Virginia Reporter and Cameraman Killed During Live Interview (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Hazelnuts

Rookie
I rotated each of the vid-grabs that I took to try and make them easier to see and gain perspective of Ward and Flannagan.

Set 2.

1. The cameraman, Adam Ward, has dropped to the ground as the shooter, Flannagan, aims at him.
View attachment 223218

2. Flannagan/Williams fires the first shot at Ward. The muzzle blast from the gun is just above the "LIVE" image.
View attachment 223219

3. What appears to be the bullet casing from the first shot fired at the cameraman.
View attachment 223220

4. Same ^
View attachment 223221

5. The same shell casing as it continues falling to the ground infront of Ward.
View attachment 223222

6. Same ^
View attachment 223223

7. This one looks like a bullet that didn't hit Ward - the aim was too high.
View attachment 223224

8. Same ^
View attachment 223225

9. If a bullet, this one likely hit Ward. This was the third shot that Flannagan fired at Ward.
View attachment 223226

10. Same ^
View attachment 223227

14. The reaction of the news anchor woman as the live broadcast was cut.View attachment 223229
I'm having that same reaction to This lady's terrible hair and eyeliner.

I

iProphecy

Internet Warrior
I'm still surprised that the female reporter and/or the woman that she was interviewing didn't notice anything - they both glanced at the shooter when he first walked up behind the camera man and briefly raised his 9mm. Like another member mentioned, they become so focused on the interview.

If you've ever been on live television or a live stage production you literally lose the sense of anything other than your immediate focus; in this case, an interview. You have one chance to get it right, no outtakes. They make it look easy, but it's not. You may very well glance away in different directions without seeing anything because you're not supposed to glance away, and the second you do, the little voice in your head chastises you for doing it. You're not actually processing any visual information.

Had he been waving the weapon around and calling undeniable attention to himself, there might have been a reaction, but it would still have been very delayed just from the shock alone. Even if he had, and she clearly saw him, her brain would have had trouble processing what she was seeing. It would have been surreal...mutable, dreamlike. As it was, you can clearly see the shock on her face when he starts shooting. That is not feigned.

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
holy fuck that was upsetting to watch

how did she die massive blood loss or did he finish her if she fell down?
From what I can tell, the first shot hit her either in the right shoulder or just above her right breast. The second shot hit her in about the same area. When she turned to run she took two more shots - probably both to the side or back.

Main thing is that a bullet enters a body but it doesn't stop there: it can ricochet off of bones and end up exiting the body or searing its way into nearby soft tissue or organs. I'd have to guess that she died from massive internal bleeding/damage.

D.N.R.

Medication time
From what I can tell, the first shot hit her either in the right shoulder or just above her right breast. The second shot hit her in about the same area. When she turned to run she took two more shots - probably both to the side or back.

Main thing is that a bullet enters a body but it doesn't stop there: it can ricochet off of bones and end up exiting the body or searing its way into nearby soft tissue or organs. I'd have to guess that she died from massive internal bleeding/damage.
From what I have read she was shot in the head. Both of them ended up with head shots.

ThatOtherAccount

Racing To Death
That's weird you say she was shot in the head because the news conference stated She was hit in the clavicle and shoulder first is why she was able to run and scream as she ran away He than hit her in the back which hit near her heart as she was running away. I say he was lucky to hit her that good as she was running away even more with that gun. They also stated she died about 10 minutes later with zero life signs. I know that gun he had. That gun has massive kick to it and to shoot with one hand and hit what he did was pretty good. I could hit around 90% accuracy with that gun with two hands but with one hand maybe 50% and I am a very well experienced person with guns. I doubt this guy was good with guns or even knew anything other than point and shoot. He was lucky with her. The man was point blank range so that would have been easy.

wino

DILLIGAF
Im gonna go my my lawn.

this whole episode is just how another example of how fucked up american is. The extremes are huge, not only between black and white but the tolerance, why have no white people burnt 10 blocks or white people neighborhood ? Or at least picked on black people who 'might' be gay ? I'm guessing that might be because both of the people who lost their lives here were white, employed and victims of one mans hate regardless of colour. Once again I say your country should do something about your gun laws . . . . I remember a senator or some public official that was shot in the head not so long ago while she was on a campaign raiser.

Think about how many lives could be saved if you took the money spent on guns and war and spent that on schools hospitals and the homeless.

C'mon america Rise up claim the land you so proudly think is the only one worthy of god.

kevin kirk

Forum Veteran
Im gonna go my my lawn.

this whole episode is just how another example of how fucked up american is. The extremes are huge, not only between black and white but the tolerance, why have no white people burnt 10 blocks or white people neighborhood ? Or at least picked on black people who 'might' be gay ? I'm guessing that might be because both of the people who lost their lives here were white, employed and victims of one mans hate regardless of colour. Once again I say your country should do something about your gun laws . . . . I remember a senator or some public official that was shot in the head not so long ago while she was on a campaign raiser.

Think about how many lives could be saved if you took the money spent on guns and war and spent that on schools hospitals and the homeless.

C'mon america Rise up claim the land you so proudly think is the only one worthy of god.
......whites don't burn anything down because whites don't have the mentality and logic of blacks.Its actually something we are proud of not doing.The students here are already going to state of the art new million dollar school.Both elementary and high school. im in nearly the poorest state of west Virginia.Why do people that don't live in the country think we need to build schools when in reality the student are setting in a new state of the art new multi million dollar school looking at facebook on a free laptop the school just gave to them.

D.N.R.

Medication time
That's weird you say she was shot in the head because the news conference stated She was hit in the clavicle and shoulder first is why she was able to run and scream as she ran away He than hit her in the back which hit near her heart as she was running away.
I didn't say that she was hit in the head first, it's obvious by watching the video that she was hit in the clavicle/shoulder first. But both of them were also shot in the head.

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2015/08/reporter-and-photographer-killed-on-live-tv.html

On Friday, the Roanoke medical examiner said that Parker and Ward had both been shot in the head; they also had other gunshot wounds.
Yes, I had read those reports as well. I don't know about Ward's wounds but Flanagan fired 7 shots at Parker, the first 2 shots were fired before she turned to run, the third shot fired just as she turned, and the next four followed as she tried to escape.

As you mentioned below, she was definitely shot in the shoulder/upper breast/clavicle area, as we can see from the vid. Those were the first 3 shots. No doubt the last 4 shots hit her in the back and very likely one struck her in the head (from behind) as she collapsed.

I think that Ward was in a much better position (prone, lying on the floor and closer) for Flanagan to get atleast one headshot or more off along with the other shots that were fired at him close range.

And thanks for posting the news info about the Medical Examiner's report - I meant to but forgot, lol.

DeathHand

Let It All Bleed Out
Flanagan video footage

I posted some vid-grabs a page or two back that I had made from the footage on Ward's camera.

This is a set that I made from the footage that Flanagan recorded on his cellphone (probably and iPhone or Samsung) in sequence.

Set 1.

1. The reporter, Parker, turns and looks in Flanagan's direction. This was mid-way as she turned: the video pans to the right and doesn't show her looking right at him.
female-reporter-and-camerman-shot-dead-doing-live-interview-15-Franklin-VI-aug-25-14.jpg

2. Parker returns to the interview and Flanagan raises his Glock.
female-reporter-and-camerman-shot-dead-doing-live-interview-16-Franklin-VI-aug-25-14.jpg

3. Flanagan lowers his gun and pans over to Ward. This is seconds before Ward returns to filming the interview.
female-reporter-and-camerman-shot-dead-doing-live-interview-17-Franklin-VI-aug-25-14.jpg

Back