Unit 731 - Japanese biological warfare R&D pictures (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

D.O.A.

We are Kings
Unit 731 (731部隊), based at the Pingfang district of Harbin and led by the infamous Japanese microbiologist Shiro Ishii, was a covert biological warfare research and development unit of the Imperial Japanese Army that undertook human experimentation during the Second Sino-Japanese War (1937–1945) and World War II.

At least 12,000 men, women, and children were murdered during the experimentation conducted by Unit 731 at the camp based in Pingfang alone. Prisoners of war were subjected to vivisection without anesthesia. Vivisections were performed on prisoners after infecting them with various diseases. Scientists performed invasive surgery on prisoners, removing organs to study the effects of disease on the human body. These were conducted while the patients were alive because it was feared that the decomposition process would affect the results. Human targets were used to test grenades positioned at various distances and in different positions. Flame throwers were tested on humans. Humans were tied to stakes and used as targets to test germ-releasing bombs, chemical weapons, and explosive bombs. Prisoners were injected with inoculations of disease, disguised as vaccinations, to study their effects. To study the effects of untreated venereal diseases, male and female prisoners were deliberately infected with syphilis and gonorrhea, then studied. Prisoners were infested with fleas in order to acquire large quantities of disease-carrying fleas for the purposes of studying the viability of germ warfare[citation needed]. Plague fleas, infected clothing, and infected supplies encased in bombs were dropped on various targets. The resulting cholera, anthrax, and plague were estimated to have killed around 400,000 Chinese civilians. Tularemia was tested on Chinese civilians (Source: Wikipedia)

731-victims.jpg

731-victims-002.jpg

731-victims-003.jpg

731-victims-005.jpg

731-victims-007.jpg

731-victims-008.jpg

731-victims-009.jpg

731-victims-010.jpg

731-victims-011.jpg

731-victims-012.jpg

731-victims-013.jpg

731-victims-014.jpg

731-victims-015.jpg

731-victims-016.jpg

731-victims-017.jpg

731-victims-018.jpg

731-victims-019.jpg

731-victims-020.jpg

731-victims-021.jpg

731-victims-022.jpg

MajorWhiteBoy

Forum Veteran
Im obsessed with 731 and mengele. Everyone has heard of mengele, nobody has heard of 731.

They also did strange shit like replace human blood with horse blood, and inject sea water. They were looking for ways soldiers could save each others lives on the battlefield. They thought the horse blood could make a successful transfusion, and sea water could be used as saline. I assume they failed.

Their scientists etc were not tried. We told them if they gave us their research, they could go free. They did.

Also, its funny. Guess they should have tested radiation poisoning a little more.

W

Witchfynde

Internet Warrior
Such lovely people the Japanese and yet if you tell their youth about these crimes ., they simply don't believe you . All reference to Japanese war crimes is eliminated from their record of history . According the them only the Allies committed such crimes . It is not however unusual for Govt's to experiment on humans . In the US a flu virus was released from the battleship Missouri , just to see how quickly it would spread through New York . People died from this out-break too

MajorWhiteBoy

Forum Veteran
Such lovely people the Japanese and yet if you tell their youth about these crimes ., they simply don't believe you . All reference to Japanese war crimes is eliminated from their record of history . According the them only the Allies committed such crimes . It is not however unusual for Govt's to experiment on humans . In the US a flu virus was released from the battleship Missouri , just to see how quickly it would spread through New York . People died from this out-break too
Tuskegee experiment, they gave syphilis to some black folks.

W

Witchfynde

Internet Warrior
Tuskegee experiment, they gave syphilis to some black folks.
Plenty of this crap goes on . But how happy would you be if it was your mother or sister who died .
The Russians were terrible for it . Any excuse to use it on Kurds and such .
They are more disgusting that nuclear weapons and should be banned . Any scientist who does research should be tried for Crimes Against Humanity . It is hard to find a bigger crime by one human to another . This will never happen as the Govts who have massive stock piles of these things will never give them up and would lie to say they have disposed of them ,but haven't

MajorWhiteBoy

Forum Veteran
Plenty of this crap goes on . But how happy would you be if it was your mother or sister who died .
The Russians were terrible for it . Any excuse to use it on Kurds and such .
They are more disgusting that nuclear weapons and should be banned . Any scientist who does research should be tried for Crimes Against Humanity . It is hard to find a bigger crime by one human to another . This will never happen as the Govts who have massive stock piles of these things will never give them up and would lie to say they have disposed of them ,but haven't
Im not currently happy about it, so not happy at all.

keymon231

Professional Beaver Inspector
They also did strange shit like replace human blood with horse blood, and inject sea water. They were looking for ways soldiers could save each others lives on the battlefield. They thought the horse blood could make a successful transfusion, and sea water could be used as saline. .

