The American Civil War (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

hellyeah

Rookie

th

hellyeah

Rookie
You'd probably love the whole White Mansions album... it's not my usual type of music but it's beautiful :)
:beer:
im gonna check it out for sure Im mostly into metal and rock but I love good ole southern jams they relax:).....except for jonny reb he kinda incites me to violence especially when im drinking:lol:

Rushsite

NewbieX
At the end of the war the entire country and in particular the south had a national case of Delayed Stress Syndrome.... that was never "treated" or recognized. The leading photographer of the war (William Brady) went bankrupt immediately after the war and many of his glass negatives were used as greenhouse window panes .... America was sick of war.... sort of a parallel to today. However, then the war was brought to the civilians by people like General Sherman who burned his was from Atlanta to Savanna, Georgia and then to Charleston where the war began and he burned all the way with not a bit of confederate soldier resistance. He waged war on the southern civilians which has not been forgiven to this day.

Pammila

Man makes plans . . . and God laughs
I had a great great great grandaddy was in the 9th Arkansas Infantry. I love to learn about our history. Thank you for posting this.

Honest

Hey asshole, quit honkin on the pub floor
the south wanted to keep their slaves for crop profits but the cost of the slave wasnt cheap either, i wish the south had won. im sure the slaves would still have been released some day but the states wouldnt be so bad......right now anyway. Eventually they turn everything to welfare and shit.

Der Wolf

Long time dead but look forward the resurrection
This user was banned
America has always been a nation of war
First they started with the Indians and then the Mexicans, then with the British and then with each other within the framework of the Civil War
After the Civil war the First World War (where they were not really technically advanced to the European military level)
Then came the Second World War where they were again technically behind the Germans
Then came the Korean War
Then came the Vietnam War
Then came the Gulf War
Then came Afghanistan (which continues to this day)
Then came the Iraq War
Then today, with the help of the Jews, they have realized that the best idea is to fund terrorist and criminal groups from behind and as long as they kill each other, they have fun with this while the blood of others is flowing

Garbanzoz

If it won’t slice, try chopping
At the end of the war the entire country and in particular the south had a national case of Delayed Stress Syndrome.... that was never "treated" or recognized. The leading photographer of the war (William Brady) went bankrupt immediately after the war and many of his glass negatives were used as greenhouse window panes .... America was sick of war.... sort of a parallel to today. However, then the war was brought to the civilians by people like General Sherman who burned his was from Atlanta to Savanna, Georgia and then to Charleston where the war began and he burned all the way with not a bit of confederate soldier resistance. He waged war on the southern civilians which has not been forgiven to this day.
Not forgiven but understood. Ever had your ass kicked so well you’re like “alright you gotta teach me that shit.” Sherman showed us (southerners) what we’re capable of… since in was done to us.

Nihilianth

Forum Veteran
"Lee surrendered his Army of Northern Virginia on April 9, 1865, at the McLean House in the village of Appomattox Court House. In an untraditional gesture and as a sign of Grant's respect and anticipation of peacefully restoring Confederate states to the Union, Lee was permitted to keep his sword and his horse, Traveller.

On April 14, 1865, President Lincoln was shot by John Wilkes Booth, a Southern sympathizer. Lincoln died early the next morning, and Andrew Johnson became president. Meanwhile, Confederate forces across the South surrendered as news of Lee's surrender reached them. On June 23, 1865, Cherokee leader Stand Watie was the last Confederate general to surrender his forces."

Set 11.

View attachment 53695

View attachment 53696

View attachment 53698

View attachment 53699

45. This young soldier lays dead next to the grave of another soldier.
View attachment 53700

*This is just a small number of photos available for the American Civil War. The focus of this thread was the soldiers that died. Non-gore pictures were intentionally left out for another thread.

Many have seen these photos, some maybe not, and I am sure that a few of them are here on GG somewhere but none are in a dedicated US Civil War thread. DH.
I know a guy who lives in Chambersburg who has a 3D viewfinder that has several of these photographs that pop out as 3D when viewing through the finder. He goes to Gettysburgh every year July 1 - 3 and sets it up to look at the exact location and angle of some of these photographs, and invites all the tourists passing by to view the scene through the viewfinder.

Everyone gets the same creepy ghostly feeling. Almost without fail, you can clearly see the weight of history come into each persons' eyes and facial expression as they look back and forth between the viewfinder, and the peaceful empty field at the exact spot where the Civil War soldier died and was photographed 160 years ago.

Set 6 #24 was the first 3D version of the photograph I saw.

notorious28

NewbieX
a bit off topic, i saw a post about some black guys being hanged [before civil war-ish]. i cant seem to find it, if anyone knows it maybe @ me. HH

Back