Ronald DeFeo Jr (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

C_R

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Ronald ("Butch") DeFeo, Jr. (born September 26, 1951) is an American murderer. He was tried and convicted for the 1974 killings of his father, mother, two brothers and two sisters. The case is notable for being the real life inspiration behind the book and film versions of The Amityville Horror.

At around 6:30 on the evening of November 13, 1974, 23-year-old Ronald DeFeo, Jr. burst into Henry's Bar in Amityville, Long Island, New York and declared: "You got to help me! I think my mother and father are shot!" DeFeo and a small group of people went to 112 Ocean Avenue, which was located not far from the bar, and found that DeFeo's parents were indeed dead. One of the group, Joe Yeswit, made an emergency call to the Suffolk County Police, who searched the house and found that six members of the same family were dead in their beds.

he victims were car dealer Ronald DeFeo, Sr. (43), Louise DeFeo (42), and four of their children: Dawn (18); Allison (13); Marc (12); and John Matthew (9). All of the victims had been shot with a .35 caliber lever action Marlin 336C rifle at around three o'clock in the morning of that day. DeFeo's parents had both been shot twice, while the children had all been killed with single shots. Louise DeFeo and her daughter Allison were reportedly the only victims who were awakened by the gunfire at the time of their deaths, but according to Suffolk County Police the victims were all found lying on their stomachs in bed. The DeFeo family had occupied 112 Ocean Avenue since purchasing it in 1965. The murdered members of the DeFeo family are buried in nearby Saint Charles Cemetery in Farmingdale.

Ronald DeFeo, Jr. was the eldest son of the family, and was also known as "Butch". He was taken to the local police station for his own protection after suggesting to police officers at the scene of the crime that the killings had been carried out by a mob hit man named Louis Falini. However, an interview with DeFeo at the station soon exposed serious inconsistencies in his version of events, and the following day he confessed to carrying out the killings himself. He told detectives: "Once I started, I just couldn’t stop. It went so fast." DeFeo admitted that he had taken a bath, redressed, and discarded crucial evidence like blood-stained clothes, the Marlin rifle and cartridges on his way to work as usual.

DeFeo's trial began on October 14, 1975. He and his defense lawyer William Weber mounted an affirmative defense of insanity, with DeFeo claiming that voices in his head had urged him to carry out the killings. The insanity plea was supported by the psychiatrist for the defense, Dr. Daniel Schwartz. The psychiatrist for the prosecution, Dr. Harold Zolan, maintained that although DeFeo was an abuser of heroin and LSD, he had antisocial personality disorder and was aware of his actions at the time of the crime.

On November 21, 1975, DeFeo was found guilty on six counts of second-degree murder. On December 4, 1975, Judge Thomas Stark sentenced Ronald DeFeo, Jr. to six consecutive sentences of 25 years to life.

DeFeo is currently held in Green Haven Correctional Facility, Beekman, New York, and all of his appeals to the parole board to date have been turned down.

Attachments

• c1.jpg
    c1.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 1,175
  • c2.jpg
    c2.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 1,216
  • c3.jpg
    c3.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 1,297
  • c4.jpg
    c4.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 1,218
  • c5.jpg
    c5.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 1,310
  • c6.jpg
    c6.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 1,278
  • c7.jpg
    c7.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 1,233
  • c8.jpg
    c8.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 1,241
  • c9.jpg
    c9.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 1,307
  • c10.jpg
    c10.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 1,284
  • c11.jpg
    c11.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 1,260
  • c12.jpg
    c12.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 1,318
  • c13.jpg
    c13.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 1,255
  • c14.jpg
    c14.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 1,286
  • c15.jpg
    c15.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 1,141

dre777

Fresh Meat
interesting my year of birth month and almost day with my name, coincidence ???:-_^: hhhmmmmmmmmm....

Airbornemama

Something Ironic...
This user was banned
Another nice thread C_R!! Dafeo was certainly fucked in the head to actually think he could get away with this scott free!!:shakefist:

Time Bomb

Tic Toc, Tic Toc
The legendary Amityville Horror case. Like a lot of people I researched it and still believe this was a mob hit. Defeo Jr. was just a drug addicted piece of shit. His father was a car dealer and had some shady connections with the mob. But, just like The Manson murders, the case engulfed the public and drew in many millions of dollars. So mouths were shut and evidence was destroyed.. oh well.. just my 2 cents.. Do some research though and you just might agree.

KG

stalking
The legendary Amityville Horror case. Like a lot of people I researched it and still believe this was a mob hit. Defeo Jr. was just a drug addicted piece of shit. His father was a car dealer and had some shady connections with the mob. But, just like The Manson murders, the case engulfed the public and drew in many millions of dollars. So mouths were shut and evidence was destroyed.. oh well.. just my 2 cents.. Do some research though and you just might agree.

Explain the sons actions that night then. I don't believe the mob hit scenario. Thats not the way the mob worked/works.

