Why do you people watch gore? Q&A for Goregrish regulars (It's for an assignment...) (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

TalgoOfArabia88

Vagabond
This user was banned
1-non of your business
2-non of your business
3-non of your business .... It feels like that journalist who wanted to investigate the place.

philistine666

‏‏‎
1. Late High School - University, before that i watched some stuff on other peoples phones
2. Curiosity, but i also wanted to see how much i could shock myself. Now it's just morbid curiosity
3. An Asian woman crushing a little bunny

JoyFree

Confused
1. I started watching gore when I was about 13-14. I was a stupid kid who wanted to seem like I could handle gore. Well, it's made me rather desensitized to the disgust. It's normal for me now.

2. There are some good ass things out there. It excites me, not in a sexual way. It's just so interesting. Especially self-harm. I have had a lot of issues with it, and because I can't do it anymore, the next best thing is watching others for the satisfaction of seeing the wound.

3. Suicides always makes my gut twist. But not enough to where I can't see them. Except for one, a girl went to hang herself, and at the last second it's clear she doesn't want to die anymore. She tries to get her feet back onto the edge of the desk, but just can't. You can see the terror on her face. It just made me wonder if it's always like that. Making the move to die, and instantly regretting it.

Egirl

Girls love tits too✨
This user was banned
I’ll answer because I’m waiting for my knock out meds

1) I think aged 13 (2015)
2) half of it is wishing it was me (masochist) and the other half is to make me giggle
3) any animal abuse- I just can’t do it, humans any type any size is fine but animals don’t deserve it

JohnnyRage

Well Known Member
1) since I was 13 (grade8)... some kid on my hockey team told me about this website called show no mercy.

2) I started watching it because it gave me a rush. But I don’t get that rush anymore. So I usually watch it when I’m depressed because there’s a part of me that likes seeing humans die. Sometimes I fantasize about dying and other times I just like seeing people be exterminated. Sounds fucked up? Well that’s life

3) stuff from faces of death use to freak me out. I saw a man murder a woman in cold blood on camera and it shocked me. I was 15 at the time. In most recent memory, the New Zealand mosque shooting gave me a rush. I felt bad for those people.

DIVISION77

First, Last & Always
1. When did you start watching gore?
2. Why do you keep watching it?
3. Whats the worst thing you've seen/What scared you?

Probably around 2001 or so. This was the beginning of internet forums as we know them and gore sites were few. I was one of the original Ogrish.com members.

As time has gone on, I find people's behaviors more interesting and the gore itself is more of a byproduct of that. The impetus to watch gore now is mainly for pathological implications.

Nothing scared me, but I now realize how many sociopaths there are lurking among us. All it takes is a trigger.

Cyclepath

I love lamp
Early 2000s, because the consequences of committing the acts of violence and publicizing them are inconvenient, and fat chicks.

Scarface730

Certified Headstomper
I started when I got extremely depressed and eventually so mad i wanted to kill everyone around me. I watched beatings and gore to put myself in their shoes.

Nowadays I just do it to piss my friends off.

1. I always liked gore since I was young, mostly in the movies. But I started watching real gore such as bestgore, theync, heavy-r, etc. since Grade 11, around 15 I guess.

2. What keeps me watching is the fact that in real life, what’s the odds of seeing a man getting his head burst by a shotgun, a man getting beheaded, or a guy getting shredded to pieces by a truck? I enjoy watching gore because it answers my curiosity that how a human could die in may different ways or what does this do to that part of the body. Its just my curiosity.

3. The only thing I can never tolerate or will never watch is the killing of animals just for fun. This actually made me hate mankind to a certain point just because we satisfy ourselves by hurting other innocent animals that doesnt even know the meaning of selfish.

Hope this helps.

RaptureWolf

Lurker
Hey guys, I'm doing an assignment about Violence and Gore on the internet so I was wondering if you guys could answer some questions. (This may seem a bit boring but it's very interesting to see why people watch violence and gore)

1. I started when i was around 8 or 9 I believe. I didn't watch a lot to start with but I gradually got more and more active and into as I got older.

2. I keep watching because I enjoy. I enjoy watching people's misfortune and sorrow. From simple gorey accidents all the way to death in all shapes and forms. I love it all and I will continue to do so.

3. The worst thing I've seen is a video of a man gouging his own eyes out. While I quite enjoyed it, it paled in comparison to simple murders and accidents. What stood out the most for me was the fact that instead of screaming in pain, the man was simply in shock from the pain and couldn't utter a single sound.

I hope this helps your assignment.

Crusty Santa

Unpaid Elf Labor
This user was banned
It's a laugh. Everyone is a desensitized to violence, me more so. Started off because I was a sadistic little prick but I do it now because I see the humour in it all.

DerWilderer

~Sanity is for the weak~
1) With 16, about the time of the Columbine Highschool Shooting. Saw some aftermath pictures. Got me into the scene. Also checked suicide memorial pages of beautiful girls back then. Even beauty must die. Some kind of relieving...
2) I'm curious about the different faces of death. We will all end dead sooner or later, in different ways.
3) 12 years old girl hanging herself after a miserable and troubled life in a toxic environment.

Oh, does anyone remember LeatherApron of old Ogrish? ;)

1Stinkbean

Niggardly
I can’t stand some somber looking talking head on my tv news repeating the phrase, “The video is too graphic to show you...”. I’m an adult, I’ll decide what’s “too graphic” for me, don’t need some idiot nanny riding on his high horse deciding for me.
I remember my cherry pop: seeing a little girl on Rotten that had been mauled by a pit bull in 1996. I was shocked. But also I learned the extent of the damage a pit can inflict. Heard about it before many times, but now I could, for lack of a better phrase, put a face to a name. Gore isn’t the attraction for me, it’s the reality of our world. Everyone dies. At this point I see it as a tool, a source wisdom in a sense to prolong my own existence: it can teach you where to be cautious, to learn from other’s mistakes, where not to travel or vacation, etc. it can be a stark reminder for situational awareness, to keep your shit straight and have enough common sense to see the signs of impending doom.
But it can also be fun, and funny. Those who know understand why. It’d be kinda like trying to explain to your grandma why Pedobear is funny.
If your “assignment” was due before you had a chance to include my response then I hope you got an F-, peckerhead.

Abc657

NewbieX
Hey guys, I'm doing an assignment about Violence and Gore on the internet so I was wondering if you guys could answer some questions. (This may seem a bit boring but it's very interesting to see why people watch violence and gore)
The comments are goldeenn. Sometimes. The videos make me feel sad and sick so I don't really here for that.

Back