CDC Confirms First Case of Ebola in the United States (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

D.N.R.

Medication time
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/.../cdc-confirms-first-case-of-ebola-in-the-u-s/
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has confirmed the first case of Ebola that's been diagnosed in the United States.

"An individual traveling from Liberia has been diagnosed with Ebola in the United States," Thomas Frieden, director of the CDC, said in a conference call Tuesday afternoon.

This person left Liberia on Sept. 19 and arrived in the U.S. the following day. The person had no symptoms when they arrived, but began developing symptoms several days after arriving in the United States.

"The bottom line here is that I have no doubt that we will control this importation, or this case of Ebola, so that it does not spread widely in this country," he said. "It is certainly possible that someone who had contact with this individual could develop Ebola in the coming weeks. But there is no doubt in my mind that we will stop it here."

Health officials are going to work to identify everyone who may have been exposed to this patient, Frieden said. They will be watched for three weeks to see if any symptoms emerge.

"Remember, Ebola does not spread from someone who's not infectious," Frieden said. "It does not spread from someone who does not have a fever or other symptoms."

David Lakey, head of the Texas Department of Health Services, said during the same call the state's laboratory in Austin, Tex., was certified last month to do Ebola testing. That laboratory received a blood sample from the patient on Tuesday morning and confirmed it was Ebola shortly after 1 p.m., he said.

Health officials speaking on Tuesday repeatedly stressed that Ebola does not spread easily.

"Ebola is not transmitted by the air," Edward Goodman, the hospital epidemiologist at Texas Health Presybterian Hospital Dallas, said during the call. "It is not an airborne infection."

bavoider

Substance User
Captain Trips has arrived!

BookCoverTheStandCaptainTrips.jpg

ScHoLaR oF SMuT

Forum Veteran
this selfish idiot bring back disease should be have good hard beating and leave die in t he VIP lounge of the airport,
never being allowed enter city limits and mingle with the clean undiseased populace!!!
*this is how should be treated him and his free traveller miles loving damn toxic eboli warts

snatch

Avidly prowling for spoil
settle down Farmville; ebola aint shit. when the birds bring their brand of funny; then the real dying will begin. til then, eat, drink and try to fly

Cheesy Lice

Calm Your Tits
Hmmm. Do I dare comment? Apparently I cannot, press releases are the only info made for public. Yet, I will say, unclassified, that Americans need and should be "Aware and conscious of the threat" as well as taking countermeasures.

As an American, my advice to you would be to absolutely be informed of disease confirmations, area and secondary exposure. "There is no need to panic". Yet, honestly, you should panic. Study evolution and transmission! If you want to keep your family indoors, you have the complete right to do so. "I am not telling anyone to act against government orders or instructions."
There. Good luck.

Back