Low pay is not ok (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Mr_Blonde

Banned
Short Bussed
You're missing the point. All you've done is list jobs where the same sweatshop mentality has already taken over and used them to justify not helping another group. Dissing the job they do or their reasons for being there as if it's beneath you is also not really an answer, just you venting your dislike for a certain sector of the labor force....if we were to use your argument we could ridicule just about any job.....
Receptionist: Good morning (............)'s office how may I help you?
Supermarket checkout worker: Beep........beep.........beep.........
Train driver: Go forward......stop........go forward........stop

Fact is, the main reason for taking a job for the vast majority is that they're doing what they're forced to do in order to get money to live. Making fun of their skill level is just cold and ignorant in my opinion and again we could all be the target of that in the relative world of labor skills. The vast majority of us wouldn't choose to be working 8, 9, 10, 11....or in my case 14 hours a day just to get the bare necessities of survival. We're forced into that position by a corrupt banking oligarchy that has structured the worlds finances to make us all completely dependent. Low wages equals control.

Yeah. Don't get out of the classroom/lab too often don't you? The aforementioned jobs are capable of paying a higher wage because the product or service is of HIGHER VALUE. If your product is a $5 burger and you want to pay your order taker/greeter 15/HR how many burgers an hour do you have to sell just to PAY this person? How many burgers an hour do you have to sell to pay for the materials (food for order)? How many burgers do you have to sell for utilities to cook the burger? How many do you have to sell for the building, taxes, maintenance costs etc., etc., etc., of the building? How many more burgers an hour do you have to sell to pay for all the other employees? Do you pay the cook the same as the order taker? Do you pay the Assistant manager the same too? What about your profit/salary?

Secretaries often start at 28K a year because the company produces a product which can absorb such a salary. Secretaries and Legal Aids, para-legals often start in the low 30's at many big law firms. Again, want better pay -- get a job which will pay better. It doesn't work the other way around.

Yeah. Don't get out of the classroom/lab too often don't you? The aforementioned jobs are capable of paying a higher wage because the product or service is of HIGHER VALUE. If your product is a $5 burger and you want to pay your order taker/greeter 15/HR how many burgers an hour do you have to sell just to PAY this person? How many burgers an hour do you have to sell to pay for the materials (food for order)? How many burgers do you have to sell for utilities to cook the burger? How many do you have to sell for the building, taxes, maintenance costs etc., etc., etc., of the building? How many more burgers an hour do you have to sell to pay for all the other employees? Do you pay the cook the same as the order taker? Do you pay the Assistant manager the same too? What about your profit/salary?

Secretaries often start at 28K a year because the company produces a product which can absorb such a salary. Secretaries and Legal Aids, para-legals often start in the low 30's at many big law firms. Again, want better pay -- get a job which will pay better. It doesn't work the other way around.

You're talking as if MacDonald's isn't a global chain dominating the fast food industry in just about every country in the world now. A household name/brand that generates obscene profit and has acquired substantial political clout to boot. Sure their product is cheap but if you haven't noticed it's the companies that sell cheap products who make the most money.......Remember China??So where in that equation is the justification for them to pass off the financial burden for running a business onto the taxpayers and the welfare system?

Mr_Blonde

Banned
Short Bussed
You're talking as if MacDonald's isn't a global chain dominating the fast food industry in just about every country in the world now. A household name/brand that generates obscene profit and has acquired substantial political clout to boot. Sure their product is cheap but if you haven't noticed it's the companies that sell cheap products who make the most money.......Remember China??So where in that equation is the justification for them to pass of the financial burden for running a business onto the taxpayers and the welfare system?

Right. They got to be a global sucess by providing a cheap product. If you are looking for McD's to provide a lifestyle of leisure then you really need help. You don't pay a stewardess the same as a pilot. That's the way it is. To make everyone the same as far as salary then the market will eventually collapse. See the Soviet Union. They had two types of products, export which were of higher quality to put a false front on what is offered within the country and domestic, because you had no choice kommrade.

It's the way 'capitalism' works, but correct treatment of employees should be standard.
from what i hear, Germany has always treated their workforce well. then again, the quality of life hasn't risen in Germany for 20 years or so thanks to reunification..

barcelona

Incazzato nero
Short Bussed
from what i hear, Germany has always treated their workforce well. then again, the quality of life hasn't risen in Germany for 20 years or so thanks to reunification..

Quality of life is pretty fucking good in Germany.. Certainly one of the highest in Europe.

Right. They got to be a global sucess by providing a cheap product. If you are looking for McD's to provide a lifestyle of leisure then you really need help. You don't pay a stewardess the same as a pilot. That's the way it is. To make everyone the same as far as salary then the market will eventually collapse. See the Soviet Union. They had two types of products, export which were of higher quality to put a false front on what is offered within the country and domestic, because you had no choice kommrade.

