Insurgent with .50 cal through the chest and head - Afghanistan (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

McM

ARSELING
50 BMG back row left to right: Mk211 Raufoss Multipurpose Round, SPOTTER round, "Silver tip" Armor Piercing Incendiary, "Blue tip" Incendiary, "Black tip" Armor Piercing, "SLAP-T" Tracer SLAP, "SLAP", "Red tip" Tracer, Ball.

.223 front row left to right: "Green tip" Ball, "Red tip" Tracer, "Blue tip" Incendiary, "Black tip" Armor Piercing,

.500 S&W Magnum.

50BMG_Rounds.jpg

max_gain

Dedicated GORE poster.
Short Bussed
50 BMG back row left to right: Mk211 Raufoss Multipurpose Round, SPOTTER round, "Silver tip" Armor Piercing Incendiary, "Blue tip" Incendiary, "Black tip" Armor Piercing, "SLAP-T" Tracer SLAP, "SLAP", "Red tip" Tracer, Ball.

.223 front row left to right: "Green tip" Ball, "Red tip" Tracer, "Blue tip" Incendiary, "Black tip" Armor Piercing,

.500 S&W Magnum.

View attachment 137618

Holy shit Murph, I am getting a boner just looking at all that ammo.

Really cool mate, as I didn't realize they came in so many different flavors.

And as for those 50's at the back. I really wouldn't want to be in the sights with a cross hair honed on me with it packing those bad boys,s.

Mr_Blonde

Banned
Short Bussed
Not to be skeptical but, sure that was a .50 cal? A shot from a 5.56 inside 150-200m will leave the same signature.

Reason being most .50 cal signatures look something like this at the very least.34d0904c8de4c0_full.jpg calibre50.png7.png
There is so much energy in a m107. I cant find the video -- but, there was a vid on a US sniper killing two latte-snackbars with one round. The round punched through a concrete cinder-block wall and took out both snackbars behind the wall all at the distance of something like 1k away. One of the most righteous shots in US Military history.

MrEz

Cynical Member
Not to be skeptical but, sure that was a .50 cal? A shot from a 5.56 inside 150-200m will leave the same signature.

Reason being most .50 cal signatures look something like this at the very least.View attachment 137924 View attachment 137925
There is so much energy in a m107. I cant find the video -- but, there was a vid on a US sniper killing two latte-snackbars with one round. The round punched through a concrete cinder-block wall and took out both snackbars behind the wall all at the distance of something like 1k away. One of the most righteous shots in US Military history.

I am not sure, as I did not see it with my own eyes. But I would say that a 5.56 wont shatter and nearly tear the are arm off from a shot to the chest . A 5.56 will barely make a hole in the clothes, and looking at the size of the hole in his chest it doesn't look like a 5.56 NATO made it.
These guys drive LAV III's with mounted heavy machine guns equipped with optical sights and recoil dampers, spitting out 800 12.7mm bullets per minute. They have an effective range over 1500 meters. I was told he was shot using that and looking at the pictures that is also what I would conclude. :)

Having a healthy scepticism is a good thing. :)

Damo0666™️

Master Baiter..... 🎣🎣🎣
Ive always wondered what a .50 cal would do to someones head, now thanks to you i know, i always imagined it would blow the head compleatly off, suppose it depends on the type of ammo

Mr_Blonde

Banned
Short Bussed
I am not sure, as I did not see it with my own eyes. But I would say that a 5.56 wont shatter and nearly tear the are arm off from a shot to the chest . A 5.56 will barely make a hole in the clothes, and looking at the size of the hole in his chest it doesn't look like a 5.56 NATO made it.
These guys drive LAV III's with mounted heavy machine guns equipped with optical sights and recoil dampers, spitting out 800 12.7mm bullets per minute. They have an effective range over 1500 meters. I was told he was shot using that and looking at the pictures that is also what I would conclude. :)

Having a healthy scepticism is a good thing. :)

What you are seeing, both chest and head-shot are exit wounds.

Multiply the product of the weight of the projectile (in grains) times the square of the velocity and divide that number by 450240. That last number is a constant created by multiplying two times the acceleration of gravity by 7,000 - the number of grains in a pound. The number I am using for the acceleration of gravity is 32.16 f.p.s. That number is obsolete, but the number that replaces it, 32.174 feet per second (f.p.s.) below the 50th latitude, does not change the energy calculation significantly. (http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537/thread/1187319107/Ballistic+-'s+for+you+ballistic+gurus)
The problem above looks like this when written in mathematical notation:
660 grain bullet at 2799 ft/sec

660 x 2799 x 2799 /450240
The 50BMG produces 11484.33 ft/pounds of energy.
15570.45 joules of energy or 14.758 BTUs

The NATO 5.56
Produces (thanks to Wiki.)
4 g (62 gr) SS109 FMJBT 940 m/s (3,100 ft/s) 1,767 J (1,303 ft·lbf)
4.1 g (63 gr) DM11 FMJBT 936 m/s (3,070 ft/s) 1,796 J (1,325 ft·lbf)
4.1 g (63 gr) GP 90 FMJBT 905 m/s (2,970 ft/s) 1,679 J (1,238 ft·lb)
The Maxillary sinus which is pretty large and right behind the face is a very weak structure of the face. Notice that the frontal sinus is also blown out. (right between eyes and center of forehead) Nice bit o' skull by the left wrist of the snackbar. :)

If he said it was a 50 sniper then it was a 50. But they also make 223 miniguns and SAW weapons which are mounted on APC's because anything over .30 cal MG cannot be used directly against personnel. Dude in a truck ok. Dude on foot --UN violation. Or that's how it was briefed to me when rotating into country. But the UN likes the UK so they may lax the rules for our limey friends.

Last edited:

Pixiedust

Serial Killer has been made.....
I really dont agree with war of anykind, but all I can say is gnarly hole.....no doubt about it......great pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back