Sonny Barger dead at 83 (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

LjDes

Deviant
RIP
R (1).jpeg

SPHINCTERPUNCH

THE SPHINCTER PUNCHER!
Hells Angels founder Sonny Barger has died after a short battle with cancer.

Hell's Angel founder Sonny Barger dead of cancer at 83

An absolute fucking legend, I am honored to have been able to meet you, godspeed brother RIP.

GODDAM EH? We've all got a # Peeps! No matter how Tuff/Bad/Good U are or were! We've all got a Date with the "SLAB MAN" And we're all gonna get the Infamous Baseball Stiched "Y" Incision!!!
Oh Ya Baby!!! šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£...SP

McM

ARSELING
83 is a damn good age for a life full of rock'n'roll.
He wasn't poor either, I think. Alone the rights of his books, etc.
I remember we had old editions of the American biker magazine 'Easy Riders' lying around in our 'clubhouse' in the '70s. There I read the first time about the HA, how members were in prison in Walla Walla and could keep their bikes for a ride around the yard every now and then.
I liked the mag and was totally astonished they had advertised for speed and 'love pills' always on the backside of the cover. And a wooden thing for smoking a blunt while riding they had to sell as well. :lol:

Mickey Swaggart

Magical Motherfucker
This user was banned
I've read his audio biography Hell's Angel: The Life and Times of Sonny Barger and the Hell's Angels Motorcycle Club, and his book Let's Ride: Sonny Barger's Guide to Motorcycling.

If nothing else he was an Intriguing, polarizing, individual who leaves behind a legacy of American culture that is equally provocative and contrasting.

Vwj

NewbieX
He rides a road that don't have no end
An open highway without any bends
Tramp and his stallion, alone in a dream
Proud in his colours, as the chromium gleams
On iron horse he flies
On iron horse he gladly dies
Iron horse's his wife, iron horse's his life
He lives his life, he's living it fast
Don't try to hide when the dice have been cast
He rides a whirlwind that cuts to the bone
Loaded forever, ferociously stoned
On iron horse he flies
Yeah, slide it to me
One day, one day, gonna go for the sun
Together they'll fly on the eternal run
Wasted forever on speed bikes and booze
Yeah, us and the brothers, say "we're all born to lose"
On iron horse he flies

redninja

Rookie
I was stunned when I read his autobiography, when he wrote that he wasn't particularly a fan of Harley Davidsons but they were all they had available at the time; if I remember half-rightly he said that something like a Honda Pan European would have been way better for the Angels! Hell of a character

Stoned.toilet.clogger

Where's my cake Bedelia....
83 is a damn good age for a life full of rock'n'roll.
He wasn't poor either, I think. Alone the rights of his books, etc.
I remember we had old editions of the American biker magazine 'Easy Riders' lying around in our 'clubhouse' in the '70s. There I read the first time about the HA, how members were in prison in Walla Walla and could keep their bikes for a ride around the yard every now and then.
I liked the mag and was totally astonished they had advertised for speed and 'love pills' always on the backside of the cover. And a wooden thing for smoking a blunt while riding they had to sell as well. :lol:
Not too many hells angels could be considered "poor". Ha

14ZombiE88

The one you were warned about.
I was stunned when I read his autobiography, when he wrote that he wasn't particularly a fan of Harley Davidsons but they were all they had available at the time; if I remember half-rightly he said that something like a Honda Pan European would have been way better for the Angels! Hell of a character
Yea it is a really good read, here is another interview he gave talking about it, broken down by another 1%er.

redninja

Rookie
Yea it is a really good read, here is another interview he gave talking about it, broken down by another 1%er.

Interesting stuff. I've been riding Japanese sportsbikes for 25+ years, but I could never for the life of me understand why anyone would want one of the (many) Jap Harley knock-offs; some even going as far as to copy the pushrod designs that they had themselves surpassed in engineering terms decades before. If you want a Harley just get a Harley (and accept it won't be as well engineered), not a soulless, slavish clone

Vwj

NewbieX
Interesting stuff. I've been riding Japanese sportsbikes for 25+ years, but I could never for the life of me understand why anyone would want one of the (many) Jap Harley knock-offs; some even going as far as to copy the pushrod designs that they had themselves surpassed in engineering terms decades before. If you want a Harley just get a Harley (and accept it won't be as well engineered), not a soulless, slavish clone
V-max ftw

redninja

Rookie
Vmaxes are great.... never saw them as a Harley knockoff, way too radical and different (and about three times the power...!) Only ever rode one of the original V-boosts which were nuts, especially on the skinny back tyre
V4 bikes are awesome, I have a Magna as well as a Harley.

I never understood why he didn't get behind Indian, who is currently the oldest American motorcycle brand.
I'd agree with that, there's something about Indian - a real sense of character (surprised the woke mob haven't come for the name yet). I've toyed with getting a V4 Aprilia Tuono, nigh on 200bhp and no fairing seems an odd mix to me though

Vwj

NewbieX
Indians are poorly made, I knew a guy with a dealership and had to drop it as it was costing too much to fix under warranty, he had a brand new one with bent forks from factory, how the hell does that happen

Back