Who's talking about a lifestyle of leisure? Most Mac workers are just asking for a life where they don't have to apply for food stamps to feed their kids. It's part time work in name only. Most part time workers are working the same hours as full timers, but getting crap money for the same amount of work. I can't see why anyone would defend this as though we have no alternative. Always quick to point out that the only other option is Soviet Russia. That's pretty sad. Your remarks are quite harsh and completely lacking in empathy...why is that? What do you personally stand to lose by seeing a small sector of the workforce get a better deal. How is an increase in their well being a threat to yours that you'd probably put more effort into sabotaging their bid for fair treatment than to actually helping them?

Reactions: McM

Mr_Blonde

Banned
Short Bussed
[/quote
Who's talking about a lifestyle of leisure? Most Mac workers are just asking for a life where they don't have to apply for food stamps to feed their kids.

Thank Obama destruction of the dollar and his continuing bailout of Wall Street. Where do you think all that printed money is going? Any wonder why WS is doing so well while the rest of the country is in the doldrums?
It's part time work in name only. Most part time workers are working the same hours as full timers, but getting crap money for the same amount of work.

Blatent lie. That's illegal under the law.

I can't see why anyone would defend this as though we have no alternative. Always quick to point out that the only other option is Soviet Russia. That's pretty sad.

That is the way it will end up. It always does. USSR is just the best example. A current example is France. The economy and market place is strangled with superimposed wage demands and labor rules. For example, GM CANNOT close or lay off workers in France due to FRENCH Law because of their foreign status and the French government says the sudden numbers dumped into the system will be too much of a burden for France. WTF?

Your remarks are quite harsh and completely lacking in empathy...why is that? What do you personally stand to lose by seeing a small sector of the workforce get a better deal.

You leftist and your FEELINGS. You still haven't answered me on the question on how many 5 dollar burgers you have to sell to give this douchebag at the counter a "better deal." Listen, it doesn't work. If you raise the minimum wage, by the time the law gets passed the market has already compensated for the increase cost of salary and the minimum quickly returns to just that, the minimum.
===

How is an increase in their well being a threat to yours that you'd probably put more effort into sabotaging their bid for fair treatment than to actually helping them?

Why must we constantly reward mediocrity and lethargy. How about him or her getting off their statistically, fat, black lazy, uneducated ass and do something for themselves? Who is at the front of the line for student aid? Who has gov programs SPECIFICALLY designed to help them? Who has the support of all the moderates and bleeding hearts and YET THEY STILL FAIL?

Bottom line is: I'll do everything I can, I will kick down the doors of Hell to help the helpless but, I'm not going to be bothered anymore with the clueless. You cannot save dumb POS from themselves. All men may be created equal in the eyes of the Creator, but not all have the same abilities. That's a fact and NOTHING can be done to make that 'fair' or 'even.' Nothing. To attempt to do so is pure folly.

McM

ARSELING

Yes, the reunification was a big financial and political burden. Even today every employee pays extra taxes for the enhancement of eastern Germany.
These days our government decides the introducion of minimum wages for the low-pay sector. It will be around 8,50 €/11,50 $ ph.
The 'living-standard' for average, normal people is quite good. Just the poor got worse and the rich got richer, like usual. It's called 'recession'.

Ahhhh there we finally have it.......you hate ni**ers to the point of ignoring that MacDonald's employs a whole range of different nationalities. Here in Japan (surprise surprise) they are employing 99.999999% Japanese and they're're classed as the most intelligent people on the planet. You just can't seem to break away from your emotive diatribes about mediocrity, laziness, fat (that's a new one lol) and them being pieces of shit....bravo, you'd definitely sway any panel of impartial judges with such a well thought out arguments. In your world the clueless aren't helpless?
You may not be able to save "Dumb pieces of shit" from themselves, but you can save them from being hungry pieces of shit.. You still haven't answered my question about your personal stake in all this. Why you personally feel so offended and threatened by the idea of people (whom you obviously view as beneath you) getting a better deal. What's wrong with that? How will that hurt you?

Last edited:
Reactions: McM

Mr_Blonde

Banned
Short Bussed
Ahhhh there we finally have it.......you hate ni**ers to the point of ignoring that MacDonald's employs a whole range of different nationalities. Here in Japan (surprise surprise) they are employing 99.999999% Japanese and they're're classes as the most intelligent people on the planet.

Then it's safe to say you are not Japanese. The US legislative body only has jurisdiction over American laws and torts. The Japanese are not arguing for higher wages for their McD employees.
----
You just can't seem to break away from your emotive diatribes about mediocrity, laziness, fat (that's a new one lol) and them being pieces of shit....bravo, you'd definitely sway any panel of impartial judges with such a well thought out arguments. In your world the clueless aren't helpless?

