Yemen: Saudi-led Airstrikes (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Mental Puppy

Tudinem Mortem
Good quality pictures.
Bombs, rockets and board cannons against 'soft targets' left mostly unbeautiful corpses. Would like to know too, what's the reason of the death of these civilians. Bad aiming, collateral damage ot the usual 'kill 'em all' there ?

If you think about it its kinda like a terrorist attack against them, like a legal attack. You know I say kill the fuckers but if there's innocent people recalibrate the plan. Don't be what your trying to wipe out.

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
These next several sets are of mixed casualties that reportedly resulted from air-strikes by the Saudi-led coalition that is bombing Islamic extremists in Yemen.

The possible use of cluster bombs by the Saudis and coalition jets is being investigated by the UN.

First, let's take a look at cluster bombs and how they work.

Cluster bombs can be fired from a fighter jet, dropped by a helicopter or fired as a ground-based artillery ordnance.

These bombs have been banned by the UN but are still being used in places such as Yemen and Syria.

The bomb itself is often very large and at first glance looks like any other bomb. The exterior body of the 'bomb' is just a shell that houses an interior cylinder and any number of small munitions. When the bomb is deployed, it begins to spin and the outer shell casing breaks off. The secondary interior cylinder, to which the actual munitions are attached to, is free and spins downward. Before this cyclinder (not always a component of a cluster bomb) hits the ground/target a number of smaller munitions break free and float to the ground using small parachute-like devices.

A 1,000lb cluster bomb can contain upwards of 100 or more of these smaller munitions that, once deployed, rain down on a very large ground-area where they explode - usually on contact.

The following images may or may not show victims of cluster bombs.

Set 1.

cluster-bomb-illustration-1.jpg

cluster-bomb-illustration-2.jpg

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
Many of these images are of children who died in one airstrike or another.

Seeing so many dead children is not uncommon considering that many of the able-bodied men are probably not present at the strike site and possibly being with siblings, mothers/women, the elderly, are not able to escape the bombings.

Set 4.

yemini-casualties-saudi-led-coalition-11-Yemen-2015.jpg

yemini-casualties-saudi-led-coalition-12-Yemen-2015.jpg

yemini-casualties-saudi-led-coalition-13-Yemen-2015.jpg

yemini-casualties-saudi-led-coalition-14-Yemen-2015.jpg

yemini-casualties-saudi-led-coalition-15-Yemen-2015.jpg

McM

ARSELING
Exactly. They're kinda like the ol' Daisy Cutters and yes, the smaller munitions that rain down often don't explode and can stay there for years.

The last generation should disarm or destroy themselves after a certain time, but there's still a lot of older crap in use.
I don't know which kind of bombs this coalition is using, maybe I'll have a look later.

Mental Puppy

Tudinem Mortem
The UN investigating the use of cluster bombs, wow, I get it cluster bombs are devastating but their investigating the use of cluster bombs but they don't give a fuck about all the children killed. I mean it's inhumane killing that way use normal bombs to kill wtf?

McM

ARSELING
The UN investigating the use of cluster bombs, wow, I get it cluster bombs are devastating but their investigating the use of cluster bombs but they don't give a fuck about all the children killed. I mean it's inhumane killing that way use normal bombs to kill wtf?

Yes, the UN /Geneva Treaty regulations and investigations are quite idealistic or dewy-eyed at times. But they're the best we have.

Edit: There's even a Convention on Cluster Munitions
but no country from the middle east has signed it. (USA, Russia didn't as well)

Last edited:

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
The last generation should disarm or destroy themselves after a certain time, but there's still a lot of older crap in use.
I don't know which kind of bombs this coalition is using, maybe I'll have a look later.
There is a new gen cluster bomb, produced in Wisconsin, that deploys and explodes upon hitting a hard lasered target (ie: armor). If no target and they fall to the ground they supposedly disarm themselves.

The Saudi-led coalition fighting in Yemen has long demonstrated their use of cluster bombs; much as the Syrian army has - along with the use of the dreaded barrel bombs. Various targets hit in Yemen, usually civilian areas, are often littered with cluster bomb main bodies, internal canisters and ordnance that failed to explode.

Back