The American Civil War (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Stevencal64

Lurker
If the south did win, I'm wondering how much longer the U.S would have gone on before outlawing slavery? Another 25 years maybe?

ElizabethBathory

Hilf Siegen
Cost-War.jpg

Soldiers-Shallow-Bodies-Grave.htm

Soldier-Dead.jpg
Spotsylvania-Battle-Dead.jpg

janscutter

Can I stab you with this sharp pointy thing?
This user was banned
Great collection of pics. Almost as good as the ones at my Boarding School in Vicksburg, Miss.
Its really sad that the Yankees had Confederate soldiers thinner than most jews in concentration camps.

janscutter

Can I stab you with this sharp pointy thing?
This user was banned
Got family in florida, texas, arkansas, and coonass country. Love the south!
Im sorry. The first 2 are not considered part of the True south. Their like the redheaded stepchild of the south. Not really part of it, but still loved for their try to effort.

treeghost

winter sucks
The reason there was a war was that NEW states admitted to the union could not have slaves.
The states with slaves could keep them but the states with slaves said, and it's prolly true, that slavery would die out - and states wanting admittance were like what do you mean no slaves!?!?

ramblar

Forum Veteran
Yes, that the States did (fight well). But the Civil War didn't include multiple other nations or broad theatres of war like they encountered in WW1, WW2, etc. It was strictly American against American. So a "hell of a fight" really boils down to the Americans of the South and those of the North.
Yes, this is true. Brother against brother, and family against family. Damn good thread DeathHand.:hatsoff:

mrln

silent ghost
id like to go to them fighting grounds, and dig up some old treasures. that's if theres anything left...

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
id like to go to them fighting grounds, and dig up some old treasures. that's if theres anything left...
There is still alot buried not so deep in the ground: musket balls, lead bullets, grape shot, buckles, coins, tins, glass, etc.

I have been to 5 civil war battlefields (2 in Penn and 2 in Virginia/W Virginia and 1 in Washington) and although I was a young lad of about 10 or 11 yrs, I could see, hear and smell the fighting that covered those fields and can't wait to go back. The only problem for me is getting anything I might find back across the Peace Bridge to the northern side of Fort Erie.

One day :)

GoreErectus

Forum Veteran
Looking at these pictures I wonder if anyone living today could have survived in those days. Notice how you don't see any fat soldiers.

People were not pampered with conveniences and machines like they are today. You had to get out and work hard to get simple things done, like cleaning the laundry, and harvesting your own food

While it was no picnic for people of color to be living in those days, it wasn't exactly a walk in the park for white people either. If you were poor, gay, female, you were subject to rape, torture, abuse. It was the Wild West Days when people got away with crimes they'd never get away with today

Also, 45% of those soldiers had STDs of which there was no cure. There was no cure for gonorrhea, syphilis, chlamydia, etc.

Back