I somehow doubt that, it sounds like something pre-medieval 'scientists' without any basic modern medical knowledge would have done. Those Japs were scientists not witch doctors.

lily lou

Rookie
I somehow doubt that, it sounds like something pre-medieval 'scientists' without any basic modern medical knowledge would have done. Those Japs were scientists not witch doctors.
Yes they did all of it. A student found a book of old research notes from Unit 731 and that is how our generation found out about . Truman pardoned the Japanese doctors if they shared research . Many of them have talked about it. There are documentaries in Youtube and books on Unit 731 and the Rape Of Nanking . They were researching but their ultimate goal was to kill.

keymon231

Yes they did all of it. A student found a book of old research notes from Unit 731 and that is how our generation found out about . Truman pardoned the Japanese doctors if they shared research . Many of them have talked about it. There are documentaries in Youtube and books on Unit 731 and the Rape Of Nanking . They were researching but their ultimate goal was to kill.

I do not deny about the Unit 731 and their horrific dreadful experiments. But what kind of experiment we are talking here? Chemical weapon? Biological? Virus? It had to be something that worth for the US government to cut them a deal. Replace human blood with horse blood and inject sea waters are not for obvious.

Reactions: McM

lily lou

Rookie
I do not deny about the Unit 731 and their horrific dreadful experiments. But what kind of experiment we are talking here? Chemical weapon? Biological? Virus? It had to be something that worth for the US government to cut them a deal. Replace human blood with horse blood and inject sea waters are not for obvious.
We were after the Bioligical Expirements . If you research hard enough you will find that they did replace human blood with horse blood . Sea Water was used instead of saline (ever had a Saline Drip in surgery or the E.R. they were using Sea Water to replace it ). The logic ? There was none . Read about The Rape Of Nanking , yes the Japanese , to understand how Unit 731 happened. As for the U.S. we let many go and made deals with Devils. Mossad is still capturing Nazis we let go.

MajorWhiteBoy

Forum Veteran
they did all of the above. all of it. all. promise.

MajorWhiteBoy

Forum Veteran
Thank You ! It obviously is overlooked in education . I think some teachers just now are teaching what happened.
while i dont doubt the horse blood/sea water was a point of curiosity for our milirary, im sure the weapons and live vivisections were what they wer after.

Reactions: McM

lily lou

Rookie
while i dont doubt the horse blood/sea water was a point of curiosity for our milirary, im sure the weapons and live vivisections were what they wer after.
Our Military was interested in the weapons but we were already looking at Biological Warfare or how to prepare or prevent it . I have talked to several veterans from the Pacific Theater and many told me they were disgusted by letting Unit 731 Doctors go but they had to by strict orders . Our medical fields were interested in the vivisections too but we really had a keen interest with the Biological Warfare studies. And I am sure many were morbidly curious as to what all they did.

MajorWhiteBoy

Forum Veteran
Our Military was interested in the weapons but we were already looking at Biological Warfare or how to prepare or prevent it . I have talked to several veterans from the Pacific Theater and many told me they were disgusted by letting Unit 731 Doctors go but they had to by strict orders . Our medical fields were interested in the vivisections too but we really had a keen interest with the Biological Warfare studies. And I am sure many were morbidly curious as to what all they did.
agreed, ust in different words.

welcome to gg, by the way!

keymon231

I've read about Nanjing and Unit 731, live vivisections and other kind of sick stuffs, they're all seem legit. But where is the logic behind replace human blood with horse blood and inject sea water experiment by scientists since any field medic at that time would've know that wont work. Any high school students at that time know it wont work. Com'on....

MajorWhiteBoy

Forum Veteran
I've read about Nanjing and Unit 731, live vivisections and other kind of sick stuffs, they're all seem legit. But where is the logic behind replace human blood with horse blood and inject sea water experiment by scientists since any field medic at that time would've know that wont work. Any high school students at that time know it wont work. Com'on....
sadism perhaps. go ask the japs, i wouldnt know. are you sayint its bullshit?

keymon231

sadism perhaps. go ask the japs, i wouldnt know. are you sayint its bullshit?

Sadism? what sadism? I thought you're saying that the Japanese scientist back then do not know that horse blood won't make a successful transfusion nor sea water as saline. So they did that for the sake of knowledge and science experiment.

MajorWhiteBoy said:
They were looking for ways soldiers could save each others lives on the battlefield. They thought the horse blood could make a successful transfusion, and sea water could be used as saline. I assume they failed.

MajorWhiteBoy

Forum Veteran
Sadism? what sadism? I thought you're saying that the Japanese scientist back then did not know that horse blood won't make a successful transfusion nor sea water as saline. So they did that for the sake of knowledge and science experiment.
Im not going to split hairs. For whatever reason, they performed cruel experiments. You can think whatever you like.

Back