Users who are viewing this thread

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
The Moscow theater hostage crisis (also known as the 2002 Nord-Ost siege) was the seizure of the crowded Dubrovka Theater by Chechen terrorists on 23 October 2002, which involved 850 hostages and ended with Russian security services killing or causing the death of at least 170 people. The attackers, led by Movsar Barayev, claimed allegiance to the Islamist separatist movement in Chechnya. They demanded the withdrawal of Russian forces from Chechnya and an end to the Second Chechen War.

Due to the layout of the theater, special forces would have had to fight through 30 metres (100 ft) of corridor and advance up a well-defended staircase before they could reach the hall in which the hostages were held. The attackers had numerous explosives, with the most powerful in the center of the auditorium. Spetsnaz operators from Federal Security Service (FSB) Alpha and Vympel, supported by a Russian Ministry of Internal Affairs (MVD) SOBR unit, pumped a chemical agent into the building's ventilation system and began the rescue operation.

Set 1.

DH - Dubrovka Theater Attack - Moscow 2002 - 59.jpg

DH - Dubrovka Theater Attack - Moscow 2002 - 60.jpg

DH - Dubrovka Theater Attack - Moscow 2002 - 61.jpg

DH - Dubrovka Theater Attack - Moscow 2002 - 1.jpg

DH - Dubrovka Theater Attack - Moscow 2002 - 2.jpg

DH - Dubrovka Theater Attack - Moscow 2002 - 3.jpg

7. Russian troops trying to storm the theatre through the front door.
DH - Dubrovka Theater Attack - Moscow 2002 - 4.jpg

8. Guarding the front door, after the attack and rescue.
DH - Dubrovka Theater Attack - Moscow 2002 - 5.jpg

9. A theatre Usher.
DH - Dubrovka Theater Attack - Moscow 2002 - 6.jpg

10. Bodies of the Chechens (all following images).
DH - Dubrovka Theater Attack - Moscow 2002 - 7.jpg

DH - Dubrovka Theater Attack - Moscow 2002 - 8.jpg

DH - Dubrovka Theater Attack - Moscow 2002 - 9.jpg

DH - Dubrovka Theater Attack - Moscow 2002 - 10.jpg

DH - Dubrovka Theater Attack - Moscow 2002 - 11.jpg

DH - Dubrovka Theater Attack - Moscow 2002 - 12.jpg

DH - Dubrovka Theater Attack - Moscow 2002 - 13.jpg

DH - Dubrovka Theater Attack - Moscow 2002 - 13b.jpg

All 40 of the insurgents were shot dead when unconscious, and up to 130 hostages died during the siege, including 9 foreigners, due to the toxic substance pumped into the theater. The identity of the gas was not disclosed at the time, although it was believed by some to have been a fentanyl derivative, such as carfentanil.

A study published in 2012 concluded that it had been a mixture of carfentanil and remifentanyl. The same study pointed out that in a 2011 case at the European Court of Human Rights, the Russian government stated that the aerosol used was a mixture of a fentanyl derivative and a chemical compound with a narcotic action.

Set 2.

18. Bodies of dead Chechens (all images in this set).
DH - Dubrovka Theater Attack - Moscow 2002 - 14.jpg

DH - Dubrovka Theater Attack - Moscow 2002 - 15.jpg

DH - Dubrovka Theater Attack - Moscow 2002 - 16.jpg

DH - Dubrovka Theater Attack - Moscow 2002 - 17.jpg

DH - Dubrovka Theater Attack - Moscow 2002 - 18.jpg

DH - Dubrovka Theater Attack - Moscow 2002 - 19.jpg

DH - Dubrovka Theater Attack - Moscow 2002 - 20.jpg

DH - Dubrovka Theater Attack - Moscow 2002 - 21.jpg

DH - Dubrovka Theater Attack - Moscow 2002 - 22.jpg

DH - Dubrovka Theater Attack - Moscow 2002 - 23.jpg

DH - Dubrovka Theater Attack - Moscow 2002 - 24.jpg

DH - Dubrovka Theater Attack - Moscow 2002 - 25.jpg

30. A member of the Spetnaz force with a dead Chechen.
DH - Dubrovka Theater Attack - Moscow 2002 - 25b.jpg

DH - Dubrovka Theater Attack - Moscow 2002 - 26.jpg

DH - Dubrovka Theater Attack - Moscow 2002 - 27.jpg

DH - Dubrovka Theater Attack - Moscow 2002 - 28.jpg

DH - Dubrovka Theater Attack - Moscow 2002 - 29.jpg

The number of estimated casualties varies widely because many hostages remained unaccounted for and were not included in the official list. Some estimates have put the civilian death toll at more than 200 with 204 names on one list, or even 300, including people who died during the year after the siege from complications from the poison gas. Some former hostages and relatives of the victims claim that the death toll from the chemical agent is being kept secret. According to official numbers, 40 terrorists and about 130 hostages died during the raid or in the following days.

