Favorite Serial Killer (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

definitely Pickton ... I mean come on not only was he ridding the streets of pox ridden harlots he was aiding the tastiness of the manna that is bacon :)

Weeping Tom

Avant garde art & food critic extraordinaire
None of them, for the simple fact that most (if not all) started out by killing animals.

A fair number seemed to have started with animals but I'm not sure most let alone all did. I suppose we'll never really know the answer to that.
Seems odd that you'd be willing to favourite one if they hadn't. What's the difference between killing and/or torturing an animal compared to a human?

BloodClot

I cause aneurysms...
A fair number seemed to have started with animals but I'm not sure most let alone all did. I suppose we'll never really know the answer to that.
Seems odd that you'd be willing to favourite one if they hadn't. What's the difference between killing and/or torturing an animal compared to a human?

Animals, and children are innocent, simple as that. Never said I would favor a serial killer if they had never killed an animal, I wouldn't actually. Serial killing is not an accomplishment deserving of admiration, if it's an accomplishment at all, and I don't think it is.

Weeping Tom

Animals, and children are innocent, simple as that. Never said I would favor a serial killer if they had never killed an animal, I wouldn't actually. Serial killing is not an accomplishment deserving of admiration, if it's an accomplishment at all, and I don't think it is.

Well since you'd said previously, 'None of them, for the simple fact that most (if not all) started out by killing animals.', I presumed that the killing of animals by serial killers meant that none of them could be your favourite.
Of course if you mean that you could hardly have a favourite serial killer as you were predisposed against people who kill people without justifiable cause then I see your reasoning.
Who is your least disliked serial killer, or do you dislike them all equally?

BloodClot

I cause aneurysms...
Well since you'd said previously, 'None of them, for the simple fact that most (if not all) started out by killing animals.', I presumed that the killing of animals by serial killers meant that none of them could be your favourite.
Of course if you mean that you could hardly have a favourite serial killer as you were predisposed against people who kill people without justifiable cause then I see your reasoning.
Who is your least disliked serial killer, or do you dislike them all equally?

All of them have taken life for selfish reasons. Now, if ever there is a serial killer like Dexter, I may be apt to change my opinion.

Weeping Tom

All of them have taken life for selfish reasons. Now, if ever there is a serial killer like Dexter, I may be apt to change my opinion.

So other than Dexter, you wouldn't have any that you consider better or worse than the others?

Weeping Tom

So you wouldn't prefer say a serial killer who'd humanely killed three decrepit old ladies and then committed suicide out of remorse to one who'd tortured and killed thirty children and was quite proud of his accomplishments?

BloodClot

I cause aneurysms...
So you wouldn't prefer say a serial killer who'd humanely killed three decrepit old ladies and then committed suicide out of remorse to one who'd tortured and killed thirty children and was quite proud of his accomplishments?

Remorseful or not taking a life is unforgivable unless the person deserves it, which is why I mentioned Dexter. Assisted suicide is another issue entirely. Lots of people claim Dr. Kervorkian was a "serial killer", I beg to differ. Killing in times of war is also another issue. I think some who have killed in war enjoyed it, could they be considered serial killers? Maybe.

Weeping Tom

Remorseful or not taking a life is unforgivable unless the person deserves it, which is why I mentioned Dexter. Assisted suicide is another issue entirely. Lots of people claim Dr. Kervorkian was a "serial killer", I beg to differ. Killing in times of war is also another issue. I think some who have killed in war enjoyed it, could they be considered serial killers? Maybe.

I'm afraid I don't know who Dexter is. I do however think that some wrongs are greater than other wrongs just as some, if I may put it ungrammatically, rights are better than other rights.
Three humane murders with true remorse must, in my book, be better than thirty intentionally inhumane murders without remorse. In the same way that the man who imperils his life three times to save three people is less of a hero than the man who imperils his life thirty times in order to save thirty people.
One right is not the same as all rights, nor is one wrong equal to all wrongs. Surely ethics isn't mathematics.
My examples are hideously oversimplified, but I'm sure you see what is being suggested.

BloodClot

I cause aneurysms...
I'm afraid I don't know who Dexter is. I do however think that some wrongs are greater than other wrongs just as some, if I may put it ungrammatically, rights are better than other rights.
Three humane murders with true remorse must, in my book, be better than thirty intentionally inhumane murders without remorse. In the same way that the man who imperils his life three times to save three people is less of a hero than the man who imperils his life thirty times in order to save thirty people.
One right is not the same as all rights, nor is one wrong equal to all wrongs. Surely ethics isn't mathematics.
My examples are hideously oversimplified, but I'm sure you see what is being suggested.

Dexter is a fictional serial killer who only kills other serial killers. I see what you're saying, there are different degrees, but imo that makes no difference, killing is killing. You can put them on a scale like Michael Stone has, but they all have one common factor, they've all taken human life.

Weeping Tom

Dexter is a fictional serial killer who only kills other serial killers. I see what you're saying, there are different degrees, but imo that makes no difference, killing is killing. You can put them on a scale like Michael Stone has, but they all have one common factor, they've all taken human life.

Michael stone was a UVF or UDF fanatic, but I presume you mean another one.
All I'm saying is that one criminal is better than another unless he is the very worst in the world. This follows for pretty much any action unless it is the same action as another's prompted by exactly the same motives then of course it must be equal, well, that's forgetting about consequences but we'll forget that angle.

Xenophobia

May the Monsters bring forth a crippling outlook.
Imma have to go with Bathory as well, its too bad a lot of the stories that come with her are speculation and not fact.

Back