bizarre A 19 years old homeless drug addict shows the state of his body. (4 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

lovestruck

Forum Veteran
If they had kicked out self-righteous thieves and their christian counterparts out of law decisions cocaine and heroin would be legal and we wouldn't be having the walking dead roaming around getting their fix off of cheap and dangerous substitutes

Flatus Tube

I have counted to infinity, twice.
Hardcore substance addicts, particularly IV users, have almost exclusively been horrifically abused as children. Often a combination of physical (inc sexual) and emotional abuse combined with neglect. This situation leads to a huge amount of unhealthy shame, which in turn creates a detachment from ‘the self’ and huge amounts of ‘pain’ that the person tries desperately to ease. If something such as a drug works, it gets used more, and in the traumatised brain the neurology of addiction develops.

Active addiction to anything re-wires the primitive survival instincts, placing the ‘addiction’ in the top spot above all other survival impulses (hunger, thirst, sex etc). Cravings stem from this. The easiest way to understand cravings is to imagine yourself dying of dehydration, and how would your brain think about water just before death?

The addiction process also disrupts connections to the frontal lobe leading to extreme difficulty making rational conscious decisions. Explained here (clip from an amazing educational film Pleasure Unwoven)…

As well as the extensive professional experience I have had with addicts, as many here know I am a recovering addict myself. I hit my 3 years sober mark 2 days ago. Opiates and alcohol were my ‘rock bottom’ landing me in rehab for 6 weeks. I’m grateful for all the experience this gave me as I learned the relevant things to become the happiest person I’ve ever been, a better husband, father and doctor. I also know what craving are like, they are genuine torture, and lead addicts to do ‘insane’ things to try and stop them.

Last edited:

White8is8Right

This user was banned
Was that a black man getting emotional because it has feelings and felt bad for another living being? Jesus Christ on a fuckin popsicle stick I might be a little less racist for today.

Soppy_Cow

I'm one soppy cow!
Shooting up and lancing an abscess in a public restroom 🤮

As terrible as addiction is, all I could think about when watching the guy drain his abscess., was the poor cleaner that was possibly faced with cleaning it up.

Mind you, he could have cleaned it up himself.

Grand Mal Caesar

1984+Idiocracy=Reality
Your right everyone different, I know addicts that are not dirty and live kinda a normal life, but rare tho but still you need your hands and legs so you can still go get your drugs and use them lol lose them and it's basically quitting
That's not at all rare. Most addicts are functional before they are not. Some can remain functional for years or throughout their entire lives. You probably know more addicts than you think you do.

Back