Unit 731 - Japanese biological warfare R&D pictures (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

BluVelvet

Rookie
Im not going to split hairs. For whatever reason, they performed cruel experiments. You can think whatever you like.
I agree with you on this one. Personally I find it hard to believe that the Japanese scientists were completely unaware that seawater contained more salts than just plain ol' sodium chloride. As mentioned, any high school chemistry student at the time would know that the calcium atoms in calcium salts, for example, would bind to the red blood cells and cause clumping. Ever notice when you're in hospital and receive an IV, you're getting normal saline (sodium chloride) which is an isotonic solution? Too much, though, can cause metabolic acidosis by destroying red blood cells.

Oh, safe use of such solutions has been documented since the late 1800's in Europe. I think these people were just sick fucks myself. It's an island nation with few resources, but a shitload of seawater.

Reactions: McM

Hel

Sick, Sad World
Unit 731 - 1.jpg
Unit 731 - 2.jpg
Unit 731 - 3.jpg
Unit 731 - 4.jpg
Unit 731 - 5.jpg
Unit 731 - 6.jpg
Unit 731 - 7.jpg

Qayin Wolfsblut

Where all roads end
I didn't notice if anyone had already mentioned it, but there are several films based on this. Men Behind The Sun, is definitely a tough film to watch in parts. It's incredibly graphic and the atmosphere is just claustrophobic and utterly depressing.
Another film, Philosophy of a Knife, is also based on this group. It's a Russian film that is quite lengthy. It's very surreal in parts, and is set up like a documentary, with hideously graphic reconstructions of events.
Good Stuff.

utley

SuperPennyWhopper
This user was banned
Sadism? what sadism? I thought you're saying that the Japanese scientist back then do not know that horse blood won't make a successful transfusion nor sea water as saline. So they did that for the sake of knowledge and science experiment.
Do you know what experimenting actually is? Its to find out if certain methods work or not. Id find it extremely valuable to know if horse blood could be transfused successfully with human blood to save a life. Its experimenting like this that discovered you could use pig blood to replace human blood in a pinch.

keymon231

Professional Beaver Inspector
Do you know what experimenting actually is? Its to find out if certain methods work or not. Id find it extremely valuable to know if horse blood could be transfused successfully with human blood to save a life. Its experimenting like this that discovered you could use pig blood to replace human blood in a pinch.

You only call that act of idiocy as experiment if you live in 17th century. In 1940s, blood types study is considered as basic knowledge and taught in the schools, and such simple experiment can be done under microscope with a few drops of blood. Japan was no medieval nation, they had aircraft carriers for god sake.

MajorWhiteBoy

Forum Veteran
You only call that act of idiocy as experiment if you live in 17th century. In 1940s, blood types study is considered as basic knowledge and taught in the schools, and such simple experiment can be done under microscope with a few drops of blood. Japan was no medieval nation, they had aircraft carriers for god sake.
Yup. You just won. It didnt happen. Humans are good, and not curious at all. We wouldnt just do shit like that, except for all the times we did.

keymon231

Yup. You just won. It didnt happen. Humans are good, and not curious at all. We wouldnt just do shit like that, except for all the times we did.

There are always choices. You can choose to use you logic reason to think critically. Or you choose to be an ignorant like " Oh yeah, the Japs, they are morons, they have IQ of a gold fish and stupid, lets grab some beers and talk about that for an hour jajajaja."

utley

SuperPennyWhopper
This user was banned

How do you call that an act of idiocy??? The progression of human medical science isnt idiocy if you use humans. And just because they had aircraft carriers back then doesnt mean that these experiments werent necessary. And fwiw, Japan isnt the only guilty party of human experimentation either. There is a whole generation of FLK (funny looking kids) in the US today from nuclear testing. The germans invented chemical warfare in the great war. The US Army is guilty of massacring thousands of native americans with small pox infected blankets. Im not going to give you a history lesson, but I will tell you that the japanese did the world a favor, and we forgave them with 2 nuclear weapons and 25,000 years of FLK. Modern science wasnt progressed without pain and suffering, you know. Only the ignorant and idiotic people believe that stupid bullshit.

keymon231

How do you call that an act of idiocy??? The progression of human medical science isnt idiocy if you use humans. And just because they had aircraft carriers back then doesnt mean that these experiments werent necessary. And fwiw, Japan isnt the only guilty party of human experimentation either. There is a whole generation of FLK (funny looking kids) in the US today from nuclear testing. The germans invented chemical warfare in the great war. The US Army is guilty of massacring thousands of native americans with small pox infected blankets. Im not going to give you a history lesson, but I will tell you that the japanese did the world a favor, and we forgave them with 2 nuclear weapons and 25,000 years of FLK. Modern science wasnt progressed without pain and suffering, you know. Only the ignorant and idiotic people believe that stupid bullshit.

