WTF kinda fashion show is this?! (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Dolly

Uppity cunt
Its the Spring 2022 Viktor and Rolf Collection, from Paris fashion week in jan.
Dutch designers who obviously want women back in shoulder pads and power suits from the 80s.

Don't worry, it won't be a thing.
More like high-concept art.
But ffs I don't get this one either
Correct, theres no need to get it, its Haute couture, and the outfits that will be for sale will be the same as the ones modelled but without the corsets/frames. They themed this collection on old scary B movies, Frankenstein , Dracula etc for a show, and quite a memorable one. OP is from a third world country so doesn't understand much about fashion, art, and such things.

DeathMetalWife

💚💚💚💚💚💚💚

Correct, theres no need to get it, its Haute couture, and the outfits that will be for sale will be the same as the ones modelled but without the corsets/frames. They themed this collection on old scary B movies, Frankenstein , Dracula etc for a show, and quite a memorable one. OP is from a third world country so doesn't understand much about fashion, art, and such things.
Are u sure it's haute couture? It could be a fashion show for the less fortunate, participation reserved exclusively for models that have all lost their C2 through C7 vertebrae in a terrible accident

Totentanz

Lurking Lurker
Exactly Dolly! Didn't think it would make alot of sense to OP if I explained that these are all custom made when ordered and the under cage is to make it stand out from all the other conceptualized collections on display

Maybe if they brought back some of the always aesthetically pleasing cuts from the past that look good no matter the current era

I wanna see 1920s Cocoon coats and Daisy Buchanan posh flapper dresses.
Give me 1940s and 50s one piece bathing suits
1950s and 60s dresses with the classic full skirt that need crinolines.
1960s tapestry swing coats (God I love mine and its around 60 years old) and close fitted wiggle skirts
1970s super wide leg denim pants with a high waist (give this a year or two to be Everywhere)
1970s and 80s earrings so sparkly and huge it hurts!
1980s crimping of the hair with loud paint splatter oversized crop tops

And most awesome vintage unique eras of style end there...
Except for subgenres like Punk, Rockabilly, Goth, Emo that adopted aspects of all eras and made it their own...

But Then again I wear long layered skirts with bustle over skirts based off of orig Victorian patterns, so what do I know about current fast fashion??

Marmite

You either love or hate me ,you choose
Exactly Dolly! Didn't think it would make alot of sense to OP if I explained that these are all custom made when ordered and the under cage is to make it stand out from all the other conceptualized collections on display

Maybe if they brought back some of the always aesthetically pleasing cuts from the past that look good no matter the current era

1960s tapestry swing coats (God I love mine and its around 60 years old) and close fitted wiggle skirts
1970s super wide leg denim pants with a high waist (give this a year or two to be Everywhere)

Except for subgenres like Punk, Rockabilly, Goth, Emo that adopted aspects of all eras and made it their own...

But Then again I wear long layered skirts with bustle over skirts based off of orig Victorian patterns, so what do I know about current fast fashion??
Sound a classy lady tho
This is Gladstone small ex cricket player looks like someone hit him over the head with a bat

Attachments

• gladstone-small-banner.jpg
    gladstone-small-banner.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Dolly

Uppity cunt

Totally agree with your choices there, but dont forget the classic 50s tight wiggle dress. I have a fair few vintage pieces Ive collected over the years one of my faves is a 50s long baby blue silk evening dress tight waist, alter neck.. love it... I thought Viktor Rolf did an amazing show, but then again Im a huge fan of the old horror movies and thought they did a great job of replicating that creepy old style

Totentanz

Lurking Lurker
Totally agree with your choices there, but dont forget the classic 50s tight wiggle dress. I have a fair few vintage pieces Ive collected over the years one of my faves is a 50s long baby blue silk evening dress tight waist, alter neck.. love it... I thought Viktor Rolf did an amazing show, but then again Im a huge fan of the old horror movies and thought they did a great job of replicating that creepy old style

I'm glad you know the inspiration used of old horror movies, it makes the stylized execution easier to see with the references they used more obvious.

Its always wonderful to have a few special vintage pieces in ones arsenal. Your blue dress sounds like a wonderful, ageless piece- and a great find!
It can be so hard to get the bust, waist, and hip measurements on older garments just right, esp cause alteration can damage the delicate fabric.
But the classics Looked good then, now, and still will in 20+ years, esp if it has been cared for.
Vintage slips are still an everyday item for me. Newer ones don't have the delicate hems like they used to.

If you find well made things, they last SO much longer than most new things.
The internet has been good for making it easier to find fitting vintage clothing, but the prices have been increasing from people raiding what little thrift shops have for resell.

I'm still pissed they let trash like the Kardashian twat wear the ACTUAL Marilyn Monroe dress made for and only worn for the infamous "Happy Birthday" song for JFK... Just for kim To walk up the stairs at the Met.
She has a perfectly sized for herself replica she wore the rest of the night.
She probably stretched the old fabric and left skank smell and spray tan on it.
Guess I'm just worried it will start a trend of influencers demanding to wear protected historical museum clothing for the Instas

Dolly

Uppity cunt
@Totentanz Took a couple pics of my fave dress, its been hung on a hanger with the skirt part over the hanger bar hence the crumpling and needs dry cleaning , Hasnt been cleaned since last worn some 10 years ago...was found in a junk shop selling old furniture and tat, was only 5 quid
11 (2).jpg
a23.jpg
a44.jpg

Dr Jekyl

Rookie
Society gets more fucked by the day!!! Am I the only one feeling like they are living in the fucking twilight zone? I read today where an appeals court made the state of Idaho pay for some freaks sex change surgery! I think when it comes to this folks should stop paying taxes, and revolt like our forefathers did with the Boston Tea Party!!! This looks like some druid vampire bitch Elizabeth Bathory that killed all those young girls and bathed in their blood in her castle!!! Sickening!!!

Grand Mal Caesar

1984+Idiocracy=Reality
The looks on their faces says "Oh my God. I can't believe I'm wearing this retarded shit."
Society gets more fucked by the day!!! Am I the only one feeling like they are living in the fucking twilight zone? I read today where an appeals court made the state of Idaho pay for some freaks sex change surgery! I think when it comes to this folks should stop paying taxes, and revolt like our forefathers did with the Boston Tea Party!!! This looks like some druid vampire bitch Elizabeth Bathory that killed all those young girls and bathed in their blood in her castle!!! Sickening!!!
You're far from the only one feeling that way.

Back