WW2: Stalingrad (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Airbornemama

Something Ironic...
This user was banned
WOW DeathHand!! That was an EPIC thread with some awesome picture's! That one pic, I think 52, Has A blown apart tank and when I was looking at it I noticed the lone HAND just sitting among the wreckage, gave me chill's!:tu:

PTSD Is My Life

The internal medal for the wars I still fight
As per usual, an excellent post DH this area of the war both fascinates and horrifies me as the loss of life and hatred for each other was unprecedented on both sides. I am in fact watching a russian program about the Post Stalingrad fighting.... I hope we never have to fight like this again.....

hussaruk

Lurker
I highly suggest reading Anthony Beevors book on this battle (and all his other books on battles and wars). I had the pleasure of meeting him when I was in the army as he had served with the regiment that amalgamated into the one I served in. He visited as an 'old comrade' every now and again. He signed my battle for stalingrad book and the fall of berlin book. Great guy and author.

SeekingReality

Chįŗ¹įŗ¹Ę™y ʁrį»‹t ʁį»‹rɗ
I highly suggest reading Anthony Beevors book on this battle (and all his other books on battles and wars). I had the pleasure of meeting him when I was in the army as he had served with the regiment that amalgamated into the one I served in. He visited as an 'old comrade' every now and again. He signed my battle for stalingrad book and the fall of berlin book. Great guy and author.
Bookmarked. Thank you.

Yolo8515

Fresh Meat
People like to talk about the Ukraine meat grinder, but they don't know that Stalingrad was the center of the worlds most important battle in history, and hence the biggest meat grinder ever. Countless lives were poured into this battle, yet, you will not read about it in western textbooks.

One of my favorite scenes from Enemy at the gates:

Back