ISIS In Iraq & Syria (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Gunluvr

Fresh Meat
I've visited war onto a declared enemy in Panama on 21 December 1989 along with about 28,000 additional troops total. I don't mind a good fight with a beginning and an end but I don't fight open ended engagements for "freedom & democracy" and other assorted nonsense and platitudes.

Gunluvr

Fresh Meat
The US is gonna cut and run for good only after a few pilots get shot down and that fate befalls them.The current president really doesn't care one way or the other, he just wants to run the clock out, get back to his golf game and build his library.

D.O.A.

We are Kings
I've visited war onto a declared enemy in Panama on 21 December 1989 along with about 28,000 additional troops total. I don't mind a good fight with a beginning and an end but I don't fight open ended engagements for "freedom & democracy" and other assorted nonsense and platitudes.
So what's the difference between the US defending an asset in panama vs more than one in the middle east? ISIS want a caliphate that includes all that religious crap they dance around in mecca. So that fat royal arab in the toga and sunglasses who sells the US oil will have to be killed, they've already mentioned it. Better to kill them now, properly, before they become even more of a problem.

Maud'Dib

Spice King
So what's the difference between the US defending an asset in panama vs more than one in the middle east? ISIS want a caliphate that includes all that religious crap they dance around in mecca. So that fat royal arab in the toga and sunglasses who sells the US oil will have to be killed, they've already mentioned it. Better to kill them now, properly, before they become even more of a problem.

They wouldn't be a problem if the US & UK changed their foreign policy on the middle east.
They attack the general populace as they see them as voting and putting the lords of war Bush, Obama and Blair, Cameron in power.

Gunluvr

Fresh Meat
The difference is one that had an ending (3 July 1990) vs an open ended fight that's still going on. I could care less who kills whom and it doesn't matter to me how many heads are taken, all that matters is oil and not disrupting the supply; Who sells that oil to us is irrelevant.

D.O.A.

We are Kings
The difference is one that had an ending (3 July 1990) vs an open ended fight that's still going on. I could care less who kills whom and it doesn't matter to me how many heads are taken, all that matters is oil and not disrupting the supply; Who sells that oil to us is irrelevant.
Lol war has to have a definite ending for you to be interested? Okay lol... And I'm sure Russia and south American countries will do business with you if the Arabs lose significant production :rolleyes: I'm not going to argue with your logic, if you can call it that

Gunluvr

Fresh Meat
Lol war has to have a definite ending for you to be interested? Okay lol... And I'm sure Russia and south American countries will do business with you if the Arabs lose significant production :rolleyes: I'm not going to argue with your logic, if you can call it that
It is what it is. I fight battles when and where there are practical limits and endings. The US has 12 aircraft carriers circling the globe to bring fire and steel down on our enemies heads; It can lay 4 of them off the coast of any country and combined with an airforce attack can destroy any country overnight yet because modern elected civilian leaders constantly squander and misuse this force our country is seen(rightfully) as weak.

I served under guys who went into Grenada and got out. Six years later it was my generation's turn to go into Panama, Somalia and Iraq(1991) to set things straight and get out(in Somalia run out). Either way there was a definite beginning and ending. No nation building, no humanitarian missions(that nonsense started with Clinton).

Wars should only be fought to gain new territory, defend an asset or defend one's own territory. All wars should be sanctioned by Congress with the President carrying out his duty thru his generals as the Commander in Chief.

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
So here we have a few more cases of ISIS militants walking right over and through Iraqi military checkpoints and convoys. Just like with those killed during that devastating attack against Brigade 93 (Stryker Camp) the Iraqis know ISIS is coming and cannot defend themselves worth shit.

The Iraqi military often seems to have no prior intelligence of ISIS movements, no air support and no reinforcements.

Kirkuk, Iraq, July 2014

dead-iraqi-soldiers-after-isis-attack-1-Kirkuk-IQ-july2014.jpg

dead-iraqi-soldiers-after-isis-attack-3-Kirkuk-IQ-july2014.jpg

dead-iraqi-soldiers-after-isis-attack-2-Kirkuk-IQ-july2014.jpg

dead-iraqi-soldiers-after-isis-attack-4-Kirkuk-IQ-july2014.jpg

dead-iraqi-soldiers-after-isis-attack-5-Kirkuk-IQ-july2014.jpg

dead-iraqi-soldiers-after-isis-attack-6-Kirkuk-IQ-july2014.jpg

dead-iraqi-soldiers-after-isis-attack-7-Kirkuk-IQ-july2014.jpg

dead-iraqi-soldiers-after-isis-attack-8-Kirkuk-IQ-july2014.jpg

dead-iraqi-soldiers-after-isis-attack-9-Kirkuk-IQ-july2014.jpg

10. This dude is fucked. Never survive an ISIS attack.
dead-iraqi-soldiers-after-isis-attack-10-Kirkuk-IQ-july2014.jpg

dead-iraqi-soldiers-after-isis-attack-11-Kirkuk-IQ-july2014.jpg

GunXpert

Rookie
No nation building, no humanitarian missions(that nonsense started with Clinton).
It actually started after WW2 and was successful when dealing with rational enemies that were conquered. Since then its been a dismal failure. Korea, Vietnam, Iraq etc.

Clinton made it safe for Albanian Muslims, boy has that paid dividends....

GunXpert

Rookie
The middle east was like a fucked up house of cards and by pulling out the Iraq card, the whole house is coming down, sooner or later. You know when you have common goals with Iran and Asad, you have made some serious fucking mistakes. Obama is not much of a poker player. Never tell the other guy what you will and wont do, its just insane the way we fight wars. I think all these beheader guys will be dead soon, they think they have divine protection, they are about to find out different.

Domino69

In the Prep Room
Beheading has to be a HORRIBLE way to die, nice of the asswipes on the first few pages there to hold on using the eye sockets to make it even WORSE.

Gunluvr

Fresh Meat
Not gonna work from any side. Iran's not interested and the US is half stepping with sending in troops piecemeal. If Congress is so fired up about this mess leave it to them to arrange the logistics, strategy and tactical endgame. There are one or two ways where ISIS could force an overnight withdrawal and they might have the money and contacts to do it. France just stepped into a mess today, bombing them will motivate a strike on Paris, I expect an initial strike like the one they hit Spain with a few years back.

Back