Why do you find gore gratifying? (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Well I watch gore because normal videos are just too boring at some point. I need the excitement of seeing blood and the video being hard to watch without flinching your eyes . Atsome point the flinching goes away and you just watch the video but it’s still more interesting and intimate because it’s kind of a taboo topic
You've never watched clowns throwing pies at fat ladies. Have you?
No, drop the link

jmjor77

A man’s got to know his limitations…
I like knowing that as shitty as my life is sometimes, at least I’m not the guy in the picture with the head smashed like a pumpkin. Or, I feel relief for him that whatever shit is going on in his life, at least it’s over permanently.

Ouchfl

Well Known Member
Some people probably like the anger, violence, or hate, while others have a fascination for the psychology behind it (both being killer and victim), or the anatomy/physics aspect of it (how hard is it REALLY to stab someone to death?).

What exactly do YOU get out of it, and why do you like it so much?
As a US ARMY cav scout and as an American, I've seen enough to know that there is a huge disconnect between the civilian "support our troops" people, and the troops that actually go to war.
It would easy for me to say I'm immune to the horrors of war, death, and violence while at the same time laughing at the pogs and civilians who have no idea what its like to be the killer, the victim or the bystander in these gore clips.
But.....My time in the army taught me no matter how bad im expecting it to be .... in real life it's worse. Back then I didn't have time to really wrap my head around the insanity I was surrounded by because I needed to focus on staying alive
When I see the shit on here now I'm actual in a safe place that affords me the time to really stare at the horror and let's me process what I'm seeing.
It's the first time I've really been able examine my own disconnect from reality. The me that sits here watching gore videos may as well be a different person than the me that was in the army.

There's that line " when you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back"
I find it particularly suited for this situation

Scarface730

Certified Headstomper
As a US ARMY cav scout and as an American, I've seen enough to know that there is a huge disconnect between the civilian "support our troops" people, and the troops that actually go to war.
It would easy for me to say I'm immune to the horrors of war, death, and violence while at the same time laughing at the pogs and civilians who have no idea what its like to be the killer, the victim or the bystander in these gore clips.
But.....My time in the army taught me no matter how bad im expecting it to be .... in real life it's worse. Back then I didn't have time to really wrap my head around the insanity I was surrounded by because I needed to focus on staying alive
When I see the shit on here now I'm actual in a safe place that affords me the time to really stare at the horror and let's me process what I'm seeing.
It's the first time I've really been able examine my own disconnect from reality. The me that sits here watching gore videos may as well be a different person than the me that was in the army.

There's that line " when you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back"
I find it particularly suited for this situation
Very poetic and quality post, thanks for your input

It just makes me feel good. My gratification I get from this stuff isn’t gender specific although I do prefer watching females get it. My desire to see women destroyed doesn’t stem from a misogynistic hatred of any sort, but the opposite actually. I think most women are the absolute pinnacle of the beauty god has bestowed humanity with. That being said, there is something profound to be recognized in watching beauty reduced to the grotesque.

N O T O R I O U S

Radical problems REQUIRE Radical solutions
This user was banned
Gore has a weird effect on me. I don’t feel empathy for anyone involved, some times maybe if it’s a child or animal. But mostly I just feel like I’m the one missing out.

Some people probably like the anger, violence, or hate, while others have a fascination for the psychology behind it (both being killer and victim), or the anatomy/physics aspect of it (how hard is it REALLY to stab someone to death?).

What exactly do YOU get out of it, and why do you like it so much?
I just like watching people die. It's fascinating to me. Plus the shock value in how wild people can get. I like the predatory behavior & the ability to twist & distort ones mind into something awful. I like seeing the dark side of humanity. I like seeing people remember we are animals. Predators. I like seeing chaos & blood in extremes. It's soothing & comforting to me. For some reason hearing the death rattle is enough to put me right to sleep.

Back