Please... spend more time to read before you respond. You missed it like a hundred mile.

I never said medical science is idiot, I'm a medical doctor my self. To do an actual transfusion experiment while the whole 'experiment' can be done in the lab........... in minutes................ with a few drops of blood .....................and a microscope................ is an act of idiocy. To think that Jap scientists stationed in the Unit 731 were complete morons with knowledge on par with medieval witch doctors, is too.... an act of idiocy. That's what I was meant to say.

utley

SuperPennyWhopper
This user was banned
Please... spend more time to read before you respond. You missed it like a hundred mile.

I never said medical science is idiot, I'm a medical doctor my self. To do an actual transfusion experiment while the whole 'experiment' can be done in the lab........... in minutes................ with a few drops of blood .....................and a microscope................ is an act of idiocy. To think that Jap scientists stationed in the Unit 731 were complete morons with knowledge on par with medieval witch doctors, is too.... an act of idiocy. That's what I was meant to say.
No I didnt, I dont think you get it. The whole point of these medical experiments was to show the chinese they are below monkeys, as these were acts of humiliation. The science was just an afterthought, and progress was made whether you like to admit to it or not.

R a n d o m

af9yTg2fNlDqHcOFkK
Yes and often its the immoral experiments that lead to the most significant findings. The results of early human trials and animal experiments before it became illegal/limited are still being studied. An example is Dr Josef Mengeles experiments on hypothermia.

Honest

Hey asshole, quit honkin on the pub floor
Im obsessed with 731 and mengele. Everyone has heard of mengele, nobody has heard of 731.

They also did strange shit like replace human blood with horse blood, and inject sea water. They were looking for ways soldiers could save each others lives on the battlefield. They thought the horse blood could make a successful transfusion, and sea water could be used as saline. I assume they failed.

Their scientists etc were not tried. We told them if they gave us their research, they could go free. They did.

Also, its funny. Guess they should have tested radiation poisoning a little more.
I got a few books on their experiments, they were creative for sure.

GoreErectus

Forum Veteran
Things that make you go," hmmm" ----> (Prisoners were injected with inoculations of disease, disguised as vaccinations, to study their effects. To study the effects of untreated venereal diseases, male and female prisoners were deliberately infected with syphilis and gonorrhea, then studied.)
Im obsessed with 731 and mengele. Everyone has heard of mengele, nobody has heard of 731.

They also did strange shit like replace human blood with horse blood, and inject sea water. They were looking for ways soldiers could save each others lives on the battlefield. They thought the horse blood could make a successful transfusion, and sea water could be used as saline. I assume they failed.

Their scientists etc were not tried. We told them if they gave us their research, they could go free. They did.

Also, its funny. Guess they should have tested radiation poisoning a little more.

Last edited:

mystery_man

˙˙˙ǝʌᴉƃ ᴉ sʞɔnɟ ssǝl ǝɥʇ 'ʇǝƃ ᴉ ɹǝplo ǝɥʇ
when i'm reminded of the nasty shit japs did in ww2 i'm glad that godzilla fucked up some of those mofos.

thebully08$

I just wanna fuck somebody
Unit 731 (731部隊), based at the Pingfang district of Harbin and led by the infamous Japanese microbiologist Shiro Ishii, was a covert biological warfare research and development unit of the Imperial Japanese Army that undertook human experimentation during the Second Sino-Japanese War (1937–1945) and World War II.

At least 12,000 men, women, and children were murdered during the experimentation conducted by Unit 731 at the camp based in Pingfang alone. Prisoners of war were subjected to vivisection without anesthesia. Vivisections were performed on prisoners after infecting them with various diseases. Scientists performed invasive surgery on prisoners, removing organs to study the effects of disease on the human body. These were conducted while the patients were alive because it was feared that the decomposition process would affect the results. Human targets were used to test grenades positioned at various distances and in different positions. Flame throwers were tested on humans. Humans were tied to stakes and used as targets to test germ-releasing bombs, chemical weapons, and explosive bombs. Prisoners were injected with inoculations of disease, disguised as vaccinations, to study their effects. To study the effects of untreated venereal diseases, male and female prisoners were deliberately infected with syphilis and gonorrhea, then studied. Prisoners were infested with fleas in order to acquire large quantities of disease-carrying fleas for the purposes of studying the viability of germ warfare[citation needed]. Plague fleas, infected clothing, and infected supplies encased in bombs were dropped on various targets. The resulting cholera, anthrax, and plague were estimated to have killed around 400,000 Chinese civilians. Tularemia was tested on Chinese civilians (Source: Wikipedia)

View attachment 153123

View attachment 153124

View attachment 153125

View attachment 153126

View attachment 153127

View attachment 153128

View attachment 153129

View attachment 153130

View attachment 153131

View attachment 153132

View attachment 153133

View attachment 153134