Set 3.

DH - Dubrovka Theater Attack - Moscow 2002 - 30.jpg

DH - Dubrovka Theater Attack - Moscow 2002 - 31.jpg

DH - Dubrovka Theater Attack - Moscow 2002 - 32.jpg

38. Dead civilians still in their seats.
DH - Dubrovka Theater Attack - Moscow 2002 - 33.jpg

DH - Dubrovka Theater Attack - Moscow 2002 - 34.jpg

DH - Dubrovka Theater Attack - Moscow 2002 - 35.jpg

DH - Dubrovka Theater Attack - Moscow 2002 - 36.jpg

DH - Dubrovka Theater Attack - Moscow 2002 - 37.jpg

DH - Dubrovka Theater Attack - Moscow 2002 - 38.jpg

DH - Dubrovka Theater Attack - Moscow 2002 - 39.jpg

45. A civilian.
DH - Dubrovka Theater Attack - Moscow 2002 - 40.jpg

DH - Dubrovka Theater Attack - Moscow 2002 - 41.jpg

DH - Dubrovka Theater Attack - Moscow 2002 - 42.jpg

48. Explosive devices that the Chechens had.
DH - Dubrovka Theater Attack - Moscow 2002 - 43.jpg

Among the fatalities, 17 were Nord-Ost cast members, including two child actors. Of the foreign nationals, three were from Ukraine, and the others were citizens of Austria, Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, the Netherlands and the United States.

Set 4.

49. Rescuing unconscious hostages.
DH - Dubrovka Theater Attack - Moscow 2002 - 44.jpg

DH - Dubrovka Theater Attack - Moscow 2002 - 45.jpg

DH - Dubrovka Theater Attack - Moscow 2002 - 46.jpg

DH - Dubrovka Theater Attack - Moscow 2002 - 47.jpg

53. Some were dead.
DH - Dubrovka Theater Attack - Moscow 2002 - 48.jpg

DH - Dubrovka Theater Attack - Moscow 2002 - 49.jpg

55. Placed in a bus, the unconscious.
DH - Dubrovka Theater Attack - Moscow 2002 - 50.jpg

DH - Dubrovka Theater Attack - Moscow 2002 - 51.jpg

DH - Dubrovka Theater Attack - Moscow 2002 - 52.jpg

DH - Dubrovka Theater Attack - Moscow 2002 - 53.jpg

DH - Dubrovka Theater Attack - Moscow 2002 - 54.jpg

DH - Dubrovka Theater Attack - Moscow 2002 - 55.jpg

62. Weapons, grenades and pipe bombs.
DH - Dubrovka Theater Attack - Moscow 2002 - 56.jpg

63. Same ^.
DH - Dubrovka Theater Attack - Moscow 2002 - 57.jpg

DH - Dubrovka Theater Attack - Moscow 2002 - 58.jpg

DH - Dubrovka Theater Attack - Moscow 2002 - 62.jpg

Last edited:

wiggins

Forum Veteran
I don't remember this? Interesting tactics and some great pics!!
A wonderful post and some fantastic pictures. I remember the incident. those Chechens were real cunts. As if this was going to get Russia to change its policies.

Something about the pic below reminded me of Plastic Bertrand... Its the punk like pose...

1674106948449.png

1674107278253.png

Deeply frowned on now as un woke, trophy pics have been a part of war ever since the first camera was invented.

I so totally understand the need for the victor to take a pic of their kill.

1674108281592.png

And a fentanyl gas. Followed by a bullet to the head. who can accuse the Russians of being inhumane?

Last edited:

wiggins

Forum Veteran
Thanks. Although these events are well-known in russia and post-USSR countries, I have never come across much of this material.
Russia has a complex history full of trauma. Two invasions in 150 years by Napoleon and Hitler, massive famines caused solely by Stalin, massive industrialisation at huge human cost, the break up of the USSR and then the Ukraine thing...

nostrils

Forum Veteran
The Moscow theater hostage crisis (also known as the 2002 Nord-Ost siege) was the seizure of the crowded Dubrovka Theater by Chechen terrorists on 23 October 2002, which involved 850 hostages and ended with Russian security services killing or causing the death of at least 170 people. The attackers, led by Movsar Barayev, claimed allegiance to the Islamist separatist movement in Chechnya. They demanded the withdrawal of Russian forces from Chechnya and an end to the Second Chechen War.