If they cannot figure out a way to get a better job than McDs then they are clueless NOT helpless.
---

You may not be able to save "Dumb pieces of shit" from themselves, but you can save them from being hungry pieces of shit..

I actually do. I often give to charities and I give an enormous amount of food to the food bank every year. But that is personal charity. Mandated charity imposed by the government is not charity; it's theft. Pure and simple.
--

You still haven't answered my question about your personal stake in all this. Why you personally feel so offended and threatened by the idea of people (whom you obviously view as beneath you) getting a better deal. What's wrong with that? How will that hurt you?

I'm not threatened by people bettering themselves. In fact it's better for people to do so. But, what you are proposing is rewarding them for them doing the same quality of job at the same job. For what? You can take any moron, and yes at my local McDs there is a bonafide retard working the cash register -- (He does a very good job. ) can master in a couple of weeks. It's unskilled labor. You don't get top dollar for unskilled labor. Do you pay a brick layer the same as a ditch-digger? In your eyes you do because you sob with butthurt with the ditch diggers. Not that I'm completely unfeeling but, want make more money than a ditch-digger then do something which will pay you more than a ditchdigger. Finally, you still haven't answered how these people are going to be payed by such a proposal?

methamphetamine

I'm beetlejuice baby
Ahhhh there we finally have it.......you hate ni**ers to the point of ignoring that MacDonald's employs a whole range of different nationalities. Here in Japan (surprise surprise) they are employing 99.999999% Japanese and they're're classes as the most intelligent people on the planet.

Then it's safe to say you are not Japanese. The US legislative body only has jurisdiction over American laws and torts. The Japanese are not arguing for higher wages for their McD employees.
----
You just can't seem to break away from your emotive diatribes about mediocrity, laziness, fat (that's a new one lol) and them being pieces of shit....bravo, you'd definitely sway any panel of impartial judges with such a well thought out arguments. In your world the clueless aren't helpless?

If they cannot figure out a way to get a better job than McDs then they are clueless NOT helpless.
---

You may not be able to save "Dumb pieces of shit" from themselves, but you can save them from being hungry pieces of shit..

I actually do. I often give to charities and I give an enormous amount of food to the food bank every year. But that is personal charity. Mandated charity imposed by the government is not charity; it's theft. Pure and simple.
--

You still haven't answered my question about your personal stake in all this. Why you personally feel so offended and threatened by the idea of people (whom you obviously view as beneath you) getting a better deal. What's wrong with that? How will that hurt you?

I'm not threatened by people bettering themselves. In fact it's better for people to do so. But, what you are proposing is rewarding them for them doing the same quality of job at the same job. For what? You can take any moron, and yes at my local McDs there is a bonafide retard working the cash register -- (He does a very good job. ) can master in a couple of weeks. It's unskilled labor. You don't get top dollar for unskilled labor. Do you pay a brick layer the same as a ditch-digger? In your eyes you do because you sob with butthurt with the ditch diggers. Not that I'm completely unfeeling but, want make more money than a ditch-digger then do something which will pay you more than a ditchdigger. Finally, you still haven't answered how these people are going to be payed by such a proposal?
tl:dr

Trauma Hound

Fresh Meat
Fast food is for teenagers saving up for a first car or for students that need a flexible job. Not for adults. I've said it before, but if you're 30 years old, what is your excuse for flipping burgers? You've had 14 years to find a REAL job.

You don't get paid 15 dollars an hour to fuck up my order, spit in my food, or even serve that garbage to me. You get paid to not make mistakes and not be a fuck up at that wage. Don't like it? find a new job while you work there. It's not meant to be a lifetime career, for fucks sake.

It's disgusting how they do diddly-squat and feel entitled to good money. Just like people cheating welfare.

XhuggsX

Ms Cellaneous
Its easy to blame a clown that you spent your time having unprotected sex and avoiding work. Know whats harder to get by on than 7.25 an hour? 0.00 an hour. Keep this shit up, your job will go away.
and you pay for their employees with government assistance. fuck that pay them!!

Raise minimum wage it doesn't matter, prices on goods will increase and your new $14 an hour wage is still equivalent to a 7.25 minimum wage. Happens everytime minimum wage is raised.

Pretty insulting when some low life who can't do anything with their life past working at a McDonalds thinks they deserve to be paid what I make as their starting wage.

R

Rupturedinpurulence

Internet Warrior
It is a bit eerie, but I'm all in favor of higher wages for their employees.
They gotta deal with alot of bullshit to get what they already barely get.

what the FUCK was that!!! Hahahah oh my god was that lady on pcp?

girl101

Forum Veteran
i never liked mcdonald food anyway. it always been crap burgers, no wonder why some man 1984 shot the place up.

Back