Time Bomb

Tic Toc, Tic Toc
First I agree with the mob having some code of conduct. Now remember there are tons of stories written about this case. So that said, one reported Defeo was out driving around with a friend. He stopped home "with his friend" and found the bodies. Then they both went to the bar and so forth. I also remember reading about his fathers shady mob connections and some money troubles. For "facts" one would have to have been there. I can only assume and conclude my personal opinion.

KG

stalking
First I agree with the mob having some code of conduct. Now remember there are tons of stories written about this case. So that said, one reported Defeo was out driving around with a friend. He stopped home "with his friend" and found the bodies. Then they both went to the bar and so forth. I also remember reading about his fathers shady mob connections and some money troubles. For "facts" one would have to have been there. I can only assume and conclude my personal opinion.

I wasn't saying your opinion was wrong :)

Time Bomb

Tic Toc, Tic Toc
Too funny JenAdair lol. And your right KG i heard the sister story too. And this is why the story grossed so many millions to this day. Too many loose ends. How, why, what... the devil??

Reactions: KG

Silhouette

lil miss ESAD
"The Real Amityville Horror"

Ronald DeFeo Jr.

1 (15).jpg

Well, this story begins on November 13, 1974, with a crazy guy running into a bar, screaming that his entire family has just been killed. So the when police where called they went out to the bar to check it out. When they arrived they asked the young man in question what was going on, he replied that "they had got his mum and dad."

1 (3).jpg

When the cops did a quick walk through of the house, it seems the guy had underestimated "them". There were six bodies. When identified they were found to be Ronald DeFeo Sr., his wife, Louise, their daughters Dawn, 18, and Allison, 13, and their sons Mark, 12, and John, 7. And the guy who had lead to this find was Ronald jr, 23, the sole survivor of the family.

1 (4).jpg

Once police began questioning Ronald jr., who preferred to be called 'Butch' (as he repeatedly pointed out) he told them a pretty amusing story. It seems that two weeks earlier Butch was taking the family's business's money to the bank when he was robbed by a known mobster, Louis Falini.

Butch said that his father was in deep with the mob. Anyway, when he broke the news of his run in with the mobster, his father called him a liar, and accused Butch of stealing the money himself. One would think this caused a little friction in the family.

1 (8).jpg

So onto the day of the murders. Butch spend most of the day drinking. He had some friends around to the house earlier in the day for a bit of a piss-up, and then later that night turned up at a bar, continuing his drinking. As he left the bar to go home he made a point of saying that he'd left his keys at home, and would have to brake in. Well an hour or so later Butch came bursting back into the bar, and you know the rest.

So while Butch was giving this version of events Police were checking out the guy with his friends. It didn't take long to work out who was the main suspect in the case. They were told he was a bit of a nutter, and his main passion were guns. In fact, when police checked out his room, they found an empty cardboard box for a Marlin .35 rifle. Butch was held a little longer until it was confirmed how the family members were killed. I'm sure you can figure this one out from here. Yep, all were killed by a bullet in the head from nothing other than a Marlin .35 rifle.

From about this point on Butch started inventing some crazy fuckin stories about how the family were killed, and following his actual arrest he begun to act very crazy. So it's no surprise that around one year later when his trial started, he decided to plead insanity. It nearly worked too, but unfortunately the judge and jury seen through it and he was found guilty.

He was sentenced to 25 to life six times, but because of a bizarre law all the murders were counted as one, so he is serving all six sentences concurrently, meaning he should already be up for parole now. You just gotta love the U.S. justice system.

INTERESTING BIT

So this is where DeFeo became known. The house, known as 'High Hopes', was bought by a stupid family who thought it was haunted and were finally scared off less than a year after moving in. They then sold the story of the 'haunted house' and it became probably the most famous of our era. The book written on the place was called The Amityville Horror. It was later turned into a film that scared the fuck out of a lot of people and spawned a couple of shitty sequels.

1 (17).jpg

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 150
  • 1 (1).jpg
    1 (1).jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 158
  • 1 (2).jpg
    1 (2).jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 157
  • 1 (5).jpg
    1 (5).jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 156
  • 1 (6).jpg
    1 (6).jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 147
  • 1 (7).jpg
    1 (7).jpg
    44 KB · Views: 157
  • 1 (9).jpg
    1 (9).jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 152
  • 1 (10).jpg
    1 (10).jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 157
  • 1 (11).jpg
    1 (11).jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 151
  • 1 (12).jpg
    1 (12).jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 148
  • 1 (13).jpg
    1 (13).jpg
    37 KB · Views: 146
  • 1 (14).jpg
    1 (14).jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 143
  • 1 (16).jpg
    1 (16).jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 129

JPJ

Rookie
Fuck... this ain't the real Amityville Horror!!!
The real Amityville Horror had a shitload of flies at the window, red shit oozing outta the walls (green if you read the book) , redrum written on the wall and an axe wielding psychopath!

Back