Due to the layout of the theater, special forces would have had to fight through 30 metres (100 ft) of corridor and advance up a well-defended staircase before they could reach the hall in which the hostages were held. The attackers had numerous explosives, with the most powerful in the center of the auditorium. Spetsnaz operators from Federal Security Service (FSB) Alpha and Vympel, supported by a Russian Ministry of Internal Affairs (MVD) SOBR unit, pumped a chemical agent into the building's ventilation system and began the rescue operation.

Set 1.

View attachment 651529

View attachment 651530

View attachment 651531

View attachment 651532

View attachment 651533

View attachment 651534

View attachment 651535

View attachment 651536

9. A theatre Usher.
View attachment 651537

View attachment 651538

View attachment 651539

View attachment 651540

View attachment 651541

View attachment 651542

View attachment 651543

View attachment 651544

View attachment 651545

All 40 of the insurgents were shot dead when unconscious, and up to 130 hostages died during the siege, including 9 foreigners, due to the toxic substance pumped into the theater. The identity of the gas was not disclosed at the time, although it was believed by some to have been a fentanyl derivative, such as carfentanil.

A study published in 2012 concluded that it had been a mixture of carfentanil and remifentanyl. The same study pointed out that in a 2011 case at the European Court of Human Rights, the Russian government stated that the aerosol used was a mixture of a fentanyl derivative and a chemical compound with a narcotic action.

Set 2.

View attachment 651546

View attachment 651547

View attachment 651548

View attachment 651549

View attachment 651550

View attachment 651551

View attachment 651552

View attachment 651553

View attachment 651554

View attachment 651555

View attachment 651556

View attachment 651557

View attachment 651558

View attachment 651559

View attachment 651560

View attachment 651561

View attachment 651562

The number of estimated casualties varies widely because many hostages remained unaccounted for and were not included in the official list. Some estimates have put the civilian death toll at more than 200 with 204 names on one list, or even 300, including people who died during the year after the siege from complications from the poison gas. Some former hostages and relatives of the victims claim that the death toll from the chemical agent is being kept secret. According to official numbers, 40 terrorists and about 130 hostages died during the raid or in the following days.

Set 3.

View attachment 651564

View attachment 651565

View attachment 651566

View attachment 651567

View attachment 651568

View attachment 651569

View attachment 651570

View attachment 651571

View attachment 651572

View attachment 651573

45. A civilian.
View attachment 651574

View attachment 651575

View attachment 651576

View attachment 651577

Among the fatalities, 17 were Nord-Ost cast members, including two child actors. Of the foreign nationals, three were from Ukraine, and the others were citizens of Austria, Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, the Netherlands and the United States.

Set 4.

View attachment 651578

View attachment 651579

View attachment 651580

View attachment 651581

53. Some were dead.
View attachment 651582

View attachment 651583

View attachment 651584

View attachment 651585

View attachment 651586

View attachment 651587

View attachment 651588

View attachment 651589

62. Weapons, grenades and pipe bombs.
View attachment 651590

63. Same ^.
View attachment 651591

View attachment 651592

View attachment 651595
I watched it live on TV. Back then I was cheering for the Russians, now Iโ€™d be cheering for the freedom fighters.

Sandberger

Well Known Member
Great thread, thanks!

Russians were showing their gross incompentency in resolving hostage situations. Always there are massive civilian casualties and more hostages are killed than terrorists. I have heard that it is official SOP of Russian Special Forces- terrorists must be taken down by ANY cost..

Plenty of unconscious civilians died there also because they were placed in evacuation buses in wrong positions, could not breathe anymore and just suffocated. Good job, faggots.

By the way, I have read a book, where all this attack with preparations was described like through the eyes of female Chechen terrorist. Really interesting reading, everything was factually accurate- author knew life in Moscow so well and details of the attack. Story ended with a headshot from Spetsnaz soldier.

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
Thanks. Although these events are well-known in russia and post-USSR countries, I have never come across much of this material.
Gathering the material was a pain...I think I first started collecting images around 2010 and then another search recently to see if there were more, and in particular, larger and better resolution photos; but there weren't any. So rather than stick with small images I had to enlarge them, which meant that some of the resolution that was present was lost, that's maybe why others haven't posted them - don't have the graphics program to do it, or the knowledge. But I wonder if the Kremlin clamped down on media outlets releasing images - the ones from Beslan were almost all a good size - and these were maybe leaks?

I watched it live on TV. Back then I was cheering for the Russians, now Iโ€™d be cheering for the freedom fighters.
Funny, I'm kinda the same. The Chechens had legit demands that are now being repeated by Ukrainians: stop occupying our land, bombing us, killing our people and leave. And yes, back then it was cheering for the Russians and maybe an ironic point: one portion of Chechens are fighting in Ukraine with the Russians while another portion is fighting with the Ukrainians. Nevertheless, the Russians seem to demonstrate a disregard for life in their determination to eliminate a problem. I mean, the Chechen rebels were already subdued (unconscious) but they still went ahead and shot them all dead, as the hostages were choking and dying on/from the gas.

