Users who are viewing this thread

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
Set 16.

March 22, 2022, Kawczyn, Poland:

An exhumation in Kawczyna, Czarnkowski-Trzcianecki. Locals directed the archaeology team to the grave of the German pilot, whose plane crashed in a nearby field during WW2, was located. His bones bore traces of strong fractures, probably caused by the crash of his plane to the ground. The soldier's body was tied up with yellow cabe, which was done in order to make it easier to move his body from the crash site.

1. Massive head damage.
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5. Parts of the plane were still scattered about as archaeologists worked the area.
5.jpg

6. I cannot for the life of me remember what these 4 winged-looking clasps are...they wo have been on a shoulder board.
6.jpg

Last edited:

WickedMal

đź–¤ Death đź–¤
Super Moderator
True, and it's amazing how many times in the past and present that this shit just keeps repeating itself, although the countries and belligerents change...in the Ukraine they'll be digging today's remains and 'relics' up in another 75 years, repeating the same scenes.

This one is a bit of a different exhumation although it is the same war and people involved.

July 2020, Gdańsk, Poland and Oct. 19-30, 2020, Olsztyn, Poland:

After extensive searches in three locations to find the WW2 burial sites of 7 Polish nuns who were murdered in 1945 by Red Army troops after they had ousted the Germans, the remains of 4 of the Catholic nuns were located. One was found in Gdańsk while the other 3 were uncovered in an old cemetery in Olsztyn below an area that was now a park. A third search was conducted in Orneta, Poland for the other 3 murdered nuns but the search hasn't been completed.

The Sisters worked at the hospital in Olsztyn when Red Army soldiers entered it January 1945, during their advance against the occupying German forces. The Red Army is recorded to have began pillaging the towns they now occupied and engaging in the mass rape of females. This included the Sisters at the hospital.

One of the nuns was locked up in the hospital's attic and raped over a period of 10 days. She died soon afterwards from various wounds and internal bleeding. Another sister was beaten to death when she attempted to protect a younger Sister from being raped by a Red Army soldier. It was recorded that her eyes were gouged out, her tongue was cut off and she had been stabbed with a bayonet 16 times. The third Sister was reported to have been shot dead by a Soviet soldier after leaving a bomb shelter (where she had hidden with several sick patients after air raid sirens went off) as the Red Army approached the city.

In the next decade after the 3 nuns in Olsztyn were buried, latter burials took place on top of them (there were no burial markers) and one of them was a priest, who was also exhumed in order to reach the womens' remains below his.

Rather than a criminal case spurring on the exhumations, it was the Church who was in the process of the 'beautification' of these murdered nuns, and a few others.

View attachment 628687

View attachment 628688

View attachment 628689

4. Along with the nuns, archaeologists found that there were several dozen other burials here, although most were regular burials.
View attachment 628690

View attachment 628691

View attachment 628692

View attachment 628693

View attachment 628694

View attachment 628695

10. This is the priest.
View attachment 628696

11. Funny, at first I thought this was...well anyways, turns out it's the large crucifix that many clergymen wore around their waists. It belonged to the priest.
View attachment 628697

12. The nun who had been buried in Gdańsk.
View attachment 628698

13. Same.
View attachment 628699

14. Same. Beside her remains were her Rosary beads and crucifux.
View attachment 628700

View attachment 628701

View attachment 628702
It disgusts me how these nuns were treated and killed... really makes one think about where was God when this was happening,,,,

dwdays

We Shoulda Picked Our Own Cotton.
Germans are a hoot. Wouldn’t it have been crazy if they’d won!!??

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
Set 17.

Sept. 2021 - Aug. 2022, PaczkĂłw, Poland:

The graves of 277 German soldiers who died between Feb. and March 1945 were found and exhumed on the eastern outskirts of the city - in a forest called Vogtei - Wäldchen. Originally, the burial site it was placed within the framework of the establishment of a monument dedicated to the inhabitants of Paczków who died on the fronts of World War I, along with soldiers of the Great War.

The stone statues/monuments and wooden crosses that once marked the graveyard were put out of view in the 1960's when a resort was to be built. Rather than having been actually demolished, the stone monuments were simply pushed into the ground - and so most of these were also recovered, along with various metal plaques that would have been attached to some of the wooden grave-marker crosses.

