Vietnam war in pictures (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Honest

Hey asshole, quit honkin on the pub floor
:nono: we should have never been there, wasnt our fight but the usa gets dragged into everything! why do WE have to be the worlds police?

N

No.13

Internet Warrior
Grandfather was in Korea, father was in Vietnam, and a brother in the current "conflict." I was born an army brat, and I've heard their stories. Only some tho. I have mixed feelings about war. I hate what it does to people. Destroyed my father...

barcelona

Incazzato nero
Short Bussed
Grandfather was in Korea, father was in Vietnam, and a brother in the current "conflict." I was born an army brat, and I've heard their stories. Only some tho. I have mixed feelings about war. I hate what it does to people. Destroyed my father...

Sorry to hear that..It destroys many many people.

N

No.13

Internet Warrior
Sorry to hear that..It destroys many many people.
It does. I understand war is unavoidable, and it's horrific. I just think there should be... better treatment for soldiers. I've seen a lot of kids, barely men, come back less than human. It's so sad.

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
:nono: we should have never been there, wasnt our fight but the usa gets dragged into everything! why do WE have to be the worlds police?
The States just has a way of engaging in other country's wars for so many different reasons and usually when they really have no clear business being there. The US doesn't get dragged in, they walk in with the notion that their military can over-power any other military force and then quickly return home 'victorious'.

The US does have a mighty military but even that can't stop their so-called "allies" from being overrun by another force (ie: North Vietnam vs South Vietnam, North Korea vs South Korea, Iran vs Iraq, Taliban vs Afghanistan, etc.).

They're not the world's police but they have special interests in each conflict that they send their troops into and it is simply those interests that the politicians, generals, etc., want to protect at all costs. The US military is large, although not the largest, but it seems that they are willing to sacrifice their servicemen and women in order to maintain their foreign interests. But that's what war is all about.

Honest

Hey asshole, quit honkin on the pub floor
The States just has a way of engaging in other country's wars for so many different reasons and usually when they really have no clear business being there. The US doesn't get dragged in, they walk in with the notion that their military can over-power any other military force and then quickly return home 'victorious'.

The US does have a mighty military but even that can't stop their so-called "allies" from being overrun by another force (ie: North Vietnam vs South Vietnam, North Korea vs South Korea, Iran vs Iraq, Taliban vs Afghanistan, etc.).

They're not the world's police but they have special interests in each conflict that they send their troops into and it is simply those interests that the politicians, generals, etc., want to protect at all costs. The US military is large, although not the largest, but it seems that they are willing to sacrifice their servicemen and women in order to maintain their foreign interests. But that's what war is all about.

thanks dh, i was waiting for some creative feedback. like u stated it seems this government( and i hate to call it mine) has to have its hands in everything, i just feel at times they throw our servicemen right under the bus! they r far from always being right and i know they arent ignorant enough to know they cant always win . i wish they could learn to stand silent sometimes! they send money here and there while our own veterans r in need yet do without. THAT really pisses me off!

Reactions: McM

Graziani

TRUMP BACK TO WHITE HOUSE
20240223_091737.jpg

All soldiers were very skinny in Vietnam

Last edited:

Graziani

TRUMP BACK TO WHITE HOUSE
20240228_135706.jpg

20240227_073931.jpg
I want to be skinny like them

American men were more beautiful in 70s, also women. American food was better.

20240223_191205.jpg

The My Lai Massacre was the mass murder conducted by a unit of the U.S Army on March 16, 1968 of 347–504 unarmed citizens in South Vietnam, all of whom were civilians and a majority of whom were women, children (including babies) and elderly people.
Many of the victims were sexually abused, beaten, tortured, and some of the bodies were found mutilated.The massacre took place in the hamlets of My Lai and My khe during the Vietnam War.While 26 U.S. soldiers were initially charged with criminal offenses for their actions at My Lai, only William Calley was convicted. He served only three years on house arrest of an original life sentence.
When the incident became public knowledge in 1969, it prompted widespread outrage around the world. The massacre also increased domestic opposition to the U.S. involvement in the Vietnam War. Three U.S. servicemen who made an effort to halt the massacre and protect the wounded were later denounced by U.S. Congressmen. They received hate mail, death threats and found mutilated animals on their doorsteps. It would take 30 years before they were honored for their efforts.

my-lai-2.jpg
mylaib.jpg
Dead_woman_child-My_Lai.jpg
18077d1240309717-no-orchids-were-harmed-my-lai-four-movie-f9.jpg
Thanks for sharing, my wife is Vietnamese and every time we go back to visit family i still hear some stories of that time, the men that committed this atrocity should have been given the death penalty, i know war is war and shit happens but this was another level of brutality. It was a horrible war for everyone involved.

i wanna join up to the army
fonz.png
War isn't fun or exciting. But by all means if you think you can handle it, but something tells me you would crumble under the pressure and be crying for your mummy

Back