The Philippine–American War (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

It wasn't for any real time. The Philippines were a prize in the Spanish-American war like Haiti. One of the primary reasons to get involved was the brutal treatment the Filipinos and the Haitians were enduring from the Spanish --- then it was all moral outrage, "we can't let this thing stand" etc., etc., what's Spain doing in our hemisphere etc., etc., etc. As soon as we essentially kicked them out of the western hemisphere, we won these former colonies. The dumb fucks of Haiti and the Philippines didn't realize we were the good guys and saw us as the aggressors. Guerrilla style tactics, kidnapping, murder, sniping etc., etc., ensued, and found ourselves embroiled in the exact same situation the Spanish were in, until the war "officially" kicked off.
according to the history posted here, the dumbfucks of the Philippines wouldn't have had any way to know what was going on back in the U.S., so it's no surprise they'd see us as the enemy when we didn't leave after beating the Spanish. also, Haiti was French

Rushsite

NewbieX
Anyone ask ... "So why did they fight?" and "Was the world or each nation a better place because ot if?" I am a war veteran but I think not on my last question.

oniec

Lurker
I know im late but i jsut want to clear something up. The americans bought the philippines and other islands from the spaniards, they did win in cuba but in the philippines it was a different story. During the war even though the americans and philippines were allies it was actually the filipinos revolutionary forces that did most of the fighting.

Guipago

Forum Veteran
I know im late but i jsut want to clear something up. The americans bought the philippines and other islands from the spaniards, they did win in cuba but in the philippines it was a different story.
I heard a story very similar, no idea if it was true or a story to salve consciences for a very nasty war. It might also have come from the US renting land off the Phillippine Government for the US bases there.

oniec

Lurker
I heard a story very similar, no idea if it was true or a story to salve consciences for a very nasty war. It might also have come from the US renting land off the Phillippine Government for the US bases there.
I believe its more or less true, i read from my brothers history book when he was college. and during the Spanish-American war, Majority of the fightings weren't done by the american it was mostly done by filipno revolutionary soldiers

SPHINCTERPUNCH

THE SPHINCTER PUNCHER!
As Always; An Excellent Compilation "DH"! And Thanku for the History Lesson! I luv learning Sheit like this! It's Our History,Fkn Cool!!!...SP

Back