'I love you, but you owe me $191k' - Aunt sues boy for accidentally breaking her arm at party (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

D.O.A.

We are Kings
A woman attempted to sue her 12-year-old nephew for breaking her wrist when he leapt at her in excitement at his eighth birthday party. Jennifer Connell, 54, of New York wanted US$127,000 ($191,000) from Sean Tarala, who appeared in court last Friday with his father.

At the trial, The Connecticut Post reported that Sean, whose mother died last year, appeared confused by the proceedings. She told the jury that although she loved Sean she believed he should be held accountable for her injury.

Ms Connell said that her nephew had become excited on seeing her at the party in 2011. She said: "All of a sudden he was there in the air, I had to catch him and we tumbled onto the ground.

I remember him shouting, 'Auntie Jen I love you,' and there he was flying at me."

She said that although she was hurt, she did not say anything. "It was his birthday party and I didn't want to upset him." But the injury later caused her problems, she said. "I live in Manhattan in a third-floor walk-up so it has been very difficult. And we all know how crowded it is in Manhattan." She added: "I was at a party recently, and it was difficult to hold my hors d'oeuvre plate."

Her lawsuit claimed: "The injuries, losses and harms to the plaintiff were caused by the negligence and carelessness of the minor defendant in that a reasonable eight years old under those circumstances would know or should have known that a forceful greeting such as the one delivered by the defendant to the plaintiff could cause the harms and losses suffered by the plaintiff."

It took the jury just 25 minutes to unanimously decide that Ms Connell would not be awarded anything.

:lol:

'I love you, but you owe me $191k' - Aunt sues boy for accidentally breaking her arm at party - Life & Style - NZ Herald News

Maven

Southern Charm
6a00d83451b8c369e2014e862056fe970d-pi

zinfandel

The hair-flip of death
Wonder what kind of pain and suffering she will endure after alienating her family...priceless.

If she were MY relative, she would endure some pain and suffering all right. She would have to sue me for the cost of the Emergency Room visit and surgery to remove my foot from her ass; and then sue me for the years of emotional distress I'd be sure to heap upon her. And then I'd sue HER for pissing me off in the first place.

Back