Random War pics (5 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

DeadCold

Rookie
American P-51 and 47 at the end of the war in terms of fighter planes.
Yes, no doubt the Mustang was a Master of its own class, but didnt the Germans build the first fighter jet? I know it couldnt land, or something, but thats what caused the ( I believe, not sure) the Allies to steal the thing no?

The Germans did own the battlefield with the tank as well. Ya have to give it too them. Germans didnt make some serious hardware. I think the only way to get around that, was again, Commandos of Britain I think, to take out fuel depots for the tanks. I may have correct info, to many war movies, Call of Duty or all three LMAO.

McM

ARSELING
Yes, no doubt the Mustang was a Master of its own class, but didnt the Germans build the first fighter jet? I know it couldnt land, or something, but thats what caused the ( I believe, not sure) the Allies to steal the thing no?

The Germans did own the battlefield with the tank as well. Ya have to give it too them. Germans didnt make some serious hardware. I think the only way to get around that, was again, Commandos of Britain I think, to take out fuel depots for the tanks. I may have correct info, to many war movies, Call of Duty or all three LMAO.

They had three jets as prototypes, and one got over the experimental state and fought at the frontline, the Messerschmitt 262. It had two very vulnerable, unreliable engines and had to be protected by other fighters during start and landing. But the armament was devastating for the time, up to 4 x 30mm cannons in the nose section.
What you meant is the rocket-propelled fighter Me 163, it threw away its wheels after the start and landed on a skid. Had a maximal time for fighting about 10 minutes until the rocket fuel was empty. The two components of the fuel were dangerous during filling and handling.
The tanks are a long story, they had some good models, yes. But the allies had much more of them and that's what counts at the end.

serveimage

me-163--1-.jpg

Last edited:

Budget Morgue

I smell the stench of your loved ones
Mr. McM, this is off-topic, but since you live in Germany I have a question for you...

Would you agree that Germany has been ruined...or is being ruined...by the "open borders" policy of Angela Merkel?

Regards,
-Ward
It is most definitely being ruined by old commies like Merkel.A proud,capable nation like that....Tragic

McM

ARSELING
Croatia, '91, the sniper rifles look like the Zastava M76 which still can shoot the old German 7.92 x 57 round from the war.

vukovar_defenders2.jpeg

McM

ARSELING
Bavarian 'Landsturm' in Russia. (Landsturm were the drawn elderly former soldiers called in WW1 and before).

o3329062.jpg

McM

ARSELING
Tommy gun and M1 Garand was always well-liked by the Germans! Same with the Russian semi-auto rifles.

o3325225.jpg

Last edited:
Back