World War Facial Injuries (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Sulphur

Taker of Souls
Google translate:

"QUEEN'S HOSPITAL WAS A BEAUTY CARE CENTER FOR THE WORLD WAR WHERE THE WOUNDED IN COMBAT WOUNDED STRAIN IN THE FACE ESPECIALLY IN THE JAW

AT THAT TIME THE COSMETIC SURGERY AND SURGERY IN GENERAL WAS NOT DEVELOPED AND EVEN AFTER THE DISCOVERY AND THANKS MICROSCOPE ACA FULL SUIT THEM SOME PICTURES OF THE RESULTS OF THESE SURGERIES"

Basically these guys got fucked up and because of the lack of knowledge of reconstruction/plastic surgery these unfortunate fellows lived the rest of their lives disfigured.

A couple of these remind me of leather face from the Texas chainsaw massacre.

27a9fdeb4e3c.jpeg
43def0ed98bb.jpeg
928590adf00b.jpeg
4af385380f6a.jpeg
c9d48c826fe4.jpeg
db1d8c58090a.jpeg
10c76d276bf2.jpeg
858b3e0ebd68.jpeg
0ffc22657f17.jpeg
6b4f8c92efba.jpeg
8e5fe10320af.jpeg
68b65211ca5e.jpeg
031e732e2820.jpeg
ae65747b6cb3.jpeg
26d4828f0b73.jpeg
0d348de47434.jpeg
cd814179caf0.jpeg
b76154991f43.jpeg

Béla Kiss

Always, never, and forget about it.
That was my first thought on looking at some of these: Dead skin mask. Also, what injury causes the tentacle looking things on pic 1, 5, 9, 14, 15 and 18? Bizarre. Very sad for these poor fellows.

Sulphur

Taker of Souls
I'm not sure Béla I've been trying to find out more about it but not coming up with anything. I think the tentacle looking things may be melted skin from burns.

That was my first thought on looking at some of these: Dead skin mask. Also, what injury causes the tentacle looking things on pic 1, 5, 9, 14, 15 and 18? Bizarre. Very sad for these poor fellows.

Béla Kiss

Always, never, and forget about it.
I'm not sure Béla I've been trying to find out more about it but not coming up with anything. I think the tentacle looking things may be melted skin from burns.
Melting makes sense actually, thanks for your input.

1, 5 and 10 look like the same guy to me, only in different stages of botched surgery. Front teeth resemble Chiclets. Nice pics Sulphur.

DeadZone

Don't let fear decide your fate
Looks like these guys were guinea pigs for what, at the time, was a new era of medical science in plastic surgery and facial reconstruction, one that today sadly is afforded to vain self obsessed people who want to do what celebrities do more than it is to people who have suffered severe disfigurement in battle like these poor guys did.

I would assume they led very reclusive lives afterwards and it wouldn't surprise me if there were suicides amongst them, very, very sad.

Boxersam101

NewbieX
I believe it was a medical procedure similar to the one used in the television show "The Knick" in the early 1900's. They'd basically use the excess skin around your bicep/tricep area and sew it to your face while keeping your arms strapped up until they could cut it loose and sew the rest on.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 65
Back