Random War pics (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

McM

ARSELING
Captured Hereros. (Revolt against the German colonialisation in Africa)

herero.jpg

McM

ARSELING
1918, German boys 'have a feast' because they're drawn (earlier) as soldiers in very late WW1.

letzes aufgebot.jpg

The Austrians had this strangling device for the death sentence. Called 'strangling gallows'. (Würgegalgen)

würg.jpg

An execution; in the 2nd pic a doctor and officers checking the dead man.

exe2.jpg

exe1.jpg

Last edited:

SeekingReality

Chẹẹƙy Ɓrịt Ɓịrɗ
French Soldiers Killed by German Artillery. WW1
vintage-soldiers-during-world-war-i-1914-1918-07.jpg

Russian, possibly Serbian Soldiers, killed and all personal kit including their M.91 Mosin-Nagant thrown to the side by advancing Central Powers troops
The Global Conflict of World War I (34)russian or serbian p.eq.removed.m.91 mosin-nagant thrown.jpg

Dead Russian Soldier, Carpathian Mountains.
dead russian soldier carpathian mountains.jpg

Reims battlefield with fallen Senegalese soldiers.
The Global Conflict of World War I (38)reims battlefield senegalese soldiers.jpg

Dead Romanian soldiers near Kronstadt (now Stalin), Romania, in 1916.
The Global Conflict of World War I (9) dead romanians near Kronstadt 1916.jpg

Slavo-British troops with Lewis guns. These troops were native Russians in British uniforms and commanded by the British.
A British officer is on the right of the gunner in the photo.
The Global Conflict of World War I (39).jpg

Austrian soldiers mete out punishment to Russian prisoners. Austria-Hungary took over a million prisoners of war during the Great War, the vast majority being Russians.
The Global Conflict of World War I (40).jpg

Russian Soldiers going through a barbed wire entanglement. WW I
The Global Conflict of World War I (36).jpg

British troops landing to assist Japanese troops in capturing Tsingtao from Germany, in 1914
The Global Conflict of World War I (32).jpg

Rare photo taken at night during World War I taken near the Australian lines. The foreground is brightly lit up, with grass and scrub clearly visible. In the background, against a black sky, shell flares criss-cross the sky.
The Global Conflict of World War I (13).jpg

Guns removed from the wreck of the SMS Konigsberg. The Germans recovered Konigsberg's ten 105-millimeter (4.1 in) quick-firing guns, mounted them on improvised field carriages, carried them away, and used them with great success as powerful field guns in their guerrilla campaign against the Allies around East Africa.
The Global Conflict of World War I (5).jpg

Battle of Tutrakan. (*animal warning)
Killed Romanian artillery crew on the position.
505.jpg

Romanian soldiers killed in the trench from direct impact of Bulgarian shell.
503.jpg

Killed Romanian soldiers and destroyed military equipment on the shore of river Danube while attempt to evacuate.
502.jpg

* The shore of river Danube.
The smoke coming from Romanian city of Oltenia (situated on the north shore of the river) from Bulgarian and German artillery fire. Soldiers and many of their mounts lay dead along the shoreline.
504.jpg

British soldier looks out of a dugout with the body of a dead German soldier laying nearby, 1916
07d15e80e8a7d795c2764c783516924a.jpg

German troops with gas masks throw hand grenades, 1916
0f3c6de3726837ffa89d32f6facf0c05.jpg

Last edited:

SeekingReality

Chẹẹƙy Ɓrịt Ɓịrɗ
Now for some light hearted Photographs.

This fox served as a mascot for an RAF squadron during WW1
71857797_10678946_mary_evans_fox_s.jpg

Cats were always around the trenches. They were welcome as they caught rats which would eat rations.
Cats_6-1024x740.jpg

After being rescued from an abandoned foxhole in the New Guinea Jungle, Tiny Smoky (weighing just four pounds) accompanied her owner, Corporal Wynne, through treacherous and primitive conditions. Wynne credits the little Yorkshire Terrier as saving his life on several occasions.
rsz_smoky-wwii-heroine.png

Golden eagle was a pet of a British officer in the Balkans in 1916.
74270003_q_032303_iwm_highres.jpg

Wojtek the bear.
After his mother was shot, Wojtek was rescued by a local boy in Iran and sold to a young polish refugee. When he grew too large, she gave him to the Polish army, who instantly fell in love with their new friend. Still a cub, they reared him on condensed milk from a vodka bottle.
original-1024x625.jpg

As Wojtek grew he enjoyed wrestling, guzzling beer and eating cigarettes. He could even salute to his superior officers.
56736853_wojtek-feeding.jpg

Billy de Goat, mascot of the No 609 RAF Squadron. Raised from a kid, he remained with the squadron through all their postings throughout WWII right until victory was declared.
william-de-goat-609-squadron.jpg

Last edited:

McM

ARSELING
Overrun Russian position in WW1. Instead of sandbags, they used sods of soil (and wood) to build the fortification here.

Russ Stellung.jpg

US soldiers, not in war. But they have cats.;)
Maybe they're in a training camp; the MG is a French one.

2830847421_f36469eef5_k.jpg

Ammunition factory. Every shell was more or less handmade and the fuzes were almost small clockworks.
And they did need millions of them. What for an effort.

Granate.jpg

Last edited:
Back