Users who are viewing this thread

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
Thought this dude and was strumming a guitar and singing like Freddy Mercury with those chompers for a second.
You mean like this? Since he's German, he' slinging a Gretsch (that's actually a shot of one of my guitars) since the founder of that company was from Germany. I don't know what he's singing though...maybe something by Guns n' Roses...

1. Lead guitarist of the DeathHeads :whooper:.
9 - shopped.jpg

Nihilianth

Forum Veteran
You mean like this? Since he's German, he' slinging a Gretsch (that's actually a shot of one of my guitars) since the founder of that company was from Germany. I don't know what he's singing though...maybe something by Guns n' Roses...

View attachment 648146
YOOOOO IM DEAD!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

This is the greatest thing I've seen on here!

View attachment 648146
Seriously, this is almost exactly what I had in mind to a T. I said Freddy Mercury, but you pulled off Slash, except that's not a Les Paul. Doesn't matter. This is an amazing post!

Can we get this man award?

Nevermind, you said it's a Gretsch because it's yours, and he's German. I was howling too much with laughter and in awe of your artistic abilities to pay too much attention to the finer details. I love it.

Even made the scene itself a tad darker to give it more of an atmospheric night-clubby vibe about it.

The more I look at this work of art, the more I notice finer details. This could probably actually be turned into a poster. Lol!

Last edited:

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
YOOOOO IM DEAD!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

This is the greatest thing I've seen on here!

Seriously, this is almost exactly what I had in mind to a T. I said Freddy Mercury, but you pulled off Slash, except that's not a Les Paul. Doesn't matter. This is an amazing post!

Can we get this man award?

Nevermind, you said it's a Gretsch because it's yours, and he's German. I was howling too much with laughter and in awe of your artistic abilities to pay too much attention to the finer details. I love it.

Even made the scene itself a tad darker to give it more of an atmospheric night-clubby vibe about it.

The more I look at this work of art, the more I notice finer details. This could probably actually be turned into a poster. Lol!
I'm a Les Paul man myself (this is the first Gretsch I've ever owned) but Les Paul wouldn't work as he was of Jewish stock. Then, because it's the only Fender I like, I thought about a Tele, but the founder of Fender is American. I wanted to do him Jimmy Page style - when he wore a German officers cap and boots - but realized most wouldn't know that. After adding the shades, I saw Slash, lol.

Glad you like and yes, it'd make a cool poster :)

Nihilianth

Forum Veteran
I'm a Les Paul man myself (this is the first Gretsch I've ever owned) but Les Paul wouldn't work as he was of Jewish stock. Then, because it's the only Fender I like, I thought about a Tele, but the founder of Fender is American. I wanted to do him Jimmy Page style - when he wore a German officers cap and boots - but realized most wouldn't know that. After adding the shades, I saw Slash, lol.

Glad you like and yes, it'd make a cool poster :)
I appreciate the time you took to do that photo. Hell, the time you take to do these threads in general.

I would have instantly recognized the Jimmy Page reference. I had a poster of him wearing that hat on my wall when I was a kid. (My twin brother and I still squabble over who's posters were who's. Lol!)

The Gretsch worked out great. It has a similar design to a Les Paul. The Kingfisher Tele would have been a good choice as well.

Hey. You know your stuff. I have a cousin. Kid is from PA. He's got a YouTube channel. You should totally check him out. His name is Alex Schumacher. A hell of a drummer. Was my idea to start filming him when he was like 8 years old and start a YouTube for him. He's now 16, and has a shitload of followers. His best video is one where he got to jam on Florida Georgia Line drummer's kit. Forget that dude's name. But Alex was only like 8 or 9 at the time. Just this adorable smaller little kid. Had to reach out his entire body to jam on that full-sized kit. It was hilarious, and his skills were OUTSTANDING! Has just about 98,000 views. Here's a link to that video:

Yeah. I'm shamelessly plugging for him on here. Sue me 🤣

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
Another mixed set.

Set 25.

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

6. A German MG42 spider sight - usually used for anti-aircraft firing.
16.jpg

17.jpg

Grave Found at Bunker.jpg

9. Burials in the middle of a forest.
h.jpg

10. Hitler Youth dagger. I added what the insignia inlay looks like and where it went.
Hitler Youth Knife.jpg

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
Another set of mixed exhumations: sometimes there aren't enough photos to make up a set. Just a note that these aren't being performed by relic hunters, the exhumations are performed by trained military archaeologists who catalogue and document every detail and rebury the remains they find in War Cemeteries (some in Germany and some in Poland). Miltaria is handed over to historical societies, weapons are handed over to the police and personal effects of a soldier are handed over to their families (if they were able to ID the soldier).

Set 26.

11. This soldier may have died from an artillery hit and soil was used to simply cover his remains up.
DH - Remains German Soldiers Exhumed Poland Mixed 2.jpg

12. Other soldiers whose bodies weren't intact when buried.
DH - Remains German Soldiers Exhumed Poland Mixed 3.jpg

13. MG ammo box.
DH - Remains German Soldiers Exhumed Poland Mixed 4.jpg

DH - Remains German Soldiers Exhumed Poland Mixed 5.jpg

DH - Remains German Soldiers Exhumed Poland Mixed 6.jpg

DH - Remains German Soldiers Exhumed Poland Mixed 7.jpg

DH - Remains German Soldiers Exhumed Poland Mixed 8.jpg

DH - Remains German Soldiers Exhumed Poland Mixed 9.jpg

19. If the halved ID tag can be deciphered, then the soldier can be identified. This soldier was likely buried by fellow Germans who took the other half of his ID tag to send to their superiors to keep track of deaths.
DH - Remains German Soldiers Exhumed Poland Mixed 10.jpg

20. Two soldiers are buried here.
DH - Remains German Soldiers Exhumed Poland Mixed 11.jpg

McM

ARSELING
Looks like someone tried to create an old Viking mead jar.
'Let's drink from the skulls of the fallen'.
Or it's the result of a kind of autopsy.

Screenshot 2023-03-03 at 17-12-35 Exhumations of WW2 Dead German Soldiers.png

Back