Travis Alexander Case - DISCUSS IT HERE! (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Mickey

Forum Veteran
I didn't expect this. I feel bad for his family having to keep dealing with being in court. The prosecutor should just take the DP off the table and let the judge sentence her to life without parole.
They're probably gonna re-try the case, and as tenacious as Juan Martinez is, I doubt he would take the death penalty off the table and let the judge sentence her to lwop. He'll probably seek the death penalty the second time around. If I were him, I'd probably let the judge sentence her to lwop just for the family's sake, just to get the shit over with. Unless they want her to get the death penalty, then I'd go for it.

whatzup911

According to Dave Hall, who is a close family friend of the Alexanders, they do want the death penalty. The DA said they will discuss taking it off of the table, but the choice will be left to the family. The only part of the case that will be re-tried is the penalty phase. The new jury has to accept both verdicts that have already been rendered. According to HLN (take THAT for what its worth) the new penalty phase trial will last approximately 6 weeks... and that's once they can actually find 12 people who can be impartial. :rofl:

I agree with Jason though... if it were me and I was tired of looking at my brother's murderer and all of this shit had gone down as it has... I'd take death off the table and say LWOP and you got a deal. That could still happen. Who knows with this thing? Its had more twists and turns than I can even count. :shrug:

MajorWhiteBoy

Forum Veteran
According to Dave Hall, who is a close family friend of the Alexanders, they do want the death penalty. The DA said they will discuss taking it off of the table, but the choice will be left to the family. The only part of the case that will be re-tried is the penalty phase. The new jury has to accept both verdicts that have already been rendered. According to HLN (take THAT for what its worth) the new penalty phase trial will last approximately 6 weeks... and that's once they can actually find 12 people who can be impartial. :rofl:

I agree with Jason though... if it were me and I was tired of looking at my brother's murderer and all of this shit had gone down as it has... I'd take death off the table and say LWOP and you got a deal. That could still happen. Who knows with this thing? Its had more twists and turns than I can even count. :shrug:
Man, tough call! I dont know what I'd do if he were my relative. I think i would push for death, i think i would consider the struggle a tribute to the fallen...but i admit, i wouldnt have the first clue how they feel. Nobody will till it happens to them.

LilyCuster

Premium Member Bitches!
GoreGrish.GGimage.jpg

GoreGrish.GGimage (1).jpg

GoreGrish.GGimage (2).jpg

Back