The Korean War (1950-53) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

DirtyDiamonds

I'll swallow your soul!
Awesome pics DH. Never hear much about the Korean war and I don't think I've ever seen pictures. My Grandfather fought in this war.

375488_2510822124115_977838035_n.jpg

395440_2728624689043_244066975_n.jpg

Q. Tsung

Rookie
i really hate war and am highly against war of any kind from any place. the civilians that get killed because of these wars are the ones i feel most sorry about. i believe racism, war and religion are 3 things that must be removed from humanity which i know may never happen. even though i highly despise war and stay away from this section i do come here sometimes to remind myself of how damaging humans can be. with that said i appreciate the effort you put in this thread and the information given. i enjoyed your commentary and the information given in it.
i am impressed with the quality of the images. did you alter them in any way?

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
i really hate war and am highly against war of any kind from any place. the civilians that get killed because of these wars are the ones i feel most sorry about. i believe racism, war and religion are 3 things that must be removed from humanity which i know may never happen. even though i highly despise war and stay away from this section i do come here sometimes to remind myself of how damaging humans can be. with that said i appreciate the effort you put in this thread and the information given. i enjoyed your commentary and the information given in it.
i am impressed with the quality of the images. did you alter them in any way?
I take it that you mean me :) Info was not altered but most of the images were: but only as far as improving the contrast, making little images larger, and sharpening the images so that we can make out what they are of.

Wombat

The original Cereal Killer.
This user was banned
We saved the Chinese from the Japs and that's how they thank us...I wonder if those NK soldiers knew what they were really fighting for..Great posts DeathHand, always like that you know what you are talking about.

Thank you DeathHand my father was a commander of a zippo squad in the Korean war. Told me his story of torching villages and so on down in hospice near the end when he lost all motor function and passed of Pancreatic cancer. Again thank you for the pictures.

Deefer

Complete and utter
This user was banned
"Relations between them became increasingly strained, and on June 25, 1950, North Korean forces invaded South Korea. The United Nations quickly condemned the invasion as an act of aggression, demanded the withdrawal of North Korean troops from the South, and called upon its members to aid South Korea. On June 27, U.S. President Truman authorized the use of American land, sea, and air forces in Korea; a week later, the United Nations placed the forces of 15 other member nations under U.S. command, and Truman appointed Gen. Douglas MacArthur supreme commander."

Set 2.

5. Burial spot of a US Soldier; June 24, 1951
View attachment 40902

6. American and S. Korean soldiers burying dead Chinese soldiers. June 14, 1953.
View attachment 40903

7. Canadian troops rest while waiting for their orders. Feb 29, 1951.
View attachment 40904

8. Bodies of dead Chinese soldiers. Chunchon, Korea, May 17, 1951.
View attachment 40905
Looks like the Chinese soldiers have had their nice warm quilted jackets and fur lined boots liberated.

"Relations between them became increasingly strained, and on June 25, 1950, North Korean forces invaded South Korea. The United Nations quickly condemned the invasion as an act of aggression, demanded the withdrawal of North Korean troops from the South, and called upon its members to aid South Korea. On June 27, U.S. President Truman authorized the use of American land, sea, and air forces in Korea; a week later, the United Nations placed the forces of 15 other member nations under U.S. command, and Truman appointed Gen. Douglas MacArthur supreme commander."

Set 2.

5. Burial spot of a US Soldier; June 24, 1951
View attachment 40902

6. American and S. Korean soldiers burying dead Chinese soldiers. June 14, 1953.
View attachment 40903

7. Canadian troops rest while waiting for their orders. Feb 29, 1951.
View attachment 40904

8. Bodies of dead Chinese soldiers. Chunchon, Korea, May 17, 1951.
View attachment 40905
ha! only good goverment chink is a dead one

Back