Coroner ‘never seen’ death as horrific as 36yo ‘melted’ into couch (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

D.O.A.

We are Kings
The coroner called to examine a young woman’s body after she was found “melted” into her family’s couch has “never seen a homicide like this” — and is still disturbed by what he saw.

Lacey Fletcher, 36, was found covered in urine and faeces and “fused” to the maggot-ridden lounge at her parents’ home in the US state of Louisanna in January 2022.

Sheila and Clay Fletcher pleaded no contest to manslaughter over her horrifying death this week, The New York Post reports.

But for Dr Ewell Bickham, the horrific death has left a permanent mark on his life, describing the scene as the worst thing he had ever experienced “in all of my career”.

“I’ve seen every kind of death there is. I’ve never seen a homicide like this. I have never seen a human being literally tortured and allowed to die while she is alive,” Dr Bickham told NewsNation.

“I’ve never seen that (in) my life. … Lacey did not decompose. She rotted in her own body, in that hole, in that sewer, in the couch.”

Prosecutors said Lacey had lain there, wasting away and in great suffering, for about 12 years and blamed her parents for the neglect.

She weighed 100 pounds (about 45 kgs) at the time of her death.

The 36-year-old had reportedly been diagnosed with autism, and her parents claim she refused to eat when they tried to feed her, leading to her being unable to leave the couch and her eventual death.

image.jpg

Strangely, prior photos show a young and bright-looking Lacey at school, where she was on the volleyball team before she was apparently homeschooled after 9th grade.

A neighbour, Robert Blades, 61, said she was “just a normal fun kid” before vanishing from view 15 years ago, after her parents said she had also developed “anxiety” and took her to psychologists, the Daily Mail reported.

Dr Bickham said he still trying to process the awful scene he witnessed — and was horrified by the smell in the house before he even got to Lacey’s body.

“When I walked in, the house smelled of a stench of, it smelled like a sewer, or septic tank and also a smell of death,” he said.

“I’ve never smelled that in my life. I’ve dealt with decomposed bodies. I’ve dealt with all sorts of death, degradation, whatever, never experienced this in all of my career.”

Dr Bickham said her parents were in the house when he arrived. Her father was “emotionless” while her mother sat with her “head between her knees” and shed “a tear or two”.

What he found in the room shocked him — and continues to traumatise him, he said.

“It still bothers me today. Like I said, I’ve seen every kind of death there is. I’ve seen elderly people die of natural causes. I’ve seen suicides, homicides, I’ve seen everything there is.”

Dr Bickham said there was no evidence that Lacey was being fed except for a small bag of hard candy nearby. He said her stomach contained both yellow foam from the couch and faeces.

“So you take it from there,” he said.

1707614165383.png

lovestruck

Forum Veteran
I've been watching this case since it broke out. Someone needs to release better photos and a autopsy video, photos of this. It's not fair that more information hasn't been released. Infact the majority of the story doesn't make sense and someone is intentionally leaving out details.

thylacine666

Fresh Meat
I've been watching this case since it broke out. Someone needs to release better photos and an autopsy video, photos of this. It's not fair that more information hasn't been released. Infact the majority of the story doesn't make sense and someone is intentionally leaving out details.
Yep she couldn’t have been there for 12 years without eating or drinking, must’ve been consuming *something*, and surely not just couch foam and faeces.

Another article said she had ‘locked in syndrome’ and couldn’t move, which this article doesn’t mention at all, so definitely seems like things are being omitted.

lovestruck

Forum Veteran
Yep she couldn’t have been there for 12 years without eating or drinking, must’ve been consuming *something*, and surely not just couch foam and faeces.

Another article said she had ‘locked in syndrome’ and couldn’t move, which this article doesn’t mention at all, so definitely seems like things are being omitted.
Yes, I read about the "locked in syndrome" they keep mentioning in many articles about this. I'm not completely familiar of this syndrome but have done an over view of such research and compared to many hard to find articles of this case it seems who ever first mentioned the syndrome did not completely understand it compared to the woman in this case and so other reports just went along with this theory.

My hypothetic answer is she did not have lock in syndrome. As in some articles the woman was said to be able to have at least limited movements, was rational enough to understand things.

I still do not have enough information on this case to compose a correct answer. But I believe the girl was on the spectrum scale and perhaps the family disapproved of that.

This was Louisiana after all and they apparently came from a strange Christian family of beliefs. Seems like the parents were well known in the community. I think something happened that made her at least have a limited movement.

I believe the day it happened and the last day anyone outside of her parents ever saw her was a neighbor who reported she was in her parents backyard.

Apparently this girl was somewhat of a loner, drifter after high School even though she was homeschooled for half of her schooling.

I believe that her and possibly her father, maybe he was tired of her just laying about? Physically abused her to a point that she wasn't capable of full movement then on and because of this the reason the parents never sought medical treatment for their daughter.

Or perhaps she sunk into some deep depression that made her lay on that couch for 12 years either way I don't believe that those parents were living at that house at least towards the end of her life.

The coroner and first arrivals to the scene said that the smell of the inside was so bad that they couldn't be in that house for more than a few minutes at a time.

I don't believe those parents could have lived in that house in such disarray.

We will find out when this case moves forward

D.O.A.

We are Kings
Yes, I read about the "locked in syndrome" they keep mentioning in many articles about this. I'm not completely familiar of this syndrome but have done an over view of such research and compared to many hard to find articles of this case it seems who ever first mentioned the syndrome did not completely understand it compared to the woman in this case and so other reports just went along with this theory.

My hypothetic answer is she did not have lock in syndrome. As in some articles the woman was said to be able to have at least limited movements, was rational enough to understand things.

I still do not have enough information on this case to compose a correct answer. But I believe the girl was on the spectrum scale and perhaps the family disapproved of that.

This was Louisiana after all and they apparently came from a strange Christian family of beliefs. Seems like the parents were well known in the community. I think something happened that made her at least have a limited movement.

I believe the day it happened and the last day anyone outside of her parents ever saw her was a neighbor who reported she was in her parents backyard.

Apparently this girl was somewhat of a loner, drifter after high School even though she was homeschooled for half of her schooling.

I believe that her and possibly her father, maybe he was tired of her just laying about? Physically abused her to a point that she wasn't capable of full movement then on and because of this the reason the parents never sought medical treatment for their daughter.

Or perhaps she sunk into some deep depression that made her lay on that couch for 12 years either way I don't believe that those parents were living at that house at least towards the end of her life.

The coroner and first arrivals to the scene said that the smell of the inside was so bad that they couldn't be in that house for more than a few minutes at a time.

I don't believe those parents could have lived in that house in such disarray.

We will find out when this case moves forward
The parents are both absolute cunts and should be beaten/raped regularly in a prison environment. That's the least society can do for them.

Ralph666

Human Buzzard
Reminds me of a comment from a police officer when they were clearing out Jeff Dahmer's apartment.. "for someone to live in there with a smell like that, it's like he enjoyed it.."

I bet it was the same for them as well..

Back