Massacre in Syria (05.25.12) (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Tooly

Tier One
Someone wants the UN to do to Syria what's being done elsewhere, Afghanistan, Iraq...I have misgivings about Assad doing this sort of thing unless he's lost (more) control. Bastards on both sides I think!

creepod

(͡• ͜ʖ ͡•)
Someone wants the UN to do to Syria what's being done elsewhere, Afghanistan, Iraq...I have misgivings about Assad doing this sort of thing unless he's lost (more) control. Bastards on both sides I think!
what makes you think hes n0t responsible to it?

Tooly

Tier One
what makes you think hes n0t responsible to it?
Because they said that it was an artillery attack (presume government forces) when clearly a lot of the victims showed close up gun shot wounds (?). Not saying he did or didn't, just that I have a problem with who to believe! I'm always on the side of the innocents, but it's very blurry at the moment.:confused:

creepod

(͡• ͜ʖ ͡•)
Because they said that it was an artillery attack (presume government forces) when clearly a lot of the victims showed close up gun shot wounds (?). Not saying he did or didn't, just that I have a problem with who to believe! I'm always on the side of the innocents, but it's very blurry at the moment.:confused:
i see. thing's a bit blurry to me aswell, i read that these men went from house to house, killing the men first and stabbing\shooting the women and kids. did it cuz people were protesting against assad or somethin.

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out

i see. thing's a bit blurry to me aswell, i read that these men went from house to house, killing the men first and stabbing\shooting the women and kids. did it cuz people were protesting against assad or somethin.
Witnesses, survivors and activists are all saying the same thing: Syrian Army tanks and/or artillery fire came first and went on for hours, then the pro-government Shabiha militiamen (loyal to Assad) moved in and started the house-to-house killings. The UN has declared that many victims were executed by gun or knife.

But I doubt the UN is going to do much of anything there. There are very few UN members in Homs and they are all unarmed. They simply patrol the deserted streets to make sure that the both sides are sticking to the ceasefire. Although the UN states that soon they will have 300 members in the region, currently there are less than 40; many of them Yemen Peacekeepers.

The UN has also reported that an investigation into the Houla massacre will not take place because they simply don't have the manpower or resources to conduct one.

Assad will hold on for as long as he can, his army conducts the patrols and enemy engagement but the Shabiha are his loyal militia.

creepod

(͡• ͜ʖ ͡•)
Witnesses, survivors and activists are all saying the same thing: Syrian Army tanks and/or artillery fire came first and went on for hours, then the pro-government Shabiha militiamen (loyal to Assad) moved in and started the house-to-house killings. The UN has declared that many victims were executed by gun or knife.

But I doubt the UN is going to do much of anything there. There are very few UN members in Homs and they are all unarmed. They simply patrol the deserted streets to make sure that the both sides are sticking to the ceasefire. Although the UN states that soon they will have 300 members in the region, currently there are less than 40; many of them Yemen Peacekeepers.

The UN has also reported that an investigation into the Houla massacre will not take place because they simply don't have the manpower or resources to conduct one.

Assad will hold on for as long as he can, his army conducts the patrols and enemy engagement but the Shabiha are his loyal militia.
sad. worst part is that russia is selling them weapons, hoping to be "on the winning team" or somefin.

rundown

Registered Offender
sad. worst part is that russia is selling them weapons, hoping to be "on the winning team" or somefin.

Name and shame the governments who have been arming and funding this terrorist insurrection in the first place.... It is they who are responsible for this blood bath, and all the other blood baths we've not been told about . With any luck the Syrian people (Shabiha militia ) will be able to drive out the hired killers who have been murdering them from the start of this invasion .

CGH

NewbieX
Name and shame the governments who have been arming and funding this terrorist insurrection in the first place.... It is they who are responsible for this blood bath, and all the other blood baths we've not been told about . With any luck the Syrian people (Shabiha militia ) will be able to drive out the hired killers who have been murdering them from the start of this invasion .

What a warped sense of reality. What you're saying is like excusing a wife beater for eventually killing his wife because she was told by a friend to stand up for herself. By your logic, it's the friend's fault that he killed her and he shouldn't get any blame.

I suppose the little girl with her brain hanging out of her skull was one of the hired killers you want the Shabiha militia to drive out? Insurgents didn't come into Syria with families, thus, these were not hired killers. Soldiers kill soldiers. If you are an armed rebel, you're a soldier. Both can kill each other all they want. But to butcher families for the PURPOSE of butchering families is unacceptable in any situation.

The Shabiha militia responsible for this should be rounded up, executed, and put in a mass grave. That's the only proper way to deal with monsters. But the photos are very interesting to see.

rundown

Registered Offender
I suppose the little girl with her brain hanging out of her skull was one of the hired killers you want the Shabiha militia to drive out? Insurgents didn't come into Syria with families, thus, these were not hired killers. Soldiers kill soldiers. If you are an armed rebel, you're a soldier. Both can kill each other all they want. But to butcher families for the PURPOSE of butchering families is unacceptable in any situation.

The Shabiha militia responsible for this should be rounded up, executed, and put in a mass grave. That's the only proper way to deal with monsters. But the photos are very interesting to see.

No.. What I'm saying is that this never would have happened if the stupid fuckers who thought it would be fun to overthrow the gov of Syria in this bloody way are just as guilty as the killers of these people .... and YES, those who pulled the trigger on these people should be rounded up and punished.. I'm just not sure who that is right now , and I dont beleave a fucking thing the media has to say about it.

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
I'm not really sure that Assad and his government really give a shit about what the Shabiha militias do...and Assad, to keep them loyal to his regime and carry out the 'dirty work', probably endorses it. If they kill women and children then he sits back and blames it on "terrorists". Assad wins the political/media war because no one can prove who did what and he knows that. Eventually though, with all of these killings, something is going to crack soon. The UN can't do shit there. Hopefully, though, that doesn't involve a military coalition of world powers moving in but there's really no other choice. The Rebels will not win this one like they did in Libya.

Back