ⓝⓞⓣ ⓢⓔⓡⓘⓞⓤⓢ CORONAVIRUS (4 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Regards the mask "theory", I suggested this a while back...my good lady is involved in biomedical research....and she agreed. I pointed out that very few Chinese had died from it, but they mostly wear masks all the time anyway....so they have built up immunity to any other viruses that have come from bats, which is where most human viruses evolve (In China they are a pest...in UK they are a protected species FFS). Just eradicate all bats...fuck the little shits. "Ooooooh! Look at me...I'm a mammal but I can fly" Facking Twits 🤣
There’s actually a good bit of truth to that. The most recent research supports the earlier theory that wearing a mask lessens the impact, and is now being used in the field to combat it today. The theory suggested that wearing an approved mask reduces the impact of exposure because it reduces the amount of virus(viral load) entering AND exiting your system. With any common sense or knowledge on how pathogens and microbes work, everyone should know that when less virus gets in, the less it affects you. This is why some people can get covid and be completely asymptomatic. Also, just look at the simple mask statistics... where people are wearing masks, there are significantly lower numbers of infections. Tons of countries completely dealt with and mostly eradicated the virus from its borders with simple mask endorsements and nonessential travel restrictions.

mask frenzy.jpg
yanni hole.jpg

mask frenzy 3_censored.jpg

We/ some in this site... Like I said you should type with own thoughts and thinking....
That's really not the issue in this instance.
People copy and paste articles, pictures and such in debates all the time, not a big deal. It's obvious as the true writer is generally included and/or is given credit by the member using it.

Gurgle tried to pass off what she wrote ITT as her own. She was challenged about it, she blatantly LIED, and shortly thereafter got caught in her lie.

We call that plagiarism. But more importantly it shows her character and her need to be relevant.

There’s actually a good bit of truth to that. The most recent research supports the earlier theory that wearing a mask lessens the impact, and is now being used in the field to combat it today. The theory suggested that wearing an approved mask reduces the impact of exposure because it reduces the amount of virus(viral load) entering AND exiting your system. With any common sense or knowledge on how pathogens and microbes work, everyone should know that when less virus gets in, the less it affects you. This is why some people can get covid and be completely asymptomatic. Also, just look at the simple mask statistics... where people are wearing masks, there are significantly lower numbers of infections. Tons of countries completely dealt with and mostly eradicated the virus from its borders with simple mask endorsements and nonessential travel restrictions.
I like practical studies. I don't really care about what computer models tell some people, or what fancy aerosol sprayers tell others about particulates getting through different materials strapped to mannequin heads in plexiglass enclosures.

Take two groups, equal in size, one group with masks and the other without masks. Put them in the same environment, and after a certain amount of time passes, tally up how many from each group got sick in the time span. Sometimes thousands of participants, sometimes over years--RCT (Random Controlled Studies). There have been either 10 or 11 such studies done to determine the efficacy of masks against the transmissibility of any respiratory viruses. The most recent one, people often call "the Danish Study" examined COVID19 specifically.
It's unanamous every time...

ACP Journals

Meta-analysis on facemask use in community settings to prevent respiratory infection transmission shows no effect

There is no difference between wearing a mask, and not wearing a mask, regarding transmission of any respiratory viruses. It is all 100% nonsense.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMp2006372

Every single person on Earth had COV2 weeks, maybe days, after it transmitted to the first human. It's not whether we have it that makes us sick, it's how much we have (the viral load), and whether or not our immune systems are healthy enough to fight off propagation, and then infection by any given thing.

The false belief that masks do any good outside of woodworking shops is dangerous. It gives peoples' stupidity the confidence it needs to go out and spread (potentially dangerous) diseases to a public already weakened by their own stupidity. If a real pandemic actually ever hit, it's all the uselessly masked up government ninnies who will die first--thinking they're walking around with their magical Faucifields™ protecting them.

COMMENTARY: Masks-for-all for COVID-19 not based on sound data

fork-down.gif

date-tube.gif

bubble-body.gif

I like practical studies. I don't really care about what computer models tell some people, or what fancy aerosol sprayers tell others about particulates getting through different materials strapped to mannequin heads in plexiglass enclosures.

