Randy Janzen Facebook post an apparent confession of killing wife, daughter, sister (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

holyblacksun

against the dying light.
This user was banned
'Over the past 10 days I have done some of the worst things I could have ever imagined a person doing'

A community in British Columbia is reeling after several members of one family have been discovered dead and an apparent confession from the killer appeared on Facebook.

On Randy Janzen's Facebook page, a post states that he killed his 19-year-old daughter, Emily, his wife, Laurel, and his sister, Shelly.

"Now my family is pain free and in heaven," the post states.

The post says that he killed his daughter to relieve her of the migraines and depression that had been plaguing her since elementary school.

randy-janzen.jpg

A Facebook picture appears to show Randy Janzen with his daughter, Emily. (Randy Janzen/Facebook)

He then killed his wife, Laurel, the post says, because "a mother should never have [to] hear the news her baby has died," and his sister, Shelly, "because I did not want her to have to live with this shame."

The CBC cannot confirm that Janzen actually wrote the post. He has not responded to attempts to reach him today.

On Friday, the Chilliwack School of Performing Arts posted a message to its Facebook page, remembering former student Emily Janzen. "She will be greatly missed. Our condolences go out to all her family and friends."

'The whole place went up'
Speaking to media Friday, homicide investigators confirmed that several bodies, believed to be members of the same family, had been discovered in two separate residences on Thursday — one in Langley, and one in the Rosedale Popkum area east of Chilliwack — following information from social media that had been shared with them.

Police said one of the bodies was believed to be that of the suspect, but would not confirm the number of dead nor the identities of any of those involved.

laurel-janzen-emily-janzen.jpg

According to a post on Randy Janzen's Facebook page, Laurel Janzen (left) and Emily Janzen have been killed. (Facebook/Randy Janzen)

CBC News has discovered that an R. and L. Janzen are listed as living at 10003 Llanberis Way, one of the residences under investigation.

Neighbour Linda Anderson said she had never seen so many police in one spot.

"There were two smoke bombs," she told CBC News. "One upstairs window and one through the living room window. I guess the drapes caught on fire and it was just a matter of minutes before the whole place went up."

In Langley, neighbours of the house being investigated by the forensics team told CBC News that a woman named Shelly, who delivered newspapers and kept to herself, was the resident.

Read the full Facebook post on Randy Janzen's page

randy-janzen-facebook-confession.png

A post on Randy Janzen's Facebook page says that he killed his daughter to relieve her of migraines and depression that had been plaguing her since elementary school.

source

Béla Kiss

Always, never, and forget about it.
He's dead already.

But since you brought it up, this country's judicial system is fucked. He would've walked in 5 years. They just let out Vince Li on good behaviour after he stabbed and decapitated some poor schmuck at random on a Greyhound bus in 2008, under the pretense that "he's ok as long as he's medicated", (are you fucking kiddin' me??) and today Shawn Hennessey, who shot and killed 4 RCMP officers in 2005 was released on probation.
Old Sparky would be awesome here, but it's never gonna happen.

McM

ARSELING
It's about an hour and a half east of Vancouver. You always know when you're nearing Chilliwack because of the farms surrounding it... the place literally smells like shit. I guess you get used to it if you lived there.

Lol...I know what you mean. The smell of farm-slurry...some older people say it's healthy to breath in. Countryside air.

Mtnflyer

Border Undesirable
I've been through Chilliwack a couple of times. The area seems to have a history of breeding the worst murderers in Canadian history, including the likes of Clifford Olson. Must be something in the air.

ncolo

Rookie
Nice post. Sounds like he was more bothered by what was going on than the rest of the family. A little :leaf: might have helped her. It wouldnt have hurt.

Back