murder What are your thoughts on the Lindsay Clancy case? (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

CowDozer

Rookie
It's said that she strangled her three children before jumping out of her second story window/balcony. It's also said that she was receiving treatments for PPD and PPP (post partem depression and post partem psychosis). Neither of which give a liable explanation for what happened.

The husband had stepped out of the house for about half an hour to grab dinner for his family. When he returned, he saw his wife lying on the ground from the jump she took. He called for EMS and they discovered the three children. A 5 year old daughter, a 3 year old son and an 8 month old infant. Two of which were dead on scene and one, the infant, being flown to a hospital and succumbing to the strangulation injuries while there.

She is awaiting arraignment pending her release from the hospital. Her charges before the death of the infant were two counts of murder, three counts of strangulation, and three counts of assault and battery with a deadly weapon, according to Plymouth District Attorney Timothy Cruz.

Now, she will likely be charged with all three murders.

wiggins

Forum Veteran
It's said that she strangled her three children before jumping out of her second story window/balcony. It's also said that she was receiving treatments for PPD and PPP (post partem depression and post partem psychosis). Neither of which give a liable explanation for what happened.

The husband had stepped out of the house for about half an hour to grab dinner for his family. When he returned, he saw his wife lying on the ground from the jump she took. He called for EMS and they discovered the three children. A 5 year old daughter, a 3 year old son and an 8 month old infant. Two of which were dead on scene and one, the infant, being flown to a hospital and succumbing to the strangulation injuries while there.

She is awaiting arraignment pending her release from the hospital. Her charges before the death of the infant were two counts of murder, three counts of strangulation, and three counts of assault and battery with a deadly weapon, according to Plymouth District Attorney Timothy Cruz.

post partem depression and post partem psychosis would give a very likely explanation for what happened.

The only question would be why she was not in a mental health ward at the time...

CowDozer

Rookie
post partem depression and post partem psychosis would give a very likely explanation for what happened.

The only question would be why she was not in a mental health ward at the time...
It explains her manic episodes yes, but not murdering her children. No disorder will physically force you to do things like this. Will it make you think about it? Absolutely. But it takes willpower and dedication to strangle three children to death or to go out and shoot up a school or theatre or to drive through a crowd of people, really any act of murder. She had a time window to do it in and she knew that. She knew her husband wouldn't be back for a little bit and that gave her a few minutes with each kid and time to make it to the window to jump before he was back home. I don't doubt a bit it was premeditated. She was also recieving treatment 5 days a week for both "disorders" so they didn't see her fit to go into a ward. If she was already in such a bad state, I don't see any reason why she was left alone with them in the first place. I understand that those two medical terms will be used to summarize what happened but nobody is even sure if that is the case, yet.

wiggins

Forum Veteran
It explains her manic episodes yes, but not murdering her children. No disorder will physically force you to do things like this. Will it make you think about it? Absolutely. But it takes willpower and dedication to strangle three children to death or to go out and shoot up a school or theatre or to drive through a crowd of people, really any act of murder. She had a time window to do it in and she knew that. She knew her husband wouldn't be back for a little bit and that gave her a few minutes with each kid and time to make it to the window to jump before he was back home. I don't doubt a bit it was premeditated. She was also recieving treatment 5 days a week for both "disorders" so they didn't see her fit to go into a ward. If she was already in such a bad state, I don't see any reason why she was left alone with them in the first place. I understand that those two medical terms will be used to summarize what happened but nobody is even sure if that is the case, yet.
Command hallucinations will do exactly that. They are common symptoms of psychosis for some people. Will power does not come into the equation. Check out the DSM 4. or 5 for symptoms such as command hallucinations. I've had patients who tear their own eyes out.

These command hallucinations cannot be ignored. They are over powering.

CowDozer

Rookie
Command hallucinations will do exactly that. They are common symptoms of psychosis for some people. Will power does not come into the equation. Check out the DSM 4. or 5 for symptoms such as command hallucinations. I've had patients who tear their own eyes out.

These command hallucinations cannot be ignored. They are over powering.
Thats new to me, didn't realize PPP had hallucinations as a symptom. I learned that today. But she had suffered it for nearly 7 months. Why in the hell was she not put on a psych hold? She was a midwife for fuck sake. She knew the signs. Did she just let it get that bad or did the health system fail another person (and her children)?

Just caught up on this case and now I'm getting Susan Smith flashbacks except Lindsay is hotter than that wretched cunt.
Not sure who Susan is šŸ¤£

SPHINCTERPUNCH

THE SPHINCTER PUNCHER!

I would hv to agree with this statement! This is Fkd-Up!!! Her condition had to B known! So WTF was the Father doing leaving Her Alone period? Let alone with their Children??? R We getting the "Full Story?" This is surely to unfold b4 Society! She Should've been in the Fkn Hospital!!!
šŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬...SP

CowDozer

Rookie
I would hv to agree with this statement! This is Fkd-Up!!! Her condition had to B known! So WTF was the Father doing leaving Her Alone period? Let alone with their Children??? R We getting the "Full Story?" This is surely to unfold b4 Society! She Should've been in the Fkn Hospital!!!
šŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬...SP
She's there now, but now's a little too late. Ya think?

