Yaz, Yasmin pills linked to 23 death in Canada (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

zombiegirl

Forum Veteran
Two of the most popular types of birth control pills have been linked to the deaths of at least 23
Canadian women, according to CBC News.

More than half of the women who died were under the age of 26, documents from Health

Canada obtained by CBC revealed. The youngest was just 14 years old.

Many of them died from blood clots, a health risk associated with Yaz and Yasmin, CBC reported. A number passed on weeks after starting the pill.

Medicial professionals reported 600 adverse reactions to Yaz and Yasmin between 2007 and Feb. 2013, including the 23 deaths.
An estimated three in 10,000 women taking “new-generation” birth control pills like Yaz and Yasmin will develop blood clots, compared to the one in 10,000 risk for women taking the older-generation contraceptives, Health Canada said.
The birth control pills in question are both made by Bayer, and contain the synthetic progestin drospirenone.
The company has stated that it stands by its products.
“Based on a thorough assessment of the available scientific data by regulatory authorities, outside independent experts and Bayer scientists, Yaz and Yasmin are safe, effective and have a favorable benefit-risk profile when used as directed in the Health Canada-approved product monograph," Bayer told the Vancouver Sun.

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/yaz-yasmin-birth-control-pills-linked-23-deaths-canada-article-1.1370853

Barry McCockinner

Forum Veteran
I'm probably safe. I quit taking that years ago - it doesn't work. The girls all got pregnant anyway.

I followed the directions. I just don't know what happened.

Cranky247

Fresh Meat
I'm probably safe. I quit taking that years ago - it doesn't work. The girls all got pregnant anyway.

I followed the directions. I just don't know what happened.

Ha! I was reading it all serious too...didn't even look at who posted the comment. Damn it...time to clean tea off the monitor again. :whoa:

Here in the states...at least in my area, we are inundated with commercials from lawyers about this product. Hell...were inundated by commercials from lawyers about just about everything here. I must live in the most sue demo in the US. Thank God I don't need this stuff any more. The hubby was neutered several years ago.

Back