1. The original burial site - probably taken in the 1950's.
1.jpg

2. The resort was demolished years ago, leaving large concrete slabs under which were the graves.
2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8. The Germans still occupied Poland at the time of most of the burials and soldiers were thus given proper burials by their comrades, even with pine wreaths (not all ID tags found had been broken/halved).
8.jpg

9.jpg

10. I think that this stone had been pushed off into the bush.
10.jpg

11. A memorial stone containing the names of those who died during the Great War and were buried here
11.jpg

12. Same.
12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15. An ink pen case.
15.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

Last edited:

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
Set 17 (Cont'd)

19.jpg

19. Possibly an 'new type' M18 German helmet from late WW1.
20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

26. Drawing of the original layout and burial sections, provided by an elderly German citizen.
27.jpg

27. An engraved tin plate that was probably attached to a wooden cross.
28.jpg

28. ID tag/coin pouch.
29.jpg

30.jpg

30. A broken ID tag, still around the neck.
31.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

33. After all these years, the chin strap and lining is still intact...quite rare.
34.jpg

36.jpg

By who they been buried? If dog tag is intact, clearly not by their brothers in arms. Lets hope it will never start again..
It's not clear who buried them. The broken tags probably mean burial by other German soldiers and the unbroken ones either by locals or maybe the tag collector/s missed them (body may have been in bad shape)...

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
Set 18.

Oct. 28, 2022, Studzionki, Lower Silesian Voivodeship, Poland:

In the forest north of the village, the grave of a German soldier who died at the beginning of February 1945 was found. The soldier was in a foxhole, where he was killed and never removed from. It's possible that he was a machine gunner. The excavation team determined that the soldier was of the Unteroffizier or Feldwebel rank.

1. As the dead soldier's body slumped down it decayed and left this - a heap of bones.
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4. Buckles, uniform buttons and a fragment of an MG ammo belt found at the bottom of the foxhole.
4.jpg

5. Both of the soldier's femurs were broken.
5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8. A dead Russian soldier in a foxhole - this is likely close to how the German soldier looked after he died and his body crumpled downwards.
8.jpg

McM

ARSELING
what these 4 winged-looking clasps are
Airforce rank insignia; they were worn at the uniform's collar on a patch.
Some are just embroidered others are made from metal. Perhaps for higher ranks or for the 'good' uniform.

kr.jpg

Last edited:

wiggins

Forum Veteran
At first I thought 'strange hand grenade' but it's a canteen (5th pic). :lol:
Has a black bakelite cup.
I was irritated by the brown color of the canteen's body; I knew only the metal version with grey felt around.
Did they produce a cheaper wooden version later? Interesting
(Light metals, etc. were restricted and meant only for weapon and plane production.)

Nice post. Reminds me of the same work the Ger/Rus organizations do in Russia.
Good points McM.

Aluminium was obviously a strategic material and in very short supply for Germany in WW2.

I was surprised the cartridge cases rusted as I was not aware Germany used steel cases. I thought they were more modern than circa '44. However, 1944 was a hard year for Germany given everything that was happening then.

I was wrong:

Last edited:

Odium

Lurker
I didn't know that commies own their own individual businesses in a free market. Tell me more.

Fucking retard.
Never did I even come close to saying anything about communists having ownership of anything. I understand communism because you little dick niggers are the enemy of humanity and I study my enemy. You want to call me a fucking retard yet you come up with free markets and private ownership out of thin air and claim that I said it when you can clearly read my previous comment and the fact that I didn't say it you absolute fucking faggot. Communist don't get to own anything for themselves because they like living like starving slaves. You just made yourself look completely fucking moronic but you're a faggot communist so I'm not surprised.

Nihilianth

Forum Veteran
H
Never did I even come close to saying anything about communists having ownership of anything. I understand communism because you little dick niggers are the enemy of humanity and I study my enemy. You want to call me a fucking retard yet you come up with free markets and private ownership out of thin air and claim that I said it when you can clearly read my previous comment and the fact that I didn't say it you absolute fucking faggot. Communist don't get to own anything for themselves because they like living like starving slaves. You just made yourself look completely fucking moronic but you're a faggot communist so I'm not surprised.
Holy shit, can a post get any more fucking retarded than this? Congrats. Not even Tubemonkey has ever reached this incredible level of retardation. He's never managed to contradict himself that many times in that quick a succession. 🤣

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
Set 19.

Aug. 3-4, 2022, Pleśnica, Poland:

Exhumation work in Pleśnica, Nysa district. On the edge of a farmer's field, by the road leading to Ścinawa Mała, two mass graves were found in which 34 (30 + 4) German soldiers who died in 1945 were buried. Only two broken ID tags were found.

This one is a good example of how soldiers were often buried were they died: in a famer's field. There was probably some sort of grave marking originally, but it would have disappeared long ago and then the grave/s are forgotten.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9. Condoms.
9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12. German flashlight.
12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
Set 20.

June 30, 2022, Czarnylas, Poland:

In the Evangelical cemetery in Czarnylas, Ostrowski district (Greater Poland Voivodeship) there was a "grave of unknown soldiers". Inside it were the remains of 13 German soldiers, 4 of whom were found with broken German ID tags, along with an engraved gold ring. Among the discovered items there was also a set of five gold Russian 10-ruble coins minted in 1911 during the reign of Tsar Nicholas II.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8. On today's market, these sell for abt €657.48 each...
8.jpg

9.jpg

Back