Take two groups, equal in size, one group with masks and the other without masks. Put them in the same environment, and after a certain amount of time passes, tally up how many from each group got sick in the time span. Sometimes thousands of participants, sometimes over years--RCT (Random Controlled Studies). There have been either 10 or 11 such studies done to determine the efficacy of masks against the transmissibility of any respiratory viruses. The most recent one, people often call "the Danish Study" examined COVID19 specifically.
It's unanamous every time...

ACP Journals

Meta-analysis on facemask use in community settings to prevent respiratory infection transmission shows no effect

There is no difference between wearing a mask, and not wearing a mask, regarding transmission of any respiratory viruses. It is all 100% nonsense.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMp2006372

Every single person on Earth had COV2 weeks, maybe days, after it transmitted to the first human. It's not whether we have it that makes us sick, it's how much we have (the viral load), and whether or not our immune systems are healthy enough to fight off propagation, and then infection by any given thing.

The false belief that masks do any good outside of woodworking shops is dangerous. It gives peoples' stupidity the confidence it needs to go out and spread (potentially dangerous) diseases to a public already weakened by their own stupidity. If a real pandemic actually ever hit, it's all the uselessly masked up government ninnies who will die first--thinking they're walking around with their magical Faucifields™ protecting them.

COMMENTARY: Masks-for-all for COVID-19 not based on sound data

fork-down.gif

date-tube.gif

bubble-body.gif

When you look at the actual statistics and studies, it shows they do work...a considerable amount.
When you look at memes, blogs, conspiracy cites, opinions, and perspectives, like the sources you posted, they can tell you whatever the fuck they want because they know there are always low-info consumers who are too damn lazy to actually look anything up that’s reputable. It’s seriously not that difficult

When you look at the actual statistics and studies, it shows they do work...a considerable amount.
When you look at memes, blogs, conspiracy cites, opinions, and perspectives, like the sources you posted, they can tell you whatever the fuck they want because they know there are always low-info consumers who are too damn lazy to actually look anything up that’s reputable. It’s seriously not that difficult
He actually means he "fucking loves science" and the reputable sources he relies on are mainstream news and late night talk show host monologues.

Here is a point about viruses that always scared me...
Some viruses cause cancer and some cancers have been shown to be contagious...If "some" viruses have these attributes, then a lot more might cause cancer or more forms of cancer might be found to be contagious...
maybe this virus has a cancer causing agent associated with it.

Now we're talking! Finally someone joins in the comedy.

You think that linking to the New England Journal Of Medicine and the first, and only random contolled trial study done so far on the efficacy of masks in prevent the transmission of COVID-19, involving thousands of subjects, is not a good thing to link to when discussing whether or not masks are effective at preventing COVID-19?

Kork-Signal-2.gif

But also, just to reiterate, every random controlled study ever done to find whether masks are helpful against transmission of any respiratory virus have concluded they are exactly the same as not wearing anything at all.

Yes I absolutely think it isn’t a good link considering it’s extremely outdated compared to current evidence and because it literally says PERSPECTIVE at the top of the article, meaning it’s basically nothing more than an opinion.

Yes I absolutely think it isn’t a good link considering it’s extremely outdated compared to current evidence and because it literally says PERSPECTIVE at the top of the article, meaning it’s basically nothing more than an opinion.

Well luckily the only that has changed since then was the Danish Study I linked to, which found, just like they always find in mask studies with coronaviruses, that the masks are 100% useless.
No matter the type of masks either--they are all useless, but that doesn't even matter because they don't tell you what kind to wear, or care what you put over your face, so long as it's something. They were handing out free sock masks in Tennessee--sprayed with pesticide, and I personally keep a beekeepers windbreaker, with a smoking/drinking/breathing hole cut out of it, rolled up in my hoodie. It is uncomfortable in there, and a uselessly heavy article to carry around just to sarcastically prove my point. Mostly to myself of course, but also to children oddly enough--they are always the first to laugh, and once a square bitch pulled her son's attention away from me sipping my Frappuccino, in disgust, as if I were trying to show him a Hustler centerfold behind her back.

Back