WTF kinda fashion show is this?! (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

PinkE

Hypocrisy is the homage vice pays to virtue
Exactly Dolly! Didn't think it would make alot of sense to OP if I explained that these are all custom made when ordered and the under cage is to make it stand out from all the other conceptualized collections on display

Maybe if they brought back some of the always aesthetically pleasing cuts from the past that look good no matter the current era

I wanna see 1920s Cocoon coats and Daisy Buchanan posh flapper dresses.
Give me 1940s and 50s one piece bathing suits
1950s and 60s dresses with the classic full skirt that need crinolines.
1960s tapestry swing coats (God I love mine and its around 60 years old) and close fitted wiggle skirts
1970s super wide leg denim pants with a high waist (give this a year or two to be Everywhere)
1970s and 80s earrings so sparkly and huge it hurts!
1980s crimping of the hair with loud paint splatter oversized crop tops

And most awesome vintage unique eras of style end there...
Except for subgenres like Punk, Rockabilly, Goth, Emo that adopted aspects of all eras and made it their own...

But Then again I wear long layered skirts with bustle over skirts based off of orig Victorian patterns, so what do I know about current fast fashion??
I hate wearing scubs everyday. I wanna play dress up with you

DeathMetalWife

💚💚💚💚💚💚💚
Exactly Dolly! Didn't think it would make alot of sense to OP if I explained that these are all custom made when ordered and the under cage is to make it stand out from all the other conceptualized collections on display

Maybe if they brought back some of the always aesthetically pleasing cuts from the past that look good no matter the current era

I wanna see 1920s Cocoon coats and Daisy Buchanan posh flapper dresses.
Give me 1940s and 50s one piece bathing suits
1950s and 60s dresses with the classic full skirt that need crinolines.
1960s tapestry swing coats (God I love mine and its around 60 years old) and close fitted wiggle skirts
1970s super wide leg denim pants with a high waist (give this a year or two to be Everywhere)
1970s and 80s earrings so sparkly and huge it hurts!
1980s crimping of the hair with loud paint splatter oversized crop tops

And most awesome vintage unique eras of style end there...
Except for subgenres like Punk, Rockabilly, Goth, Emo that adopted aspects of all eras and made it their own...

But Then again I wear long layered skirts with bustle over skirts based off of orig Victorian patterns, so what do I know about current fast fashion??
Tbh I feel the highwaisted wide leg denim pants have been back a while, I wear those all the time. :D They go really well with a tucked in tight fitting tank top, crop tops, or tube tops. They look good with boots, regular sneakers, or even open toe shoes as well imo.
@Totentanz Took a couple pics of my fave dress, its been hung on a hanger with the skirt part over the hanger bar hence the crumpling and needs dry cleaning , Hasnt been cleaned since last worn some 10 years ago...was found in a junk shop selling old furniture and tat, was only 5 quid
View attachment 590294View attachment 590295View attachment 590296
Do you like older gunne sax style dresses too?

Gone crazy back soon

Farts in elevators
lur.gif

Dolly

Uppity cunt
Tbh I feel the highwaisted wide leg denim pants have been back a while, I wear those all the time. :D They go really well with a tucked in tight fitting tank top, crop tops, or tube tops. They look good with boots, regular sneakers, or even open toe shoes as well imo.

I had to look that up, Its very pretty but too Prarie for me , would make a great festival look tho with big biker boots

Totentanz

Lurking Lurker

Omg. I have a large collection of Chessa Davis long maxi skirts I've collected for over 20 years.
Used to be able to find them super cheap, my cousin and I both wore the fuck out of them.
I would pass ones I knew she would like over and she wore them literally to pieces.
Elastic waist, Roomy Patchwork skirts, many with huge double pockets in the front and back. They had Light Summer fabrics and Heavy winter fabrics.
They are more practical than Gunne Sax, but I've had a few of their dresses over the years as well.
My mother got married in a Gunne Sax. Solid Cream with lace elbows and long bell sleeves. Very romantic.

And yes the wide leg have been on the coasts for a while, but it usually takes several years for fashion to reach our Podunk area
I had to look that up, Its very pretty but too Prarie for me , would make a great festival look tho with big biker boots

Yea that Cottegecore revival look was brought back big during Pandemic.

And I must say that your blue dress is a dream!
The fabric is in wonderful condition and looks sturdy, the delicate beading and neckline are such a beautiful combo and the fullness of the skirt is a standout. I really love how the different strips of fabric are sewn together for the waist and bodice as this gives an extra slimming effect. Its how properly done blazers and fitted busts are made. Modern off the rack does not usually do this due to the extra time and trouble it takes to piece the top together with strips that lead down to the full skirt.
How is the stitching? Any unevenness in stitch frequency can point to hand done work.
Do you think this Was this a custom piece? Many 50s and 60s items still were
... A Damn good find!

I resell vintage and antique kimono (and my favourites are furisode kimono which feature long "swinging" sleeves) and am always going over items to see if they are silk, combined weave or polyester. Is it hand-dyed and what technique was used, shibori tie dye or an expert getting gradient shades just right on the silk?
I learn as much Japanese symbolism as possible so I can "read" each robe. Some are protecting symbols, others celebratory, others seasonal. Every flower and object MEANS something.
Most are all handstitched, from lining to shell to embroidery work. I go over all of these details before I sell them at the local Anime Store.
So I am always paying attention to small details and construction of garments.

Last edited:

dwdays

We Shoulda Picked Our Own Cotton.
I don’t have the funds for the amount of alcohol it would take to make that work.

Back