War Battle damage Berlin from ww2 (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SMOKESKULL

Well Known Member
I'm currently on vacation in Berlin.

I was at the local cemetary today and took some pics of the bullet and flak damage to a grave site. I include that below. More to come over the next few weeks...
Where you live? I can check and make sue your tv and other valuable are safe. 😁

wiggins

Forum Veteran
I can only imagine the damage you describe.
:lulz:
Pics didn't come through dam it!

Anyone know how to reduce size of pics? They won't upload as too large.

Anyway, for those of you who want help visualising it, imagine a piece of swiss cheese only made of concrete...

Where you live? I can check and make sue your tv and other valuable are safe. 😁
I'll PM you the code for my safe as it has lots of jewellery in it and cash... I am worried about it and it would be great if you checked !

Nice! How R U Brutha?
🍻 Cheers!
🤘🤟🤙...SP
Hi SP,

Life is good. Arived London on Monday after 16hr flight from Aus. Amsterdam next day. I must say, they're Hash cafe's are very civilised and you can buy a perfectly rolled hash joint and an edible with 1 gram of flowers in it for 9 Euro's.

After smoking a quarter of the joint I had a nice body stone on and wandered around the canals looking at the barges and boats. Very pleasant really.

After 2 days got the train to Berlin. Smooth as silk at 250kmh... I have a video clip but can't post due to size... alas. The track side trees are a green blur.

Berlin is interesting. I arrived yesterday. Most of the building are new after the 8th AAF bombed the fuck out of it by day and the RAF by night. But the old buildings show signs of war damage.

The graveyard that was yesterdays visit, specifically the French Reformed Church Yard of Berlin, is a wonderful haven of greenery as all the trees are in bloom as it's spring here, not autumn like at home. The mausoleums are pockmarked with bullet and shrapnel scars as I guess it was the site of pitched battles given the Brandenburg Gate is only 2 km from here.

Amsterdam gives an idea of what Berlin would look like if it was not flattened in WW2. We Aussies are blown away by old architecture as we only arrived in 1788.

Wishing you well man, Wiggins...

Last edited:

wiggins

Forum Veteran
1714980823491.png

1714980855086.png

Back