My Grandfathers photo album/ Waffen SS (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Der Wolf

Long time dead but look forward the resurrection
This user was banned
No he was captured by Amis at anzio, brought to the states as a p.o.w. and stayed after his release in 1947.
Tough battles took place there Anzio, mainly due to the presence of the German Waffen SS
Many German prisoners of war remained in America permanently after the war

Odinsohn

This user was banned
Sorry heres a few more (took foreber with the site being fown) first is my grandfather in full kit vaptioned "partisan einsatz" (partisan service ---- hunting) next photo is pretty obvious (can anyone translate russian?)

Attachments

• 20210701_200628.jpg
    20210701_200628.jpg
    749.2 KB · Views: 351
  • 20210701_193832.jpg
    20210701_193832.jpg
    667.3 KB · Views: 353

Odinsohn

This user was banned
Sorry heres a few more (took foreber with the site being fown) first is my grandfather in full kit vaptioned "partisan einsatz" (partisan service ---- hunting) next photo is pretty obvious (can anyone translate russian?)
As you can probably tell the pics are moving through the begining of the war (west front) which was somewhat "humane" to mid/ late war (east front) when the gloves really came off and showed how low down and " inhumane" man can be to each other. The east front campaign was the worst warfare mankind has ever ( and hopefully will ever ) seen. The images that will follow are quite brutal. At least luckily im able to provide the back story to most of them. At least the German soldier had a cause and a way of life to defend. The Russian troops were forced to fight for a semetic/alien creed that gave them nothing but misery and oppression. Stalin mandated that any soviet soldier who surrendered to the Germans be given a 15 year prison sentence at the end of the war. Its little wonder so many russians joined the Germans after being captured.

Sandberger

Well Known Member
Text there in Russian is "Captured with a weapon". Armed civilians were treated as terrorists and hanged.

Der Wolf

Long time dead but look forward the resurrection
This user was banned
As you can probably tell the pics are moving through the begining of the war (west front) which was somewhat "humane" to mid/ late war (east front) when the gloves really came off and showed how low down and " inhumane" man can be to each other. The east front campaign was the worst warfare mankind has ever ( and hopefully will ever ) seen. The images that will follow are quite brutal. At least luckily im able to provide the back story to most of them. At least the German soldier had a cause and a way of life to defend. The Russian troops were forced to fight for a semetic/alien creed that gave them nothing but misery and oppression. Stalin mandated that any soviet soldier who surrendered to the Germans be given a 15 year prison sentence at the end of the war. Its little wonder so many russians joined the Germans after being captured.
The Germans were not very popular with the Soviets during Operation Barbarossa, and members of the Waffen SS were either expected to face immediate death penalty without any trial many cases or 15 year in the Gulags.

Sandberger

Well Known Member
The Germans were not very popular with the Soviets during Operation Barbarossa, and members of the Waffen SS were either expected to face immediate death penalty without any trial many cases or 15 year in the Gulags.
But Germans were popular in some countries occupied by Soviets. In example Latvia and Estonia, Soviets occupied these countries 1940 and during one year killed and deported so many local normal people that everybody were pissed off and only waited Germans as liberators from Soviet terror regime.
wh1.jpg
wh2.jpg

ArmageddonWatcher

Forum Veteran
Is it okay to add some balance to this thread? Maybe a tiny little bit of biblical "gore" from Psalm 34 will be just enough!

Of David. Contend, O Lord, with those who contend with me; fight against those who fight against me! Take hold of shield and buckler and rise for my help! Draw the spear and javelin against my pursuers! Say to my soul, “I am your salvation!” Let them be put to shame and dishonor who seek after my life! Let them be turned back and disappointed who devise evil against me! Let them be like chaff before the wind, with the angel of the Lord driving them away! For without cause they hid their net for me; without cause they dug a pit for my life. Let destruction come upon him when he does not know it! And let the net that he hid ensnare him; let him fall into it—to his destruction!

jewish-star-of-david.gif

20210808_205045.jpg

Odinsohn

This user was banned
Heres a few more..
Sorry forgot description of these:

1) a small hill or mound is no protection from German shrapnel. This commisar (see his stripes) got a lil off the sides...lol

2) russian machine gunner took one right between the eyes

3)someone quite rotten with a large entry wound

4) 2 unlucky russian tankers

Back