Irish war of independence (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Irishrepublic

đź–•
The bodies of brothers Pat and Harry Loughnane who were brutally murdered by the Royal Irish Constabulary in November 1920.

They were arrested while working on their farm and tortured for days before they were eventually killed and their bodies burned.

They were chained to the back of a lorry and dragged along for miles and apparently 'IV' - Irish Volunteers' were sliced onto their bodies before grenades were forced into their mouths. Their bodies were then thrown into a field and doused in petrol and set on fire. They were discovered a week later. Their sister only recognised one of their bodies just by Harry's chin

Attachments

• Harry-Pat-Loughnane-card.jpg
    Harry-Pat-Loughnane-card.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 291
  • remains-of-Harry-Loughnane.jpg
    remains-of-Harry-Loughnane.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 289
  • Remains-of-Pat-Loughnane.jpg
    Remains-of-Pat-Loughnane.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 292

Nihilianth

Forum Veteran
Well, that sucks.

Interesting information, though. As an amateur historian, I had never heard of this particular small chapter. I appreciate this post. Thank you.

wiggins

Forum Veteran
The bodies of brothers Pat and Harry Loughnane who were brutally murdered by the Royal Irish Constabulary in November 1920.

They were arrested while working on their farm and tortured for days before they were eventually killed and their bodies burned.

They were chained to the back of a lorry and dragged along for miles and apparently 'IV' - Irish Volunteers' were sliced onto their bodies before grenades were forced into their mouths. Their bodies were then thrown into a field and doused in petrol and set on fire. They were discovered a week later. Their sister only recognised one of their bodies just by Harry's chin
"Now come with me you rebellious little paddy fuck..."

1691444588672.png

Irishrepublic

đź–•
Well, that sucks.

Interesting information, though. As an amateur historian, I had never heard of this particular small chapter. I appreciate this post. Thank you.
Just one of numerous war crimes committed in Ireland by the British. Although the civil war was worse because war crimes were committed by the Irish free state army against the Irish Republican Army

Nihilianth

Forum Veteran
Just one of numerous war crimes committed in Ireland by the British. Although the civil war was worse because war crimes were committed by the Irish free state army against the Irish Republican Army
Yeah, I never really touched too much on the IRA stuff. Definitely would have morally supported the independence of Ireland, if that's what they want. I'd like to see Northern Ireland be repatriated with Ireland someday (mostly to reduce the "border gore," a term used in the Paradox Interactive commutlnity to describe ugly borders lol), and especially now that everyone knows how silly religious strife between Catholic and Protestant is. Religion in general is extremely silly, but killing each other over it is the height of retardation.

Back