suddenly nothing. At first I thought it came from fighter jets that often hold drills in the area," Pierre Polizzi told Al Jazeera.

"The plane crashed just 2km from here, high on a mountain," Polizzi, owner of Camping Rioclar, said.

Eric Ciotti, the head of the regional council, said search-and-rescue teams were headed to the crash site at Meolans-Revels.

French TV reported that 240 local firefighters and three police squadrons were mobilised for the rescue effort.

Story: http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/03/german-passenger-jet-crashes-french-alps-150324104354907.html

professional pilot forums are saying the crash is most likely due to 'pilot incapacitation'.

Pilot incapacitation as in they were high as fuck? Or drunk? Or hungover? I wouldn't be surprised if they were fighting even. I've heard all kinds of really bizarre shit from pilots. I used to drink at a bar frequented by international flight crews here in Japan and the shit they'd talk about would almost compel you to ask them which airline they were with so you could avoid it LOL

gman

Free Shrugs©
This user was banned
Pilot incapacitation as in they were high as fuck? Or drunk? Or hungover? I wouldn't be surprised if they were fighting even. I've heard all kinds of really bizarre shit from pilots. I used to drink at a bar frequented by international flight crews here in Japan and the shit they'd talk about would almost compel you to ask them which airline they were with so you could avoid it LOL
My first thought was high or drunk lol. Yeh, they're a funny breed alright.

K

Keka

Internet Warrior
My father flew for 22 years in the Air Force and later moved onto commercial for another 10, even as a contractor to Saudi Arabian Airlines than All Nippon as a Flight Engineer on L1011's. He sure has some stories.. One memorable one was how he walked off a flight in Geneva that was homeward bound to Jeddah, Saudi after the Captain decided he'd skip an entire page in the pre-flight checklist.

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
professional pilot forums are saying the crash is most likely due to 'pilot incapacitation'.
There're still working on that theory. It's the only one that makes sense since they are ruling out foul play or terrorism since the plane made an 8 minute descent without a distress call from the pilots.

Will be interesting to see what the investigators are able to get from the CVR, which reportedly contains nothing but garbled sounds and voices.

THE SHEIKH

Chief Trump Campaign Strategist
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-32063587

deliberate

The co-pilot of the Germanwings plane that crashed into the French Alps on Tuesday appeared to want to "destroy the plane", French officials said.

Marseille prosecutor Brice Robin, citing information from the "black box" voice recorder, said the co-pilot was alone in the cockpit.

He intentionally started a descent while the pilot was locked out.

Mr Robin said there was "absolute silence in the cockpit" as the pilot fought to re-enter it.

The co-pilot, now named as Andreas Lubitz, was alive until the final impact, the prosecutors added.

"We hear the pilot ask the co-pilot to take control of the plane and we hear at the same time the sound of a seat moving backwards and the sound of a door closing," Mr Robin told reporters.

"At that moment, the co-pilot is controlling the plane by himself. While he is alone, the co-pilot presses the buttons of the flight monitoring system to put into action the descent of the aeroplane.

"This action on the altitude controls can only be deliberate."

The Airbus 320 from Barcelona to Duesseldorf hit a mountain, killing 150 people, after an eight-minute descent.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-32063587

deliberate

The co-pilot of the Germanwings plane that crashed into the French Alps on Tuesday appeared to want to "destroy the plane", French officials said.

Marseille prosecutor Brice Robin, citing information from the "black box" voice recorder, said the co-pilot was alone in the cockpit.

He intentionally started a descent while the pilot was locked out.

Mr Robin said there was "absolute silence in the cockpit" as the pilot fought to re-enter it.

The co-pilot, now named as Andreas Lubitz, was alive until the final impact, the prosecutors added.

"We hear the pilot ask the co-pilot to take control of the plane and we hear at the same time the sound of a seat moving backwards and the sound of a door closing," Mr Robin told reporters.

"At that moment, the co-pilot is controlling the plane by himself. While he is alone, the co-pilot presses the buttons of the flight monitoring system to put into action the descent of the aeroplane.

"This action on the altitude controls can only be deliberate."

The Airbus 320 from Barcelona to Duesseldorf hit a mountain, killing 150 people, after an eight-minute descent.
Yep that's exactly what I' just heard on the news here in Tokyo

tyyp

Rookie
what would you do if you are pilot and some peoples are threatening to kill your family if you dont crash the plane

tyyp

Rookie
its not done like that..
only sandra bullocks and george clooney film do this

i have no doubt that this kind of principle situations has been happened in real life too, and already now i remember one documentary from last year , im not sure was it some german engineer who was killed by russans or asians, but everyone thought he did suicide. it was obvious that he was forced to do something :stirshit:

Back