Hmm, interesting. That one dead girl had some big biddies, shame.
Oh yeah, some knockers poking out there...or...she had two bombs strapped to little ones...:rolleyes:

Last edited:

MastermoDawgg

Professional 9/11 Flight attendant
Glad to see you posting these interesting photo collections, as usual!

I feel like too much planning was put into the crisis.

Honestly a bit of gas or a couple bombs would have done the trick.

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
I used to know what gas they use, but since forgotten

Guipago

Forum Veteran
Great thread, thanks!

Russians were showing their gross incompentency in resolving hostage situations. Always there are massive civilian casualties and more hostages are killed than terrorists. I have heard that it is official SOP of Russian Special Forces- terrorists must be taken down by ANY cost..

Plenty of unconscious civilians died there also because they were placed in evacuation buses in wrong positions, could not breathe anymore and just suffocated. Good job, faggots.

By the way, I have read a book, where all this attack with preparations was described like through the eyes of female Chechen terrorist. Really interesting reading, everything was factually accurate- author knew life in Moscow so well and details of the attack. Story ended with a headshot from Spetsnaz soldier.
Can you recall the book's name?

Pic 55, just HAD to lift that top!
Remember this real well as well, Russia actually let a lot of info out after the event, the gasing was 1/2 a good idea, the gas itself had to be invisible, odorless, tasteless & instantaneous or the Terrorists would've set off their suicide vests, no one had anything like it to just knock people out that quick, killing everyone was no problem( I did an NBC course in the military in the 80's on Russian gas warfare, scary shit!) but they didn't want another Beslan, so 'people' had to knock something up either from new or dumbed down military shit, I don't know which way they went but there were 1 or 2 drops of sinister sauce too much, still, no easy task & the gas wasn't tested much on humans until the theatre due to the terrorists demands & time constraints.

Last edited:

rovex

Rookie
I requested this thread. You delivered.

Well done

Gathering the material was a pain...I think I first started collecting images around 2010 and then another search recently to see if there were more, and in particular, larger and better resolution photos; but there weren't any. So rather than stick with small images I had to enlarge them, which meant that some of the resolution that was present was lost, that's maybe why others haven't posted them - don't have the graphics program to do it, or the knowledge. But I wonder if the Kremlin clamped down on media outlets releasing images - the ones from Beslan were almost all a good size - and these were maybe leaks?

Funny, I'm kinda the same. The Chechens had legit demands that are now being repeated by Ukrainians: stop occupying our land, bombing us, killing our people and leave. And yes, back then it was cheering for the Russians and maybe an ironic point: one portion of Chechens are fighting in Ukraine with the Russians while another portion is fighting with the Ukrainians. Nevertheless, the Russians seem to demonstrate a disregard for life in their determination to eliminate a problem. I mean, the Chechen rebels were already subdued (unconscious) but they still went ahead and shot them all dead, as the hostages were choking and dying on/from the gas.

Oh yeah, some knockers poking out there...or...she had two bombs strapped to little ones...:rolleyes:

I think the use of gas was quite intuitive. 80% of hostages survived.

Had the explosives been detonated, one can assume the survival rate would have been less.

Last edited:

Gurgled_Sliced_Throat

Take no prisoner
This user was banned

Set 1.

View attachment 651529

View attachment 651530

View attachment 651531

View attachment 651532

View attachment 651533

View attachment 651534

View attachment 651535

View attachment 651536

9. A theatre Usher.
View attachment 651537

View attachment 651538

View attachment 651539

View attachment 651540

View attachment 651541

View attachment 651542

View attachment 651543

View attachment 651544

View attachment 651545

Set 2.

View attachment 651546

View attachment 651547

View attachment 651548

View attachment 651549

View attachment 651550

View attachment 651551

View attachment 651552

View attachment 651553

View attachment 651554

View attachment 651555

View attachment 651556

View attachment 651557

View attachment 651558

View attachment 651559

View attachment 651560

View attachment 651561

View attachment 651562

Set 3.

View attachment 651564

View attachment 651565

View attachment 651566

View attachment 651567

View attachment 651568

View attachment 651569

View attachment 651570

View attachment 651571

View attachment 651572

View attachment 651573

45. A civilian.
View attachment 651574

View attachment 651575

View attachment 651576

View attachment 651577

Set 4.

View attachment 651578

View attachment 651579

View attachment 651580

View attachment 651581

53. Some were dead.
View attachment 651582

View attachment 651583

View attachment 651584

View attachment 651585