SPHINCTERPUNCH

THE SPHINCTER PUNCHER!
She's there now, but now's a little too late. Ya think?
Ya No Doubt! Fuck it! Blow the Bitch away!!! Just a Fkn Draw on Society now! U can NVR trust her again!!!
MOSSBERG THERAPY!!! There's Your Answer!!! BOOMSšŸ’„THE WORD!!
šŸ¤˜šŸ¤ŸšŸ¤™...SP
Screenshot_20220812-052913_Google.jpg

Pestilent1

Well Known Member
Doesn't take willpower or determination if you're under deep psychosis. As soon as you said post partem depression and psychosis, that was literally your answer right there.

CowDozer

Rookie
Doesn't take willpower or determination if you're under deep psychosis. As soon as you said post partem depression and psychosis, that was literally your answer right there.
Are we backing her by saying we know this is what happened? That's just a broad narrative of what they are saying happened. There's no definitive answer to it, yet. If so, why didn't she seek additional help before it got to this extreme? Again, she's been a widwife for several years and knows the symptoms and knew she was diagnosed with it. So, why didn't she seek additional help and why was she left alone with three helpless children? There's a shit ton of unanswered questions to this case that nobody here will have an answer to. Everyone keeps screaming "PPD and PPP" not even knowing that or if she was in a hallucinating state or the severity of her case.

wiggins

Forum Veteran
Are we backing her by saying we know this is what happened? That's just a broad narrative of what they are saying happened. There's no definitive answer to it, yet. If so, why didn't she seek additional help before it got to this extreme? Again, she's been a widwife for several years and knows the symptoms and knew she was diagnosed with it. So, why didn't she seek additional help and why was she left alone with three helpless children? There's a shit ton of unanswered questions to this case that nobody here will have an answer to. Everyone keeps screaming "PPD and PPP" not even knowing that or if she was in a hallucinating state or the severity of her case.
Read up in the DSM. Its on line.

I have worked in mental health for years. Including in the lock up ward.

Psychosis is all you need for your answer.

Until further evidence comes in psychosis explains all the above. It's not taking her side, its explaining her behaviour.

Paranoia can also be part of psychosis. It makes you suspicious of others so you hide your ideas. There is a concept called 'insight'. Insight lets us know we are behaving badly.

If you lack insight then you no longer know how you are acting,

CowDozer

Rookie
Read up in the DSM. Its on line.

I have worked in mental health for years. Including in the lock up ward.

Psychosis is all you need for your answer.

Until further evidence comes in psychosis explains all the above. It's not taking her side, its explaining her behaviour.

Paranoia can also be part of psychosis. It makes you suspicious of others so you hide your ideas. There is a concept called 'insight'. Insight lets us know we are behaving badly.

If you lack insight then you no longer know how you are acting,
I'm going to look at that. It's interesting to me, really. That's why I'm so curious about. I, myself, can't fathom the thoughts so I question cases like this.

Reject

This user was banned

Itā€™s in America, itā€™s normal over therešŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

CowDozer

Rookie
Not our kids, not our business. A parent should have the legal right to terminate the life of their own children. You wouldn't put someome in prison for destroying a shed they built would you? It's the same concept.
You get the retard award :dog:

Itā€™s in America, itā€™s normal over therešŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
I can't disagree with that one bit, it's all fucked here šŸ˜‚

Pestilent1

Well Known Member
I'm going to look at that. It's interesting to me, really. That's why I'm so curious about. I, myself, can't fathom the thoughts so I question cases like this.
I think you're looking a bit too deep into this, maybe looking for something that's not there, maybe trying to exercise your "sleuth" ability but the answer is really right there.

CowDozer

Rookie
I think you're looking a bit too deep into this, maybe looking for something that's not there, maybe trying to exercise your "sleuth" ability but the answer is really right there.
I'm not excersizing anything, quite literally- as I'm sitting my fat ass in my office chair šŸ¤£ I'm just trying to understand some of it. My mind has never been in that state, and it won't be due to pregnancies. So, I'm just curious as to how other people look at it or even deal with it. That's kind of why I gave this thread the name that I gave it

Blood_Sport

Utter bastard
There was a girl named Louise at my primary school, someone came to the school to collect her, we saw her screaming and crying her eyes out... During that day her mother flipped out and killed the younger brother ( he was about 4 years old from memory ) I can't remember how she killed him, or if she killed him in the house, but his body was recovered from the cesspit located behind the gardens. I can't remember what happened to the mother ( it was about 1977-78 ) but I remember cycling to visit a mate a few years later I'm the summer and the dad was doing maintenance to the outside to keep it looking nice to sell.. it took a few years before I saw new people living there..

the house with the yellow door...

My uncle lived in the first brick house by the phone box
3214915_009c73d3.jpg

Pestilent1

Well Known Member
I'm not excersizing anything, quite literally- as I'm sitting my fat ass in my office chair šŸ¤£ I'm just trying to understand some of it. My mind has never been in that state, and it won't be due to pregnancies. So, I'm just curious as to how other people look at it or even deal with it. That's kind of why I gave this thread the name that I gave it
Well, you don't have to be pregnant to be under psychosis, that's only the post partem part. But I've seen some people do crazy shit under that state of mind, some shit you would never think they would be willing or able to do, couple that with depression, especially post partem and that's nasty. Anything to do with post partem is typically worse because of hormonal imbalance then coupled with mental imbalances. It's a shitty thing.

Back